Should Dungey play | Syracusefan.com

Should Dungey play

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
Any more this year? Risking another head injury v. getting playing experience in a lost season. Maybe its better to give a back up playing time in case he's needed next season.

This is a question (see the ? mark) that some very few nearly extinct others have raised, not a conclusion. OMG.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why it's considered a lost season. I realize that a bowl is still not very likely, but it's not like NC State, BC, and Louisville are amazing teams. It'll be tough to get those wins, but I mean for god's sake, BC had 79 yards of total offense today.

We are literally a facemask and a fake punt conversion away from being 5-2.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, I know. But it's not like we're getting blown out, and should just chalk up those games as losses. We can, and I expect WILL, compete in each of those three games.

I think it is lost in terms of what the goals are for a team that has no chance at playing for the national title. Geting to a bowl has to be the standard for a team od SU's caliber. Not getting to one means that unlike 50 other teams playing FB this is not a succesful year. The best this team can do is get to 5 wins unless the cool aid one is drinking is spiked.

Any more this year? Risking another head injury v. getting playing experience in a lost season. Maybe its better to give a back up playing time in case he's needed next season.

If Shafer is coaching for his job over the next 17 games, every win matters.

Unless you want to give Shafer get a free pass if we finish 3-9 without Dungey, and a free pass for finishing 3-9 last season without Hunt.

If Shafer is coaching for his job over the next 17 games, every win matters.

Unless you want to give Shafer get a free pass if we finish 3-9 without Dungey, and a free pass for finishing 3-9 last season without Hunt.
I don't care bout Shafer. I care about SU football. If he can coach the team to win then a like him if not...well next man up!

Of course he should play. He didn't get a concussion today.

The best this team can do is get to 5 wins unless the cool aid one is drinking is spiked.
By my math the best that SU can do is 8-4.

Is that likely? Probably not. Is it possible? Yup.

They have to play to win each and every game.

Moontan said:
By my math the best that SU can do is 8-4. Is that likely? Probably not. Is it possible? Yup. They have to play to win each and every game.

Axe already wrote off the next three.

By my math the best that SU can do is 8-4.

Is that likely? Probably not. Is it possible? Yup.

They have to play to win each and every game.
Exactly. And anyone who thinks that NC State, Louisville, and BC are automatic losses are people who clearly have not watched NC State, Louisville, and BC this season.

Still think we can knock off Clemson :noidea::noidea::noidea:

Still think we can knock off Clemson :noidea::noidea::noidea:
I don't think we can beat Clemson...but honestly, I've thought FSU was ripe for an upset all season. They just don't impress me very much, outside of Dalvin Cook.

The best way to get Eric to transfer is to tell him we're going to sit you, because we can't win this year. You would lose the entire team that way, not just Eric.

I don't think we can beat Clemson...but honestly, I've thought FSU was ripe for an upset all season. They just don't impress me very much, outside of Dalvin Cook.

TBH I said Clemson almost entirely because it's a home game, and FSU isn't.

TBH I said Clemson almost entirely because it's a home game, and FSU isn't.
I figured as much. Honestly, I don't think either one is a realistic win. I've had them both penciled in as losses since I saw the schedule. But FSU is not nearly as good as their ranking, outside of Cook. Clemson is definitely better than I expected them to be this season.

Hell, just put him in a plastic bubble and be done with it.

Hell, just put him in a plastic bubble and be done with it.

Hang on. Why hasn't anyone tried this? He would be impossible to bring down.

Not sure how you get the ball in or out of the bubble, but, I mean, he'd be impossible to stop.

Hang on. Why hasn't anyone tried this? He would be impossible to bring down.

Not sure how you get the ball in or out of the bubble, but, I mean, he'd be impossible to stop.
1229322_1015730.jpg