Should I stay or should I go? | Syracusefan.com

Should I stay or should I go?

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
I've always loved the SU - BC rivalry. I think I'm going to make the 150 mile drive to Syracuse on Saturday.
But, I don't want to witness a third straight horse-whipping. Maybe I'll just watch on TV.
If I invest the day, please don't abuse my loyalty, Orangemen!
Anybody else having the same thoughts?

i dont think we will see anything as bad as the last 2 saturdays as i dont think bc will score that much. Ill be there as its the last home game for 9 months

I've always loved the SU - BC rivalry. I think I'm going to make the 150 mile drive to Syracuse on Saturday.
But, I don't want to witness a third straight horse-whipping. Maybe I'll just watch on TV.
Guarantee won't be a woodshed game. They don't have that type of O. Will be a good hard fought close game.

I haven't missed a game im 10 years, even making the uconn game 7 years ago with my mom in the hospital with cancer surgery. That said, i am definitely out on sat. Ish is my guy and it will hurt to not see him off, but other than that, this team and Dino have done nothing the past 2 weeks to motivate me. Sucks, I live for these games all year round but no:

ED
Bowl chance
Enthusiasm the past 2 weeks
Clue by Dino and staff on making in game adjustments on D.
And most of all, no motivation by the staff to rally the team with ED on the bench. Upsetting.

I haven't missed a game im 10 years, even making the uconn game 7 years ago with my mom in the hospital with cancer surgery. That said, i am definitely out on sat. Ish is my guy and it will hurt to not see him off, but other than that, this team and Dino have done nothing the past 2 weeks to motivate me. Sucks, I live for these games all year round but no:

ED
Bowl chance
And most of all, no motivation by the staff to rally the team with ED on the bench. Upsetting.

dino and the team has done nothing the last 2 weeks to motivate you to go. yet you haven't missed a game in 10 years. that makes sense. what were we, 8-4 all those years?

ED
Bowl chance
So you went to every game in G-Rob's final 2 years & the entire Shafer Era but THIS season is the one that finally killed your motivation? Sorry, but you most definitely don't "live for these games".

Edit: Sorry, that was harsh but c'mon man. Ishmael, the inspiration for your handle & one of the most accomplished WRs in SU history is playing his final game. Not to mention Erv, Franklin, Bennett, etc. I know it's been frustrating these last few weeks but we're on the path to being good again & trust me, you're going to want to be able to brag about your consecutive games attended streak once we are. I sincerely hope you reconsider.

Last edited:
So you went to every game in G-Rob's final 2 years & the entire Shafer Era but THIS season is the one that finally killed your motivation? Sorry, but you most definitely don't "live for these games".

Edit: Sorry, that was harsh but c'mon man. Ishmael, the inspiration for your handle & one of the most accomplished WRs in SU history is playing his final game. Not to mention Erv, Franklin, Bennett, etc. I know it's been frustrating these last few weeks but we're on the path to being good again & trust me, you're going to want to be able to brag about your consecutive games attended streak once we are. I sincerely hope you reconsider.

I dont care about bragging about consecutive game bragging. This week adds up to a bunch of stir fried crap when you factor in everything. From dinos comments this week, to the team not being motivated the past 2 weeks, to ZM, to not playing for a dann thing. Yes, in the Grob era i had no expectations. Now, i do, as we all do and this BC game is a hard pill to swallow.

dino and the team has done nothing the last 2 weeks to motivate you to go. yet you haven't missed a game in 10 years. that makes sense. what were we, 8-4 all those years?

Actually, yes, come on DINO lovers, the last 2 weeks we saw an apathetic team feeling sorry for themselves after the starter couldn't go. Add in the fact that we got out schemed 40-5 at home in the second half!!!! Last week we were flat out disinterested. You can tell by player's body language. And then Dino's self serving, hypocritical comments today ? Home is an easy call. Dino deserves 20k on saturday to finally LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

Actually, yes, come on DINO lovers, the last 2 weeks we saw an apathetic team feeling sorry for themselves after the starter couldn't go. Add in the fact that we got out schemed 40-5 at home in the second half!!!! Last week we were flat out disinterested. You can tell by player's body language. And then Dino's self serving, hypocritical comments today ? Home is an easy call. Dino deserves 20k on saturday to finally LOOK IN THE MIRROR.
Did you actually watch Dino's presser or are you just going off of Carlson/Axe/Waters/certain posters' interpretation of his comments without context? I'd suggest doing so if you haven't. I didn't find them self-serving or hypocritical at all.

I hate to say it, but I am leaning towards watching Michigan/Ohio st.

you should watch it with ish888888888888888

Well I'm also a Michigan fan, if this game meant something it would be cuse first, but its Michigan/Ohio st.

I dont care about bragging about consecutive game bragging. This week adds up to a bunch of stir fried crap when you factor in everything. From dinos comments this week, to the team not being motivated the past 2 weeks, to ZM, to not playing for a dann thing. Yes, in the Grob era i had no expectations. Now, i do, as we all do and this BC game is a hard pill to swallow.
You may conceivably be the worst 'fan' ever. And I use the term loosely. "Dino deserves 20k on Saturday"???????????? C'mon, man. THAT is not a fan.

Well I'm also a Michigan fan, if this game meant something it would be cuse first, but its Michigan/Ohio st.
Who's more disappointing this year, SU or Michigan?

ED
Bowl chance

funny-cat-animal-paw-stop-posting-now-pics.jpg

Stay home next year too.

You won't be missed.

This is truly your worst take ever. I agree with you when you post on uniforms but literally nothing else. It's really uncanny.

Stay home next year too.

You won't be missed.

Agreed, but he LOVES Syracuse football. Cant you tell. I would say that nobody has bitched more than I have the past 17 years on this forum but when my schedule allows I have been to every game regardless of record or coach. I certainly have never not gone to a game because I didn't deem the coach, program or kids worthy. Quite frankly and call me crazy, I have always enjoyed having a few beers and going into a Syracuse football game hoping for a win regardless of opponent, granted I have left dejected a lot of time but I keep taking the gut punches and coming back. I have left so many games saying, " I can't take it anymore" But midweek I am usually dusting myself off once again.. It's how fans roll. I would sooner watch Syracuse/ Colgate than Ohio St Michigan

I was at the Ga Tech game in Atlanta and for me that is worst game ever, that or the PSU game at home under GROB where he came out throwing punches in the tunnel

Last edited: