Should I stay or should I go? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Should I stay or should I go?

I would be surprised after all the loyalty that Babers has shown TD that he’d just up and leave. Everyone knew this year was going to be messed up.
I’ve already made my statement. But I’ll answer this one loyalty to tommy ?
Tommy is the loyal one could have gone a lot of places how is Babers loyal to him ? I don’t get that statement?

Tommy is the loyal one could have gone a lot of places how is Babers loyal to him ? I don’t get that statement?

I wish him and your family well. We certainly aren't privy to all of the information and always like to condition my comments with the blanket "i really have no clue". I think it's pretty clear on this board everyone wants Syracuse to do well. It's a great school that has given alot of us an incredible headstart on life.

If Tommy decides Syracuse isn't for him, i hope he does well wherever he ends up. I'll still be rooting for Syracuse for sure.

I don’t know if I have seen your statement and nowhere have I questioned TDs loyalty to DB. I’m just saying that DB has been extremely loyal to TD over the last couple seasons.

first he showed a lot of confidence in TD when DB had a pretty good but banged up ED in the stable. Second, even when TD has struggled DB has never publicly questioned him nor really showed any lack of confidence in him. DB has to be one of the most loyal coaches I have seen.

How is Dino disloyal to Tommy? Did he start someone over TD when he wasn't hurt? I'm puzzled by this comment.

How is Dino disloyal to Tommy? Did he start someone over TD when he wasn't hurt? I'm puzzled by this comment.

Yeah, not seeing where there's any "disloyalty" by Dino, at all.
Tommy got a legit shot to try to beat out Dungey, and really made Dino consider it.
But in the end, Dungey was the better QB at that time, so he kept starting.

Since then, Tommy has been QB1 pretty much chiseled in stone.
Until he was hurt.

Now, you could maybe try to twist it that because Dino couldn't keep a cohesive OL in front of Tommy, then that is somehow "disloyal"?

Nah - that's just REALLY bad luck.

If I’m a player reading/hearing negative things about my play and I’m already super frustrated and not playing I may do something minor on social media to gauge reactions. If my frustration is being shared by those around me, it may fuel my frustrations even more.

I don’t know if I have seen your statement and nowhere have I questioned TDs loyalty to DB. I’m just saying that DB has been extremely loyal to TD over the last couple seasons.

first he showed a lot of confidence in TD when DB had a pretty good but banged up ED in the stable. Second, even when TD has struggled DB has never publicly questioned him nor really showed any lack of confidence in him. DB has to be one of the most loyal coaches I have seen.
If I’m a player reading/hearing negative things about my play and I’m already super frustrated and not playing I may do something minor on social media to gauge reactions. If my frustration is being shared by those around me, it may fuel my frustrations even more.
he doesn’t read this stuff I, he does get abused on social media but he knows the truth . Top top top people in the industry are part of his circle
From pros to trainers , gurus etc he isn’t into petty stuff like that . He’s focused on returning to practice as soon as he can

he doesn’t read this stuff I, he does get abused on social media but he knows the truth . Top top top people in the industry are part of his circle
From pros to trainers , gurus etc he isn’t into petty stuff like that . He’s focused on returning to practice as soon as he can
And there you have it! We can step back and quit the toxic conjecture now.

Never said he was disloyal at all but there was nothing on Dino’s end to be Loyal about either .

I’m gonna have to disagree with this. Dino was willing to die on the Tommy Devito hill. There were some calling for DBs job due (in part) because of the lack of production (offensively) and Dino never wavered on Tommy, at least publicly.

im-going-wherever-they-value-loyalty-the-most.jpg

This isn't super relevant, just something I thought of given the discussion.

If that is true, and they are telling Tommy he can transfer to another P5 school and start, it's time to be looking for a new circle..

It’s in his best interest to go.

it’s not in our best interest for him to stay either.

Devo, Harris, etc...

Both were pushed out. They didn't leave on their own volition.

As far as Dino not throwing Devito under the bus. In college you don't trash a player in public. It's a job where you are heavily dependent on recruiting to succeed. Players see, hear and are told of your shortcomings in order to get them to flip.

I’m gonna have to disagree with this. Dino was willing to die on the Tommy Devito hill. There were some calling for DBs job due (in part) because of the lack of production (offensively) and Dino never wavered on Tommy, at least publicly.

Maybe there is a reason he never waivered...Without judging talent level, there didn't seem to be a better option. Maybe we'd be better off figuring out how to get TD the help he needs to be put in winning situations. Healthy bodies would be a start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom