Should I stay or should I go? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Should I stay or should I go?

Oh yeah I forgot you know more than them what was I thinking

QBs from one of the worst offenses in the country rarely Trade Up. There is nothing wrong with him going to a G5 school and putting up some stats though. Would be best for everyone.

Folks, Tommy is out for the season. We should not be bashing his play at this point, nor participating in inflammatory dialogue / conjecture with his father. The Cuse community collectively hopes for a speedy recovery. As for next year, give TD some space. It's an emotional time for everyone - players, fans, society at large...Whatever TD decides I'm sure will be a well thought out and cogent decision.

Never said he was disloyal at all but there was nothing on Dino’s end to be Loyal about either .

Please correct me if I'm wrong. My interpretation of your post translates to...had Dino had another (better option) available P5 type level qb on the roster, he would've already made the shift vs. placing all his eggs in one basket as is the apparent case having to stick with Tommy? If that is it, to that I'd say that Dino's ultimate obligation is to give Syracuse University its best shot at winning football games. That is his number one priority over any thing else, of course this also means without jepardizing any moral integrity of the university in doing so.

This thread is great. Except, it is about a young man. A young man that chose to be Orange. I hope he stays and gets healthy and has a healthy offensive line protecting him for a great year next year. Nobody likes losing, but it brings out an ugly side in people. They forget that these young men are working their butts off.

I’ve already made my statement. But I’ll answer this one loyalty to tommy ?
Tommy is the loyal one could have gone a lot of places how is Babers loyal to him ? I don’t get that statement?
I don't want to say anything that I will regret later so I will only say that Tommy is a terrific talent playing his heart out with a weak supporting cast. He has been sacked more than anyone in CFB and it was only a matter of time before he got hurt.
Yet, all he did was get up, brush himself off and go again without complaint.
I, for one, will be disappointed and saddened if he leaves. Young men like Tommy don't come along all that often. I will be embarrassed if we fail him because of our ignorance.

Regardless, I wish him every success.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. My interpretation of your post translates to...had Dino had another (better option) available P5 type level qb on the roster, he would've already made the shift vs. placing all his eggs in one basket as is the apparent case having to stick with Tommy? If that is it, to that I'd say that Dino's ultimate obligation is to give Syracuse University its best shot at winning football games. That is his number one priority over any thing else, of course this also means without jepardizing any moral integrity of the university in doing so.
He would have tried a Dungey type due to Tommy’s injury and line play that’s why you saw a little bit of Welch last year one tommy was hurt 2 he wanted to try to run clay.
Dino knows he knows very well what he has
If the line is hurt again you will need a running Qb but most can’t throw but if back yard Qb is what he wanted I’d don’t see him recruiting it

Dino was loyal to the best chance at winning, game to game. That's how it should always be.

(Side note for Tommy haters: If another kid comes along with his arm talent and we don't take him because we don't think we can block for him - close up shop. You recruit the best kids you can and then surround him with the best you can get and then you start that kid. That's it.)

QBs from one of the worst offenses in the country rarely Trade Up. There is nothing wrong with him going to a G5 school and putting up some stats though. Would be best for everyone.
Are you for real? I can't believe an SU "fan" (if you really are one and not a troll) would actually tell a player to transfer. Redrum, just know that the overwhelming majority of SU fans support you and your family.

Let’s just hope the kid gets healthy. I for one hope TD comes back and can show he is what we all thought he could be. The kid is injured no sense worrying about if he transfers or not . Now if he wants to move on so be it. That is his right. If he has some better power 5 opportunities then Syracuse, I would say why not take it? Syracuse Football will be played next year one way or the other and somebody has to take the snaps. Could be worse could be better but only time will tell.

tombstone.jpg

Says who? Some rando on the internet? Cool.
He has Had schools sniffing around since last year big time schools Tommy is as talented as they come they know his situation
That being said he is planning on being an orange man next year . Fix the line get some transfers in and get him some big boy throws and mix in some pro concepts and we will be the Offense you want us to be . Cut the crap
All the crap stirring is out of your boredom.
Go focus on the young players

TD would be successful with an offensive line even with the supporting cast at the moment that’s what a lot of you are failing to realize. Asking to have a generational dual threat like Eric Dungey to come save the day is a lot (and highly unlikely). Healthy offensive line + TD next year will be a good combo and I believe he’d be a good mentor for the underclass men.
If TD decides to search for greener pastures I wish him nothing but the best. I’ve always wanted to see him succeed in our offense.

If you’re banking on Dino to land a transfer QB... good luck

Oh yeah I forgot you know more than them what was I thinking

I cannot believe this thread even started... so now that it has and Redrum is in the house.. Here is my statement: " Tommy DeVito is an outstanding representative of Syracuse University. I have very little doubt that with a healthy Offensive Line, Growth from the WR's and a full off season for the OC.. He will be very successful next year. He is the best QB on the roster and him coming back next year makes our football team better.. Period. If he chooses to pick another school and transfer, i wish him the very best but make no mistake I do not want him going anywhere else to play college football" Whatever TD and his family decides.. He/them will always be a part of the Syracuse family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you for real? I can't believe an SU "fan" (if you really are one and not a troll) would actually tell a player to transfer. Redrum, just know that the overwhelming majority of SU fans support you and your family.

I'm not the one telling the player to transfer. It sounds as if certain people in his "circle" have broached the topic. The point of that post was - SYRACUSE is still TD's best option. He isn't trading up. That may not be his fault (OL/Injuries/Whatever the excuse of the day is) but that is reality. If he decides to leave, I am sure there are G5s that would be more than happy to have him. Just don't see P5s lining up for TD right now.

I'm not the one telling the player to transfer. It sounds as if certain people in his "circle" have broached the topic. The point of that post was - SYRACUSE is still TD's best option. He isn't trading up. That may not be his fault (OL/Injuries/Whatever the excuse of the day is) but that is reality. If he decides to leave, I am sure there are G5s that would be more than happy to have him. Just don't see P5s lining up for TD right now.
STOP

he doesn’t read this stuff I, he does get abused on social media but he knows the truth . Top top top people in the industry are part of his circle
From pros to trainers , gurus etc he isn’t into petty stuff like that . He’s focused on returning to practice as soon as he can
Ok thx for the responses. I don’t question him at all I was really just interested as your thought on DB being loyal. To me DB is as loyal as they come (at least in D1 football).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom