Shows that should be better than they actually are | Syracusefan.com

Shows that should be better than they actually are

Guinness

Living Legend
or in other words shows that looked fantastic but turned out to be duds.

With my opening volley I choose Hell on Wheels. Looked to be a real winner but never really worked for me. I muscled my way through season one but could not be bothered to watch season 2.

I am supremely disappointed by Under the Dome. Yet I continue to watch it every week.

I have avoided the show because the book was the first by King I choose not to finish. Found it painfully boring which is unusual for his work.

At the risk of appearing pedantic, I don't watch a lot of TV, I read books instead. That way I get to choose what it all looks and sounds like. While staying at a friend's place on a golf trip, we watched an episode of Game of Thrones, which he was quite into. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Ah well, different strokes for different folks. :)

I am supremely disappointed by Under the Dome. Yet I continue to watch it every week.

I find the acting to be quite sub-par on that show. It reminds me of a poor mans twin peaks without trying to be.

I find the acting to be quite sub-par on that show. It reminds me of a poor mans twin peaks without trying to be.

It reminds me of a Soap Opera to be honest. I have to agree that the acting is just plain terrible and I love Dean Norris.

Revolution immediately came to mind. I keep watching it because the concept is interesting, but the acting is poor and the subplots are standard network shlock.

Could say the same about The Walking Dead, but to a lesser extent. The main frustration there is the consistently poor decision making by the characters.

Revolution immediately came to mind. I keep watching it because the concept is interesting, but the acting is poor and the subplots are standard network shlock.

Could say the same about The Walking Dead, but to a lesser extent. The main frustration there is the consistently poor decision making by the characters.

I love Walking Dead but there is certainly a level of cheese to it. NBC also completely blew the Event.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

The Following. I loved the first couple of episodes, but lost interest quickly.

or in other words shows that looked fantastic but turned out to be duds.

With my opening volley I choose Hell on Wheels. Looked to be a real winner but never really worked for me. I muscled my way through season one but could not be bothered to watch season 2.

Another show that I liked but probably could have been done a lot better was Jericho. The concept was awesome but there was lots of Velveeta fall out after the nuclear attack.

Americas got talent :bang::bang::bang:
Once upon a time.
Terra Nova, Lie to me cut short.

In other news Fallen Skies has gotten really good

Elementary. I keep waiting for it to be great. It's good, but not quite over the top, at least for me.

I have avoided the show because the book was the first by King I choose not to finish. Found it painfully boring which is unusual for his work.
It sure wasn't "The Stand", but I liked it. They are trying to milk a couple seasons ot of this so called mini series I heard.

I note something of a trend in several of the responses: shows that have an interesting premise and do a nice job introducing some sort of mystery or conflict, then fall flat when it's time to start reveal secrets and/or resolve issues.

I'd call it the LOST Effect - recognizing the frustrations that many had (although I personally enjoyed that series all the way through).

This season of Dexter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom