shrader vs devito this year | Syracusefan.com

shrader vs devito this year

Devito’s an average college fb QB. Purdue’s a better team but illinois should have cake walked to the big west ‘ship.

Shrader didnt have an unstoppable rb this year.

vs FBS
YPG Shrader 207 Devito 188
Rating Shrader 148 Devito 137
YPA Shrader 8.3 Devito 6.8
TD Shrader 15 Devito 12
INT Shrader 6 Devito 4
Total TD Shrader 21 Devito 17
Total Yards per game Shrader 248 Devito 195
Thx for that. Kaiser promised on 9/1 that he would come back to the board
and lecture us about playing a tight end at qb but he never did. No doubt in
my mind we were better off with Shrader vs Tommy this year. Tommy just had
to be playing behind a better 0-line.

The system too. Tommy had to do very very little. He only avg'd 26.6 attempts per P5 game. And a lot of those were quick easy passes. There aren't many teams out there that run a system that just needs the QB to be a game manager. Most need the QB to be a playmaker. He was recruited here to be a difference maker.

The system too. Tommy had to do very very little. He only avg'd 26.6 attempts per P5 game. And a lot of those were quick easy passes. There aren't many teams out there that run a system that just needs the QB to be a game manager. Most need the QB to be a playmaker. He was recruited here to be a difference maker.
Exactly what I came here to say. I watched a bunch of Illinois games this year to see how Tommy did. He did what was asked of him & I imagine Illinois was happy with him. Just imagine how Shrader would have done with that Illinois oline and running back.

shrader had a good fitz day yesterday. some days he has it some days he just doesn't

devito is trent edwards. my attitude always was that shrader can't throw the ball and is still better than devito

Devito had the same type season he had in 2019 with us. The difference this year is he had the nations leading rusher and the #2 defense. All he had to do was be efficient and accurate when needed. It worked out for him. Im happy he gets to enjoy a bowl game and end his career on a good note. Shrader has another year with us.

3 out of 4 losses they gave up 23, 23, and 19 (gave up 31 in the other)

even game managers need to step up a little bit

4 losses with the second best defense in the country in yards per play. Crazy

Ugh, I hope not. I’d hate to lose that game. Not saying we would but they’d be a tough team to play if we can’t stop the run.
they will completely shut down the offense and they'll talk for 5 minutes about sweet revenge for a guy who makes all the same mistakes he did at syracuse and then no one will remember it

Curious.. who was sacked more?

Shrader's rushing ability pushed the YPG nicely.

Curious.. who was sacked more?

Shrader's rushing ability pushed the YPG nicely.
Shrader ate it alot which puffed up his ypa.

No good stats, college football is dumb about sacks

I would also worry a lot about going against that Illinois defense. Syracuse’s offense line against Illinois front four would not be good. Their defense is legitimate

They'd destroy us. They were the better team vs. Michigan last week, if the refs didn't gift wrap it for Michigan.

I thought Shrader was better last year there were no games like FSU and Wake where he carried us this season.

No TDs until the 4th Quarter last night isn't really a positive. Look at the opponent they lost to uconn.

Outgunned at Wake we go from a 2 possession lead late 2Q to down 4 possessions 3Q? How does that happen.

ND and FSU both home games he went backwards. Like period I think we lost yards on offense with him in there.

NC State was the biggest gift wrapped win imaginable with who they started at QB and Shrader single handedly kept them in it.

Of course there are going to be some positives but apart from Ville, Uconn, and Wagner I'm not sure there were enough. Plenty of upside as a 3rd year starter next year.

Has Illinois ever been good good at Football? I don't think so at least not in 50+ years. This is their best team since Juice Williams and might be better than those teams. I don't think its all because of Tommy but I bet they wish they had another year of him.

I thought Shrader was better last year there were no games like FSU and Wake where he carried us this season.

No TDs until the 4th Quarter last night isn't really a positive. Look at the opponent they lost to uconn.

Outgunned at Wake we go from a 2 possession lead late 2Q to down 4 possessions 3Q? How does that happen.

ND and FSU both home games he went backwards. Like period I think we lost yards on offense with him in there.

NC State was the biggest gift wrapped win imaginable with who they started at QB and Shrader single handedly kept them in it.

Of course there are going to be some positives but apart from Ville, Uconn, and Wagner I'm not sure there were enough. Plenty of upside as a 3rd year starter next year.

Has Illinois ever been good good at Football? I don't think so at least not in 50+ years. This is their best team since Juice Williams and might be better than those teams. I don't think its all because of Tommy but I bet they wish they had another year of him.
Not an all conference guy but he made strides in his passing. He was hurt during the middle part of the season. FSU game, he wasnt fully healthy and their DB's covered our Wr's like white on rice.

So now that Tommy has disproved all the posters here that stated he was not a good QB, the criticism of him has morphed to him just being a game manager. I remember when he replaced Dungey in a couple of games we were losing and helped us win by making big time plays.

He carried the team against Louisville, we crushed them because he was on all game, made a massive throw to beat Purdue. Played meh against Virginia, but made plays at end, and the offensive explosion yesterday in 4th was Shrader. I just hope we see a fully healthy Schrader in the bowl, he is close to unstoppable with his legs adding to passing game. I can't wait to see him have a big year next year. We saw Devito for three years... It sucked.

So now that Tommy has disproved all the posters here that stated he was not a good QB, the criticism of him has morphed to him just being a game manager. I remember when he replaced Dungey in a couple of games we were losing and helped us win by making big time plays.
I hope he had fun and I'm glad it worked out for everyone. Shrader was better. Devito could've stayed and backed up but more power to him.

29th vs 53rd in fbs pass rating

Does anyone know how Illinois fans feel about DeVito? Curious what they say and how big a factor they feel he was in their success this season.

His stats were better in 2019 vs this year. So this year proves 2019 wasn't his fault?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom