shrader vs devito this year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

shrader vs devito this year

So now that Tommy has disproved all the posters here that stated he was not a good QB, the criticism of him has morphed to him just being a game manager. I remember when he replaced Dungey in a couple of games we were losing and helped us win by making big time plays.
Be honest - how many Illinois football games did you watch?

Tommy is the exact same player he was here. He didn’t disprove squat.

I don’t know why people can’t be happy we have Shrader without trying to downplay someone else. Devito’s on a different team and in a different system now. Their new OC said before the season he believes in small ball, control the ball and control the clock. Strong running game and short passing game to keep the chains moving. Devito is doing what the team wants. It seems to be pretty successful. He has a great running back, but so did we at one time. He has a great defense but so did we at one time. You play the cards your dealt. Shrader, injuries aside, has had a great season. Much improved as a passer. But for Illinois Devito has had a great year too. Not as good as Shrader’s but still great.

In PFF for the season out of the 64 P5 teams

Shrader is graded # 7 as an all around QB (passing and running). Great for us.

Devito is graded #15 as an all around QB. Still pretty damn good out of 64 P5 teams. And he’s #1 in the B10.

Strictly as a passer PFF has Shrader at #8 and Devito #13. Congrats to both.

So yes Shrader has had a better season, great for us, but I don’t think Illinois is complaining either.
Every single pff grade makes me think you've subscribed to a random number generator

I don’t know why people can’t be happy we have Shrader without trying to downplay someone else. Devito’s on a different team and in a different system now. Their new OC said before the season he believes in small ball, control the ball and control the clock. Strong running game and short passing game to keep the chains moving. Devito is doing what the team wants. It seems to be pretty successful. He has a great running back, but so did we at one time. He has a great defense but so did we at one time. You play the cards your dealt. Shrader, injuries aside, has had a great season. Much improved as a passer. But for Illinois Devito has had a great year too. Not as good as Shrader’s but still great.

In PFF for the season out of the 64 P5 teams

Shrader is graded # 7 as an all around QB (passing and running). Great for us.

Devito is graded #15 as an all around QB. Still pretty damn good out of 64 P5 teams. And he’s #1 in the B10.

Strictly as a passer PFF has Shrader at #8 and Devito #13. Congrats to both.

So yes Shrader has had a better season, great for us, but I don’t think Illinois is complaining either.
Great #'s for both. 2 good QBs.

PFF is an excellent metric. They were both in a system that worked to their strengths.

So now that Tommy has disproved all the posters here that stated he was not a good QB, the criticism of him has morphed to him just being a game manager. I remember when he replaced Dungey in a couple of games we were losing and helped us win by making big time plays.
If you have to cite two relief appearances 4 years ago, doesn’t that tell you something.

Last edited:
If you have to site two relief appearances 4 years ago, doesn’t that tell you something.
Not to mention, he didn't spur a comeback against Florida St. He made some plays and helped maintain our lead that resulted in a W. The UNC was totally different, he was awesome and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I think his career here can best be characterized by his relief performance against ND that same year. Sadly, we saw far more ND-like performances than we did his UNC-like heroics.

Devito would have NO chance at doing what we almost did at Clemson. That is the difference. Shrader makes things happen and Devito couldn't.

Not to mention, he didn't spur a comeback against Florida St. He made some plays and helped maintain our lead that resulted in a W. The UNC was totally different, he was awesome and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I think his career here can best be characterized by his relief performance against ND that same year. Sadly, we saw far more ND-like performances than we did his UNC-like heroics.
And except for a dropped interception, almost snatched defeat from victory against North Carolina.

The best thing about Devito leaving was getting his father off the board.
He was pretty harmless and disciplined compared to other family members over the years

He was pretty harmless and disciplined compared to other family members over the years
He was by far the worst I've seen. He actually took shot at other players to make his son look good. TD's mother must be a saint because she raised a very nice kid in spite of her husband's efforts.

Last edited:
He had a lot get deleted. He was the absolute worst parent we ever had here. For the most part I know which parents post here and I can’t think of anyone close.
I feel like a lot of the more recent parents (past 10 years or so) have been pretty good (Alec’s dad / BCubs / etc.) TD’s dad was pretty terrible.

I remember Rutgers fans saying it when he signed with us - that we’d have to deal with his dad. I thought it was sour grapes…

You certainly had a way of bringing it out in them.
A hundred people talk about Tucker running out of bounds but when I say it about Damian Rhodes, his idiot dad wants to fight like a tough guy

I feel like a lot of the more recent parents (past 10 years or so) have been pretty good (Alec’s dad / BCubs / etc.) TD’s dad was pretty terrible.

I remember Rutgers fans saying it when he signed with us - that we’d have to deal with his dad. I thought it was sour grapes…
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

A hundred people talk about Tucker running out of bounds but when I say it about Damian Rhodes, his idiot dad wants to fight like a tough guy
He definitely wanted a piece of you. You gotta be careful how hard you come down on kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom