Si.com | Syracusefan.com

Si.com

cuseman404

2nd String
Reporting penn st making a big push for Greg schiano hahhahah I hope he takes it

He would be given immense resources at Penn State and would have no problem filling out a competent staff and keep their program and its recruiting at a high level

He would effectively kill Rutgers and Uconn and hamper BC

Should be interesting to see what affect it would have on SU

As an SU fan, I welcome Schiano to PSU. Enemy of my enemy type of thing. He would use all his NJ contacts and effectivly kill the RU pipeline. Fine by me. I welcome it actually.

Schiano to PSU, I am ok with that.

I really don't get why anyone wants him to take this job? Personally I would rather him stay nfl or go anywhere but north east. He has proven he can recruit and make a bad program reasonable. Penn st doesn't seem to have a terrible time recruiting as it is and we seem to go against them a good bit lately. With those two things plus a small tenure in the nfl he can sell kids on knowing what it takes to make it to nfl.

Last edited:
As an SU fan, I welcome Schiano to PSU. Enemy of my enemy type of thing. He would use all his NJ contacts and effectivly kill the RU pipeline. Fine by me. I welcome it actually.

Schiano to PSU, I am ok with that.
Also would hurt Pitt and to a lesser extent Temple too

Interesting times my friends

Lets finish strong!

Schiano is the last person I want at Penn St. He is a proven recruiter who will clean up at PSU. I'd rather see Munchuck or Roman in there and see how they pan out
Doesn't matter who goes there. They get any recruit they want from the northeast.

Doesn't matter who goes there. They get any recruit they want from the northeast.

Yes, but my hope is they make a bad hire in someone who isn't proven as a HC and they struggle on the field, which leads to a drop in recruiting. A couple 4-8, 5-7 seasons and you will see a drop off

guy cant coach- he can recruit but that only gets you so far-

i doubt ped state wants him - si has to keep some news going to get hits just like the sub standard

Yes, but my hope is they make a bad hire in someone who isn't proven as a HC and they struggle on the field, which leads to a drop in recruiting. A couple 4-8, 5-7 seasons and you will see a drop off
And Shady is that coach you just described. If he couldn't win in the Big East with all that talent he won't in the B1G.

And Shady is that coach you just described.

How so? He didn't set the world on fire at Rutgers, but he built Rutgers from literally nothing. With the amount of resources and players available to him at PSU he will have so much talent it will be impossible to lose.

How so? He didn't set the world on fire at Rutgers, but he built Rutgers from literally nothing. With the amount of resources and players available to him at PSU he will have so much talent it will be impossible to lose.

The Rutgers rise was merely a perfect storm ... Va Tech, Miami and BC leave the BE and Coach P is fired opening the door for him to snag the most important recruit in their programs history. If those two things don't happen whether he was at RU or not that program would still be in the toilet.

Rice gave them the season they needed to get momentum ... if you consider the talent he had at RU and the fact that he was only able to split his games with Marrone and based on what was on the Cuse roster it reinforces the fact the guy is just not a good head coach.

guy cant coach- he can recruit but that only gets you so far-

i doubt ped state wants him - si has to keep some news going to get hits just like the sub standard
SI.com is far from the only media outlet reporting this. NFL.com, CBS Sports, NJ.com, etc. all saying it. Guess they're all just trolling for hits. :rolleyes:

Are people really sweating Schiano to PSU? The guy is a terrible game day coach and his offenses at RU were bad year in and year out outside of the one big year with Rice. The guy couldn't even win a share of the BE title despite not having to deal with Miami, VaTech, BC etc. Him going to PSU would be great.

Are people really sweating Schiano to PSU? The guy is a terrible game day coach and his offenses at RU were bad year in and year out outside of the one big year with Rice. The guy couldn't even win a share of the BE title despite not having to deal with Miami, VaTech, BC etc. Him going to PSU would be great.
I totally agree

Bingo!

Not sure why guys are afraid of him being there. PSU always gets good recruits. They can only take 25. RU gets their recruits from Jersey and Florida. That is where Shady recruits. RU will be forced to look elsewhere for recruits. We arent recruiting Jersey anymore. Most of our targets with new staff seem to be from midwest and down the coast including Fl. Shady will recruit, then go 5-7 becuase he cant schedule Norfolk, Texas Southern, Hampton and Grambling and wont beat mich, osu, or mich st etc. Perfect storm.

The question/concern for me is not whether he's a good game day coach because SU won't be playing them yearly, but despite this fact he continued to recruit very well in NJ and NYC and will have the ability to skim the very best away from Syracuse. Despite what people say SU rebounds faster with the ability to last longer the quicker SU can do well in NJ and NYC.

Couldn't agree more. Schiano to PSU is about the best case scenario we can hope for.

The question/concern for me is not whether he's a good game day coach because SU won't be playing them yearly, but despite this fact he continued to recruit very well in NJ and NYC and will have the ability to skim the very best away from Syracuse. Despite what people say SU rebounds faster with the ability to last longer the quicker SU can do well in NJ and NYC.

Syracuse has been losing recruits to PSU for decades regardless of who the coach is or will be. We have also won some recruiting battles against PSU, not a ton and certainly not half but just because PSU offers one of our guys it isnt the kiss of death. Syracuse just needs to worry about winning in the ACC and bringing in kids from all over be it the midwest, Georgia, NYC, Florida, etc

IMO Shady's strength is recruiting, but he has consistently demonstrated that he's a lousy game day coach. Despite their high (over) ranked recruiting classes, RU never won a BE title under Schiano, and other than the Ray Rice era, never achieved more than mediocrity. Aside from his reputation as a disciplinarian, I don't see Schiano's coaching profile being a particularly good fit for Penn St. (who as others have pointed out, are going to dominate NE recruiting regardless).

I doubt they have the resources to hire him, but IMO a program like Temple would be a better fit in may regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom