Sidibe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sidibe

I gave this a like even though I have no idea what it means.

The urban dictionary is your friend. That's how this 43 year old keeps up with the young folks

Welcome to bizarro world. I have been defending Sidibe all year pointing to his rebounding efficiency. Now that he’s getting some praise I am the guy who’s disappointed that he managed to stay on the floor for 31 minutes and only grabbed 5 boards. And still collected 4 fouls that had him on the bench during the critical late game stretch.

Was excellent today. I’ve given him as much crap as anyone, but he made some timely baskets and is getting better.
And the hustle plays. A bunch of things that don’t show up in the box score but make a difference.

When he plays like he did vs ND; he is a difference-maker!!!

GoCuseOrangerise8tZprqjwi2Jn.gif

Welcome to bizarro world. I have been defending Sidibe all year pointing to his rebounding efficiency. Now that he’s getting some praise I am the guy who’s disappointed that he managed to stay on the floor for 31 minutes and only grabbed 5 boards. And still collected 4 fouls that had him on the bench during the critical late game stretch.

Fair, but I thought he made it tough on Mooney. last game Mooney just killed us finishing and getting boards. He had to work harder this game.

Marek, Sidibe and Guerrier competently putting the ball through the metal circle = defenses having to compensate, sag off the perimeter.

What happens when you give a team that shoots 36% from 3 more room to shoot?

You lose

I've got to believe that the coaching staff challenged him to play better, after his miserable performance against ND earlier this year, where Mooney ate him alive.

Kid responded -- agree with Consigliere that I want more than 5 rebounds. But if he can continue to be active, run the floor, and convert the easy ones, our team will be better for it.

Right now, he's averaging ~6 and 7. He's capable of improving the scoring. Who wouldn't have signed up for 7-8 ppg and 7 rpg at the beginning of the year? And he's starting to show more of a defensive presence than he was demonstrating earlier in the year. Good stuff.

Okay yeah other teams are going to start doubling Sidibe with Hughes Buddy and JG on the perimeter.

You seem to be taking my point to extremes, I must have missed where I said they would double him. if Sidibe is non-existent on offense they barely even have to pay him any attention, they can cheat out on shooters etc. If he scores a few early baskets and is even a moderate threat offensively, it takes that away. this isn't that hard, I didn't exactly say he was anthony Davis out there.

HUH? What it means is they have to be more careful how they cheat up on or double Hughes, Buddy and JG.
You seem to be taking my point to extremes, I must have missed where I said they would double him. if Sidibe is non-existent on offense they barely even have to pay him any attention, they can cheat out on shooters etc. If he scores a few early baskets and is even a moderate threat offensively, it takes that away. this isn't that hard, I didn't exactly say he was anthony Davis out there.
JB mentioned in the presser that teams "aren't paying much attention to Sidibe." That will continue.

Rooting for him. Is he playing hurt (or a chronic thing)?

JB mentioned in the presser that teams "aren't paying much attention to Sidibe." That will continue.
I heard that. It was in response to teams dropping off of him to double others. If he continues to score do you think other coaches won't notice that and still keep dropping off of him as much?

Very happy I just learned a new saying. Thanks... Sidibe??
Ive been chirping on this board for years for our bigs to develop a baby hook. If i can use it to win an NY Urban League championship than surely a D1 athlete can make it. And yes its one of my favorite quotes lol, from Forgetting Sarah Marshall FYI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom