Skipping Bowl Games really hurt the two RBs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Skipping Bowl Games really hurt the two RBs

All the teammates probably understand. As they want to make it to the NFL as well. I think they would like to see their teammates stay healthy, and get drafted. More than win the Pumpkin Bowl. Next man up. The RB that stepped in for Fournette looked great in the game. He actually got his name out there because of it.

You don't know that, like I said, Lsu had a a lot of guys who are getting drafted, who are all in the same position as he was, they played in the game, and weren't worried about it, Dalvin Cook laughed at the idea and said no way he would not play in his bowl game.

I love seeing Marrone's team choosing a one-dimensional running back with the #4 overall pick in 2017.

The Belk bowl may be meaningless to you or me, but they aren't to the fans, heck we would sign up right now for a Belk Bowl appearance next year, and it certainly isn't to the coaches and players.
Getting there matters and he helped them do that. Winning it does very little for the program and the risk outweighs the reward for the individual. Let me put it this way. Would you pay 15 million dollars for the chance to play in a. On playoff bowl game? Risk your whole NFL dream? I admire your passion and ideals but they arent practical in this case

Bowl games are the problem. People are upset that guys sat out meaningless games. Playing in the belk bowl or any other non playoff really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Most people like it for the extra practices at the end of the year.

True in part.

The large conferences and the media have tried very hard to minimize the college football post-season - other than the play-offs.

And that's a shame.

When your team is playing in a bowl game - any bowl game - it means something.

Playing in a bowl game gives the team a chance to finish the season with a win and affords the players and coaches a nice reward.

I love seeing Marrone's team choosing a one-dimensional running back with the #4 overall pick in 2017.

He is a pretty darn good player.

And, I have no reason to question either Marrone or Tom Coughlin.

Picked 4th and 8th. I expect to see it more and more as I said months ago.
Players want to be treated more like employees. Fine. Withhold the academic rewards for failure to perform.

He could have got hurt in game number 5, its football.
I wonder which side of the argument All American T/E Jake Butt sits on after tearing his ACL in the Orange Bowl? A projected first round guy before his injury, through 3 rounds, still hasn't been picked up now. Lost a lot of money. Maybe since he did "the right thing" his teammates he went to war with, or the university he helped bring in $$$ for will make up the money for him.

Last edited:
I genuinely hope that every player projected to go in the first 3 rounds next season, whose team is playing in the PayDayLoans.com Bowl or any other second tier bowl, sits out next season. Start getting all these stupid bowls to go away and force the NCAA into a 16 team playoff because no one wants to play in sh!tty bowls.

Or, maybe they could let the bowls give a payout to the winning team/reduced payout to the losing team.

strength : check
speed : check
competitive desire : incomplete.

i see it as a slap in the face to your school and team mates.

To everyone, the fans, the coaches you play for, the teammates you play with, college football fans, who want to see these guys play.

Coaches make business decisions for what's best for them and their families all the time. They leave their players behind all the time. I feel bad for the teammates but the coaches really don't have any business guilting anyone for doing what's best for them over the "team."

Playing any level of football - especially college football - means a lot.

Football is the ultimate team game.

When a player refuses to play a bowl game - to enhance his draft status - I'm sure it ruffles the feathers of teammates.

And, if you have played on a college football team - at any level - you understand that better than a fan who sits at home and watches the game on television.

I think that is what the post meant to convey.
Football is not anymore if a team game than hockey or soccer.

Skipping 1 game to focus on your professional career, and to avoid an untimely injury is a slap in the face of teammates, yet nobody has a problem with a kid entering the draft after his junior year, and missing 12 games in his senior year.

His teammates obviously have never been a team before.

Obviously you have never been on a team where someone was so close to making millions, and one blow to the knee in a meaningless scrimmage (which, by the way, is only being held to make everyone but you richer), could take that away.

Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for the bowl game system. They are not "rewards" for the players. Rewards are things you get for past service or achievement which do not require additional risk or investment.

Bowl games are merely boondoggles for boosters, fund raisers for for the schools, and places for school personnel and boosters to take their mistresses.

it's not the same. in any sport day one in camp you commit 100 % to winning every game that season . next year is not even on the table.

Players want to be treated more like employees. Fine. Withhold the academic rewards for failure to perform.

Ok. Then when certain teams dont do that and the best players all go there be sure to come on the board and cry about how unfair it is.

Obviously you have never been on a team where someone was so close to making millions, and one blow to the knee in a meaningless scrimmage (which, by the way, is only being held to make everyone but you richer), could take that away.

Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for the bowl game system. They are not "rewards" for the players. Rewards are things you get for past service or achievement which do not require additional risk or investment.

Bowl games are merely boondoggles for boosters, fund raisers for for the schools, and places for school personnel and boosters to take their mistresses.

Not sure why you quoted me. Clearly I agree with you

it's not the same. in any sport day one in camp you commit 100 % to winning every game that season . next year is not even on the table.
Tell that to the coaches who bolt before their big bowl game to take another job.

Then pay the damn kids!

I genuinely hope that every player projected to go in the first 3 rounds next season, whose team is playing in the PayDayLoans.com Bowl or any other second tier bowl, sits out next season. Start getting all these stupid bowls to go away and force the NCAA into a 16 team playoff because no one wants to play in sh!tty bowls.

Or, maybe they could let the bowls give a payout to the winning team/reduced payout to the losing team.
Way too many meaningless bowl games, just let all teams have extra practice time, and have a real playoff like the other football divisions do.

I wonder which side of the argument All American T/E Jake Butt sits on after tearing his ACL in the Orange Bowl? A projected first round guy before his injury, through 3 rounds, still hasn't been picked up now. Lost a lot of money. Maybe since he did "the right thing" his teammates he went to war with, or the university he helped bring in $$$ for will make up the money for him.

Injuries are a part of the game, the Washington kid got hurt during his pro day, you don't just skip games because you are worried about getting hurt.

Way too many meaningless bowl games, just let all teams have extra practice time, and have a real playoff like the other football divisions do.

Meaningless to you, not to the fans of that team, or the coaches or team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom