Slayton Replacement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Slayton Replacement

JUCO or 5th-year transfer.

Also, I think they're already grooming McKinley Williams to be the next disruptive force in the middle. If Black can gain 25-30 lbs., he could be a very good option too.
Great point...Williams is going to be a star. Now that he has added the necessary size and strength, he is getting valuable experience and seems to standout in every game thus far.

Just a shout-out to Kayton Samuels who has performed far above my expectations so far this season. He's been very noticeable.

Offense or Defense, McKinley Williams has suprised/impressed me the most with his improvements.

Samuels has been great along with Williams. Samuels transformation is why you don't write young kids off.

I think Slayton enters the draft and it’s obviously hard to replace a guy like Slayton. I’d expect us to try and find DT’s to close out the class; find a frosh and bring in a ready made JUCO.

Samuels is also a senior next year so you have to replace him now.

Curtis Harper is 6-2 300 and redshirting. Big33 game kid and good looking prospect

Shaq Grosvenor will enter his junior year. (not sure why they burned his shirt here but oh well.) Lots of upside with his game and he listed at 6-2 275

Josh Black – figure he’ll add some poundage this off season

Wildcards – Jake Pickard. Possibly he moves inside if he’s here next year.

Slayton is not one of the top 15 DT that would be in the draft so the best he could hope for is FA signing and we all know the odds of making the team then. Unless he has a crazy rest of the season he comes back and can hopefully improve his stock with a monster 5th year and get drafted in the middle rounds.

Shaq Grosvenor will enter his junior year. (not sure why they burned his shirt here but oh well.)
It was either burn his or Harper's, and they would rather throw a JUCO guy in there first.