Slow white guys | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Slow white guys

You don't watch much college basketball if you think he's a fraud. Lonzo could have had a better game, but without him UCLA doesn't sniff the top 10 this year. He is a very good guard. He can't choose his parents.

They don't sniff the top ten without Leaf either.

Agreed. But the fact that Lonzo can't guard anybody and will never get that push shot off in the NBA does mean he is NOT a special player. Great court vision and passing ability. I really hope he doesn't drop because I would hate to see him end up on the Knicks. Lonzo's top end potential is Ricky Rubio.
I have to say, I have been feeling the same way about Lonzo. I don't see him as a can't miss future superstar. I will probably end up wrong, and I am fine with that (I am married, I am used to it). With regard to his shot, the only way he gets that up is if he shows blow by ability, and some of these quick guards in the NBA just won't give him the space.

They don't sniff the top ten without Leaf either.

I'm not arguing against that. His post makes it seem that Lonzo is overrated. His father can be a jerk, but Lonzo is far from overrated. He's a better facilitator than the other 1s in the draft. De'Aaron is not a point guard. Dennis Smith isn't a point guard. He's cut from the Westbrook mold.

I'm not arguing against that. His post makes it seem that Lonzo is overrated. His father can be a jerk, but Lonzo is far from overrated. He's a better facilitator than the other 1s in the draft. De'Aaron is not a point guard. Dennis Smith isn't a point guard. He's cut from the Westbrook mold.
There might be a couple of teams in the NBA willing to take a chance on a Westbrook type of player.

There will be. Was just saying that Dennis Smith isn't a point guard. He's an undersized two guard.

Dude is such a bozo

Overall... Yes there are far more black athletes in basketball than white guys, I think we can agree on that. But the ones who are white and playing basketball are there for a reason. To say that's the reason they lost is just hilarious.

I mean... Couple of teams notorious for having tons of white players are Duke, Notre dame, and wisconsin... How many total elite 8s do they have the last 5 years?

Guy is a clown.

I think it would be amazing if whatever NBA team drafts Lonzo stonewalls Lavar and doesn't let him into practices, doesn't give him any prioritized access to the team, doesn't let him sit behind the bench, etc.

Cut from the Westbrook mold...the horror!

Surely you've noticed that many of the best point guards these days are not of your "classic point guard" mold? Curry, Westbrook, Kyrie, Harden, Thomas, Lillard, etc

I think it would be amazing if whatever NBA team drafts Lonzo stonewalls Lavar and doesn't let him into practices, doesn't give him any prioritized access to the team, doesn't let him sit behind the bench, etc.

That certainly should happen. He ain't nobody.

upload_2017-4-7_10-19-15.jpeg

I remember reading an article, (which I now cannot find on-line), in which Lavar Ball said that he had prepared his son to be a successful point guard by purposely putting him on teams as a youth where the other players were bad so he could learn how to make his teammates better, which is a point guard's job.

I didn't watch the entire UCLA-UK game but maybe 3/4th of it. I remember Lonzo really getting out played by Fox and having issues staying in front of him at all. Not the first guy to have that problem. It did make me question how good Lonzo Ball actually could be. I admit I was watching the game in passing and not really focusing on it so someone correct me if I'm wrong. If I were in camp Ball I wouldn't be talking about this game at all and bringing attention to it.

"You cannot win no championship with three white guys..."

That makes my brain hurt. Are we mistaken? Was he actually trying to say you need three white guys on the team to win a championship?

Cut from the Westbrook mold...the horror!

Surely you've noticed that many of the best point guards these days are not of your "classic point guard" mold? Curry, Westbrook, Kyrie, Harden, Thomas, Lillard, etc

Where did I say that was a bad thing? Don't assume or put words in my mouth.

if you added 'and one black guy' to the the thread title, you'd have a perfect description for my Friday night hoops run....

You don't watch much college basketball if you think he's a fraud. Lonzo could have had a better game, but without him UCLA doesn't sniff the top 10 this year. He is a very good guard. He can't choose his parents.

Fraud is probably the wrong word. I just don't think he will be worthy of a top 3 pick when all is said, and done. He's obviously good. Every top 3 pick was good in College.

But, I don't see a guy who is going to be a superstar in the NBA. I've watched him plenty as I'm a night owl.

Couldn't disagree more with your Lonzo assessment. Just because his father is a dope doesn't mean he isn't a special player.

That's fine. Time will tell when it comes to the NBA. He was great for a year in College.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom