Smoke may be rising: High Probability of Conference Call Early Morning | Syracusefan.com

Smoke may be rising: High Probability of Conference Call Early Morning

arbitragegls

All Conference
...been told agenda is expansion and realignment...appears there may be movement on Louisville...does not mean ND not a factor in near term...all i got.

No question, UL has the best athletic dept. of anyone available by far. The right choice for everyone.

UL will be voted in tomorrow morning. They missed the vote today by 1 vote. 8-3 I think.

If Louisville gets invited I hope they beat the ever-loving snot out of Florida State and Clemson over and over and over again.

Be careful what you wish for, football schools.

Gotta go for UL simply because they are a potential B12 candidate. Hope they stop there (for now).

I think it was Duke, UNC and one other. Maybe UVA ??

Good--.

I honestly feel bad for them. If it is L'ville only (it appears the ACC's top priority is to appease the FB schools and add the best athletic program - so it makes sense), UCONN is relegated to remaining in a conference that only has Temple as a Northeast schools besides them. YUCK.

If Louisville gets invited I hope they beat the ever-loving snot out of Florida State and Clemson over and over and over again.

Be careful what you wish for, football schools.

Didn't they just lose to SU and UConn?

They no doubt have positives, but they are in SEC country: isolated from the other schools, not along the coast, small market which they share with UK and rated 160 in US News.

They just confuse the ACC brand.

Finally, and most important, I doubt they move the TV payout or the desire of FSU to join the SEC if they get an invite.

ESPN now talking on Louisville to ACC...Andy Katz is spokesman...note...ESPN and Notre Dame discussions are heating up...Louisville is just phase one...

ESPN now talking on Louisville to ACC...Andy Katz is spokesman...note...ESPN and Notre Dame discussions are heating up...Louisville is just phase one...

What do you mean by "ESPN and Notre Dame discussions are heating up"?

Slightly OT: Who was the guy that let slip "we took who ESPN told us to" (or whatever it was)? I would think ESPN would be pushing very hard for UConn. I feel like ESPN isn't trying very hard to keep this together (like they did for the B12 after their raid).

What do you mean by "ESPN and Notre Dame discussions are heating up"?
Been told TV renegotiation is under way for the Notre Dame games...now will be opened also for Louisville...additonally, ESPN/NBC/ABC/Raycom talking about a ACC network (reported different thread) with Notre Dame as significant part---(cannot say anymore at this time)...