Sneakerhead Thread (the alliteration is stunning!) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sneakerhead Thread (the alliteration is stunning!)

B448469A-55AD-4515-9417-515D062F1CDB.jpeg

Good news: I found my Air Flight '89s (reissue I bought in the 00s).

Bad news: the white midsoles disintegrated when I put them on.

Good news: I found my Air Flight '89s (reissue I bought in the 00s).

Bad news: the white midsoles disintegrated when I put them on.
Yep, it happens!

Kids wearing Oscar the grouch on their feet?
Nike x CPFM (Cactus Plant Flea Market) Flea 1 "Overgrown" (usually referred to as the Grinch) - they're actually designed to have you cut/style them like hair... it's pretty wild

I've never got a win on Nike drop day, until today. Admittedly I've only entered like 8 times. Got the Orewood brown 3's. Had a bid on StockX for the Mocha's, for like a year a while back, and no one had any. These are the next closest to those.

CT8532_102

Beckett Simonon, Thursday Boot Company, and Olukai. In that order.
Nice, I like the Becketts although never heard of them. I ordered some conditioner kit from Thursday boot company for a pair of shrunken bison boots from Truman boot co. because they supposedly had the best stuff. I had no idea those were Olukai, obviously familiar with their sandals.

I bought a pair of Nike's like those, I'll call them flat sneakers?? Sucks because I really like the looks of them, but those flat ones hurt my feet. My feet are probably spoiled by a lifetime of air soles and foam, etc.

Nice, I like the Becketts although never heard of them. I ordered some conditioner kit from Thursday boot company for a pair of shrunken bison boots from Truman boot co. because they supposedly had the best stuff. I had no idea those were Olukai, obviously familiar with their sandals.

I bought a pair of Nike's like those, I'll call them flat sneakers?? Sucks because I really like the looks of them, but those flat ones hurt my feet. My feet are probably spoiled by a lifetime of air soles and foam, etc.
The Thursday boot co pair killed my feet the first time I wore them. That leather don’t stretch at all, so I learned to tie them loosely. The olukai fit like a glove and we’re comfortable from the jump. Same with the Beckett. They actually came with a note from the 10-yr old who made them for me….

I ordered a pair of Air Max 90s off the Nike website…..and they sent me one damn shoe. They didn’t even include any paper or slip for returns.

I don’t have time for this, smh.

First off, we’re cancelling all boot discussion on this thread… can’t happen, won’t happen;).

I finally added a pair of Jordan 1 Lost & Found to the collection! I sold a couple of pairs to make to the purchase, but I’ve been traveling so much since July I haven’t been able to un-DS them, can’t wait to take them for a spin!

I've never got a win on Nike drop day, until today. Admittedly I've only entered like 8 times. Got the Orewood brown 3's. Had a bid on StockX for the Mocha's, for like a year a while back, and no one had any. These are the next closest to those.

CT8532_102
Nice pickup! If you’re into these & into the Jordan 1 Mocha’s, keep an eye out for the Jordan 1 Palomino’s in early Sept., they’re a definite cop for me for sure…
IMG_8450.jpeg

Just spent up and got the high top golf jordan 1s in the original color. Now i'm looking at them and wondering if i'll ever wear them on the golf course

Nice pickup! If you’re into these & into the Jordan 1 Mocha’s, keep an eye out for the Jordan 1 Palomino’s in early Sept., they’re a definite cop for me for sure…
View attachment 229849
Yeah I don't think I'd wear 1's anymore. I had the very first 1's when they came out originally. There's no way I'm going to consider them comfortable enough now a days

Yeah I don't think I'd wear 1's anymore. I had the very first 1's when they came out originally. There's no way I'm going to consider them comfortable enough now a days
Yeah, just feels like there’s nothing under your foot and the ground.

On the plus side you can stop on a dime when you don’t even mean to and get that good old basketball sneaker squeak in a grocery store or something. Traction is nuts! Shoe companies should be obligated to put that same outsole on every basketball sneaker, forever.

Just received my Nike By You Air Max 1’s this week… I love choosing my own materials & colors on one of my all time favorite silhouettes. Very pleased with how these turned out!

1695595421033.jpeg
1695595651565.jpeg
1695595710502.jpeg

Just received my Nike By You Air Max 1’s this week… I love choosing my own materials & colors on one of my all time favorite silhouettes. Very pleased with how these turned out!

View attachment 231584View attachment 231585View attachment 231587
Probably 8 or so years ago I Nike ID’d(I liked that name better) some Air Max 1’s. Navy blue, all suede, with a gum buttom.

Basically I recreated these (which I couldn’t find anywhere), but with an all suede upper. Wish I could do it again as mine are pretty much worn out, but doesn’t seem like they have the necessary options?

th

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2023%2F09%2Fnike-book-1-announcement-release-date-1.jpg

The Book 1 that Devin had on last night. Great for a Syracuse game day outfit IMO.
Book 1’s have been an interesting addition to the performance basketball world. One thing that’s interesting/entertaining is that Booker has been wearing a few pairs that have colorways modeled after some other classic sneakers

Edit: he did a “Shattered Backboard” pair based on the Jordan 1’s
IMG_9600.jpeg
IMG_9601.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online