Snowmageddon 2017 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Snowmageddon 2017

Suckers...

One of my snow bird buddies emailed me to say it was 33 degrees C (91 F) in Phoenix over the weekend. It's getting too hot to golf, so he's making ready to come home. :D

One of my snow bird buddies emailed me to say it was 33 degrees C (91 F) in Phoenix over the weekend. It's getting too hot to golf, so he's making ready to come home. :D
Omg that isn't hot...

Omg that isn't hot...

I get that. Around here, though, everyone starts getting testy as soon as it starts getting into the mid 80's. It doesn't make it over 90 very often, and then not for very long. I don't think there were 3 days like that last summer. And of course at 3500 ft, it stings a little more.

Can someone tell me what the snowfall for the day was as of when tipoff would have been, please? I dont live around there, so I'm actually asking, not calling anyone Nancies or questioning their logic or anything. I reserve that right, though. lol

Can someone tell me what the snowfall for the day was as of when tipoff would have been, please? I dont live around there, so I'm actually asking, not calling anyone Nancies or questioning their logic or anything. I reserve that right, though. lol

Depends on where you're at in cny. Around 12-18 with more coming. Plus several counties banned all travel.

Lucy-Peanuts-Angry-in-the-Snow.gif

Depends on where you're at in cny. Around 12-18 with more coming. Plus several counties banned all travel.

Yikes, I suppose there is no shame in the postponement then. When is the snow supposed to end tomorrow?

and lol, you said "banned". I do have to chuckle at the ever-reaching governement banning, and banning, and banning some more. That post about police "risking their lives" to arrest people for traveling was hilarious. I couldn't tell if it was real, or joking.

Winter hit St. Pete today...temps dropping from 70 down to low 60s during the day. Brrrr

Just got done. 2 hours to snowblow it usually takes 45 minutes. We're pushing 20 inches and it's a heck of lot heavier than I thought it would be. Not sure where the water content came from its 24 degrees out.

Just got done. 2 hours to snowblow it usually takes 45 minutes. We're pushing 20 inches and it's a heck of lot heavier than I thought it would be. Not sure where the water content came from its 24 degrees out.

Dry fluffy pow pow up here. Going to be some excellent riding in the mountains the next couple days as long as the wind doesn't go too nuts.

14" by 7:00 p.m. today about 12 blocks from the Dome. Most side streets unplowed, postponement was probably the right move, though it would've been memorable to attend.

according to TV it was 11.5 at the airport between 6 and 6:30

too bad the flakes were so small most of the event.

Dry fluffy pow pow up here. Going to be some excellent riding in the mountains the next couple days as long as the wind doesn't go too nuts.

Mount Snow has 17$ lift tickets on Friday. I'm playing hooky, might pull my kiddo out of school for it to.

Mount Snow has 17$ lift tickets on Friday. I'm playing hooky, might pull my kiddo out of school for it to.

I'll be at Mount snow this weekend. I'll be the guy watching the games at cuzzins sulking in the corner in my syracuse Hoodie.

Mount Ellen at sugarbush is the same. Have to do it. Kid has missed too much school already this year unfortunately.

according to TV it was 11.5 at the airport between 6 and 6:30

Those airport numbers are always wrong IMO. I could have 12 inches at my house and they say 4 and it's like 3 miles away SMH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom