So are we back to a rebuild project? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So are we back to a rebuild project?

Good lord, can we at least lose to Louisville first?

Newsflash. Today was always a loss. So was FSU, so was Clemson.

Louisville, NC State, Duke all in the Dome. All are much worse than ND, and might be worse than Maryland judging by what they did at Indiana today.

BC and Pitt don't seem to like winning at home anymore either.

I grew up around buckeye football, can't believe how much negativity we face. I'm all orange, but it's a long climb to go...

Feels that way if we want to compete on a regular basis. We took a serious step backwards this year somehow. There is no game left this year that is a definite win. It feels like we have moved backwards and not sure how next year we are significantly better.
This is ND not Akron

Louisville, NC State, Duke all in the Dome. All are much worse than ND, and might be worse than Maryland judging by what they did at Indiana today.

Today was a loss if ND played really well. They tried to give us the game over and over and we did absolutely nothing with it. Imagine what the score would be if ND didn't turn the ball over a crap load of times.

NCstate is worse than Maryland? They almost beat FSU. MD would have no chance to do that.

Lol. Go to bed. We'll be favored in half those games. Jesus Christ AZ
Which ones exactly? Ville in the dome? BC-Pitt on the road? Come on.

Today was a loss if ND played really well. They tried to give us the game over and over and we did absolutely nothing with it. Imagine what the score would be if ND didn't turn the ball over a crap load of times.

NCstate is worse than Maryland? They almost beat FSU. MD would have no chance to do that.
I swear people don't actually watch other teams play. Good post.

qdawgg said:
Today was a loss if ND played really well. They tried to give us the game over and over and we did absolutely nothing with it. Imagine what the score would be if ND didn't turn the ball over a crap load of times. NCstate is worse than Maryland? They almost beat FSU. MD would have no chance to do that.

How can you know that? I bet if FSU played at College Park today it would have been a similar result. Score 56, but give up 41. FSU's defense is not playing well right now.

ND has better players, a better staff. They were sloppy early, but eventually got it together.

Nothing you're seeing should be all that surprising.

Which ones exactly? Ville in the dome? BC-Pitt on the road? Come on.
Yes and yes ya knucklehead. God, you're better than this. Were all tremendously disappointed but we'll win half those games you listed. No doubt. News flash, those teams blow too!!

newsflash: if those are all losses, than we suck

dasher said:
Boston College. Pitt. N.C. State, the ville.

I disagree. Did you see what NCST did with FSU today? We lose that game by 30+ in the dome.

BC has proven it can win a signature game with USC

Pitt will likely beat us flat out. It may be a closer game but I don't believe we win.

L'ville - meh, too little too late.

AZOrange said:
I swear people don't actually watch other teams play. Good post.

I agree. I don't think any of you guys actually watch other teams play.

Yes and yes ya knucklehead. God, you're better than this. Were all tremendously disappointed but we'll win half those games you listed. No doubt. News flash, those teams blow too!!
Look, I never bet against SU, but for sure we will be sub 500 in those 4 (Ville, BC and NC state are losses IMO)

Look, I never bet against SU, but for sure we will be sub 500 in those 4 (Ville, BC and NC state are losses IMO)
No chance we lose Friday night IMO. WAKE FOREST BEAT UP UL TODAY. WAKE.FOREST.

What about BC, Pitt, ‘Ville, or Wake impressed you today?
I look overall. BC can play. Pitt beat BC. NC st is good. Ville is up and down but certainly enought to beat cuse. Our win there will be Pitt.

Out of curiosity: Why not?

I see CMU as a practice game. Obviously you have to show up and play the game but just because you play well in that game isn't any indication how you will play against "real" competition. To me it's like a boxer who runs his record up, fighting in his home state, against inferior opponents. Then he faces a real fighter, sometimes with a mediocre record and realizes he can't do the same things against the seasoned boxer. CMU to me has no bearing on anything. Villanova and MD are both decent teams, we played very poorly against both of them. ND was probably a loss but you can at least be competitive when the other team turns the ball over, again and again. We literally have done almost nothing, especially on ST's and offensively against any team that is of decent talent. Those are the important games. CMU is a practice opponent only. It means nothing to what the talent is between the players or the staff.

No chance we lose Friday night IMO. WAKE FOREST BEAT UP UL TODAY. WAKE.FOREST.
Maybe I should add wake to our list too. We "beat up" Maryland too and lost by 3 scores.

Maybe I should add wake to our list too. We "beat up" Maryland too and lost by 3 scores.
So you're going on record with 2-10? Gotcha. Sounds very plausible. Lol

Why do people have such a morbid fascination with declaring things over? The game, the season...it's friggin' narcissistic. You guys just want to feel like big men who told everyone we suck, it's over, etc.

So weird.

Maybe we'll just play the last 8 games on the schedule and see what happens?

So you're going on record with 2-10? Gotcha. Sounds very plausible. Lol
Where did I say that exactly? I have said I think we beat Pitt. I think we beat wake. I'm 50/50 on duke. I will go with 4 wins.

Here's the deal... None of those other teams are stellar. Can we potentially win? Absolutely. But they are better than we are right now. They can in the very least... score. We can't and when we do it's an absolute struggle. We go into every single offensive drive never thinking we will score. Seriously. All of those other teams can at least score when being given chances. They don't score like ND, FSU, or Clemson. But they at least score. That doesn't even account for our ST's which is terrible right now too. 2 of the 3 phases of the game, we are terrible at.

Again, those other teams aren't world beaters, they aren't great teams, but they are at least better than us. They are at least mediocre. We haven't shown in any game this year against "equal" talent that we are at least mediocre.

This team right now, feels to me like the SU team that went to UConn and lost to Edsall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom