So, Funderburk Could Play in 2012? | Syracusefan.com

So, Funderburk Could Play in 2012?

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
If the NCAA grants his waiver request in light of what occurred at Arkansas?

Is that right?

I can't believe that a waiver would be granted since it would, perhaps, open the floodgates following every coaching change.

We can hope.

They should be allowed to leave the school if the coach leaves and play right away. The coach can go coach coach right away, but not the kid?

They should be allowed to leave the school if the coach leaves and play right away. The coach can go coach coach right away, but not the kid?
I think a coach being fired for misconduct is unusual.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think a coach being fired for misconduct is unusual.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
I think situations like that, and the coach leaving before his contract is up/being fired should be grounds for transferring without sitting.

They argue that you are committing to the school, not to the head coach. And there's the gray area of the assistant coach who was the primary recruiter, that could be who the relationship is built with. Or the position coach. So what if one of them leaves, or is fired. I think areas like that are why it's a black and white rule.

Now, if a coach is fired for gross misconduct, and it's clear that's why he was fired, could that be a loophole? Who knows. But it really doesn't happen that often, so if the waiver is specifically written that way, and there's sufficient documentation of the reason for firing, I don't think it would open the floodgates.

What would stop the entire team from following the coach to whatever new school he was going to? With scholarships renewed each year, an incoming coach could clean house to make room. Someone with a returning title contender could effectively put them up for auction.

I think situations like that, and the coach leaving before his contract is up/being fired should be grounds for transferring without sitting.
If being banned from the postseason allows you to transfer in basketball without sitting out a year, I think losing your coach is on that level.

What would stop the entire team from following the coach to whatever new school he was going to? With scholarships renewed each year, an incoming coach could clean house to make room. Someone with a returning title contender could effectively put them up for auction.
Simple, make it so they can't transfer to the school the coach goes to. Not that many kids would leave to begin with, many of them do commit to the school or buy in once they are there.

it also helps that he also RS a year. he could argue the coach leaving really costs him 2 years..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom