So how does JB fix this? | Syracusefan.com

So how does JB fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be much worse than last year... how does that happen when everyone returns? Is Frank Howard the difference between good and horrendous?

Stop letting our squad play games on NBA courts. Everyone took NBA range threes. Just terrible.

He needs to get the shooters 'right.' Shooters know the way to do this is how Battle started looking for his mid range shot late in this game. Work your way from the basket out and the confidence will grow and the shots will drop.

But I have no idea how to get the defense going again. Too lazy, pushed around too easily, terrible instincts. It's all bad.

JB is a hall of fame coach, by far the greatest coach in any sport at SU and a legend. That said hes nearly 75 years old and great tourney runs every other year have masked what have been pretty average to mediocre regular seasons. Were all diehard SU fans but we've gotten in the tournament the last few times by the skin of our teeth and our offense last year and now this year has looked as bad as any JB team I can remember. Were starting to get into that weird area in a hall of fame's last few years where things slip ie Paterno, Bowden, Olsen etc. While this year will certainly have its moments I'm not sure some major turn around is coming.

The defense we’ve been playing of “slap ‘n btch” is just ridiculous
I love jimmy and have a feeling from his presser last night he’s frustrated as hell right now and still figuring out what to do with this team
I’m confident he’ll figure it out but the lack of emotion is glaring. Everyone clamoring for frank has to realize he’s like lower energy then everyone else. But frank CAN run an offense

He’s done it before and I still believe this team wins games this year.
The hard part is already done, which is capturing the teams attention and toning down the ego's.
They now have tape to remind them they are not the warriors. Oshae and Tyus may need to watch the tape a few times, and if they learn from it, I think we will be a much better team very soon.

Stop letting our squad play games on NBA courts. Everyone took NBA range threes. Just terrible.

I'm surprised this point wasn't talked about after the Yukon game. Not only are we taking way too many threes but our players weren't identifying the white line. Neither of our opponent's players had that issue. Plus someone needs to have a long talk with OB about this stretch four thing and shooting 9 threes in a game. That's about six too many.

I'm surprised this point wasn't talked about after the Yukon game. Not only are we taking way too many threes but our players weren't identifying the white line. Neither of our opponent's players had that issue. Plus someone needs to have a long talk with OB about this stretch four thing and shooting 9 threes in a game. That's about six too many.

9 3’s from your power forward. I really miss the way basketball used to be played. Jacking 3’s has jumped the shark. Nobody has any offensive game with the ball in their hands anymore. That play is discouraged(see media reports on Carmelo the last 5 years). Nobody has any footwork or moves other than that stupid James Harden eurostep.

well win some games. it'll get better. but, this is going on five years now of a team that just isn't pleasant to watch. im not sure what our strategy is besides mucking up the game and try to claw out a win. who would actually watch this team if it wasn't syracuse?

9 3’s from your power forward. I really miss the way basketball used to be played. Jacking 3’s has jumped the shark. Nobody has any offensive game with the ball in their hands anymore. That play is discouraged(see media reports on Carmelo the last 5 years). Nobody has any footwork or moves other than that stupid James Harden eurostep.

Best play I saw tonight was the Carey drive to the right of the lane resulting in a kickout to the corner for a three. Need more of that.

He needs to get the team to play with more intensity. this going through the motions crap we've seen isn't going to cut it. Zero effort.

I hate the way they slow play the ball up on the press as well. No intensity as you say. No urgency. Let's get them off their heals a bit if possible.

Guys need to stop auditioning and start playing team ball. They need to be All in for the name on the front of the jersey

This is not a TEAM right now. It’s a collection of good individual talent, but they don’t look like a team in any way, shape or form. Oshae didn’t show up at all. Just chucking ridiculous shots from the outside and not playing in the paint at all. Definitely seems to be auditioning for the NBA. Tyus barely showed up and looks like he has little fire in him, shooting ill-advised 3s and not driving, and complaining to the refs about calls constantly. There’s no offensive flow, no spacing, no ball movement. And even the defense was bad. Frank’s return will help with offensive flow, but this team has a lot of hard work ahead of it and some real soul-searching to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom