So how many of the 900 did you attend? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So how many of the 900 did you attend?

A little under 300, I think. Half the home games from '83-'84 through the early or mid '90s; nearly every home game from about 1995 to 2001. Some from 2002 to 2010. Every home game except for Canisius and Princeton these past three seasons, along with West Virginia, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova, and St. John's on the road and three NCAA games in the past couple years.

125-17 record since 1997; would take some searching to figure out wins and losses before that.

The good news: I have every ticket stub of every sporting event I have ever attended. I may have lost one or two along the way due to drunken stupidity, but it's close to 99%.

The bad news: I dont have the time to separate the SU men's basketball ticket stubs from the other pro and college football games, major and minor league lacrosse, various other college basketball games I have attended. Let alone the time to separate them into wins and losses. It will be a cool project for retirement...in 30 years.

I have the same habit; will be fun to sort through that box some day. Could be a good project.

I live two doors down from Roosevelt Bouie and Louie Orr their freshman year and played intramural softball with Marty Byrnes. I was there at the beginning of the Boeheim era in Manley with the rubber floor, as opposed to the dirt. Saw Georgetown close Manley, one of the bitterest defeats of that era. I've seen more games in Manley than the Dome. Was part of the Manley Zoo and later the Kennel Club at the other end of the court.

Wasn't the dirt floor still in place for part of Rosie and Louis's tenure? Thought they renovated and put down the rubber surface during the summer of '78.

I guess I could do the math, but my first year at SU was JB's first year as HC. Didn't miss a game in my years as an undergrad or my 3 years as a grad student. After moving to NJ, made it up to Syracuse for several games a year, and saw every game in the NJ/NYC/CT area. Now in MA, I see all CT/Prov/Boston games.

Just calculated it out using passport, my record while I was a student (08-12) was 59-11. Heading in on Saturday for my first game of this year, will hopefully make it 60.

How on earth can you add a "smiley face" next to Newtown. SMH, as the kids say.

Poor choice on my part. I've been out of sorts lately. It was meant in love and support, not "I'm happy". I have a lot of friends in Newtown who are hurting and they need all the love, support and prayers we can muster right now. I am heading up there over Christmas to see some of them.

I live two doors down from Roosevelt Bouie and Louie Orr their freshman year and played intramural softball with Marty Byrnes. I was there at the beginning of the Boeheim era in Manley with the rubber floor, as opposed to the dirt. Saw Georgetown close Manley, one of the bitterest defeats of that era. I've seen more games in Manley than the Dome. Was part of the Manley Zoo and later the Kennel Club at the other end of the court.

No doubt we've seen many of the same games. I saw all of those too. The zoo was really something back then...

Been a season ticket holder since 1980 when the dome opened. (Section 312 and upgraded to section 105 in 2001) and attended around 95% of them. It would be more but I used to play basketball in a rec league on Mondays so I could only attend Monday games when ours were at 6:00pm. Probably went to around 5 games each season in Manley from about 1973 to 1979. I've attended every NIT game and all the NCAA games in the dome except if it conflicted with an SU NCAA game. Never have been to the BET unfortunately. Have only attended about 3 away games and gone to 4 of SU NCAA's post season appearances. Too lazy to figure a good estimate.

This is an excellent question, will spend tomorrow figuring this out. Guessing around 150-200

Some big ones:
Auburn 03 in Alb
Oklahoma 03 in Alb
Pitt 03 Three Rushing of JB's Court game
00 19-0
ND 03 Gmac 3 in the corner
Gtown where McNabb played, fell in the lane
GTech 03 The beatdown
Arizona 95 Beat Mighty Mouse D. Stoudomire

Couple I wish had gotten Jimmy to 900 quicker:
Louisville 10 Big Crowd for a good team
Nova 06 Gmacs Last Game

Every home game since 1976, a handfull of road games ,the Big East Tourney, most of the NCAA and NIT games.​

somewhere around 30 games starting in 1985. All were home games with the exception of 2 games at BC in the early 2000's. Only post season were 2003 1st/2nd round NCAA.

Just calculated it out using passport, my record while I was a student (08-12) was 59-11. Heading in on Saturday for my first game of this year, will hopefully make it 60.

Given the football and basketball seasons we suffered through during your freshman year, it's remarkable that you're such an enthusiastic fan.

Edit: No, I read those numbers wrong. Was thinking of '07-'08.

Given the football and basketball seasons we suffered through during your freshman year, it's remarkable that you're such an enthusiastic fan.

Edit: No, I read those numbers wrong. Was thinking of '07-'08.
BK dodged a bullet. We lost a lot of soldiers that year...

BK dodged a bullet. We lost a lot of soldiers that year...

The 2005-2008 period probably cost us a lot, students and young local kids alike. I'm struck by how many people here are in the 28-32 age range. If we'd come up with those NIT appearances and horrible football teams - rather than great basketball and the 1992 football season (forgetting for a second our follow-up year and the consecutive blowouts to West Virginia and Miami) - I wonder how many of us would have become such die-hards?

The 2005-2008 period probably cost us a lot, students and young local kids alike. I'm struck by how many people here are in the 28-32 age range. If we'd come up with those NIT appearances and horrible football teams - rather than great basketball and the 1992 football season (forgetting for a second our follow-up year and the consecutive blowouts to West Virginia and Miami) - I wonder how many of us would have become such die-hards?

Definitely. There were way more good football fans from the 2013 class than my class, and more from 2014 than them. It's getting better. Basketball support has been excellent every year since I started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From 1972-1979 I never missed a home game. Loved the ZOO also. Had Manley season tickets!!! Then moved to NY area, and all the St. John's, then Seton Hall, Rutgers, Villanova, NIT, Big East, other Garden games (Coaches V Cancer etc), 1984 Regional in the Meadowlands, Hall of Fame in Springfield, a couple at Providence, San Diego this year. I have to say for someone not from Syracuse, probably at least 100 of the 900. Maybe more. That is a hard number to guestimate, cause have to weed out the loses from the wins.

Sad, sad, sad, no longer in NY area, and gonna miss the game tomorrow, and all of my friends from the area who I would be going to the game with and pregamming at Stout or the Blarney Stone with.

Every home game since 1976, a handfull of road games ,the Big East Tourney, most of the NCAA and NIT games.​
My 1st tickets were '76 also but I only went to the Big East Tourney 10 times and I never traveled for the NIT and went to 7 road games other than NCAA. It's alot of games anyway. I had great seats at Manley. 9th row 40 yardline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom