So... I think it's going to be us and Nova in the East | Syracusefan.com

So... I think it's going to be us and Nova in the East

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Not sure who will be seeded 1 and 2, not sure it even really matters, but at this point us and Nova in the East looks like a clear no brainer, yeah?

Look at the top 10 - lot of teams lost this week. Bodes well for the us and the body of work argument.

Not sure who will be seeded 1 and 2, not sure it even really matters, but at this point us and Nova in the East looks like a clear no brainer, yeah?

Look at the top 10 - lot of teams lost this week. Bodes well for the us and the body of work argument.
Can't say it's a no brainer at all. Duke or UVA could definitely end up as the 1 or 2 in the East depending on what happens in Greensboro this week.

How far is Memphis from Virginia ? Not sure it matters if virg gets NYC or Memphis

Disagree. Duke's ceiling is a two seed and that's if they win the ACC Tourney. They have SEVEN losses, for crying out loud. We have four.

Virginia is more likely to get a two seed in the south than a one seed in the east. And for them to move us out of the East, they'd have to win the ACC tourney while we'd have to drop our game on Friday, which ain't happening.

Last edited:
What has nova done this year that deserves a one seed? They beat Kansas in nov, other than that their resume s pretty unimpressive.

Can't say it's a no brainer at all. Duke or UVA could definitely end up as the 1 or 2 in the East depending on what happens in Greensboro this week.
Duke's out of that discussion. Today's loss hurt Virginia's case a lot.

Disagree. Duke's ceiling is a two seed and that's if the win the ACC Tourney. They have SEVEN losses, for crying out loud. We have four.

Virginia is more likely to get a two seed in the south than a one seed in the east. And for them to move us out of the East, they'd have to win the ACC tourney while we'd have to drop our game on Friday, which ain't happening.
That's what I'm saying.

What has nova done this year that deserves a one seed? They beat Kansas in nov, other than that their resume s pretty unimpressive.
They've only lost three times. I think that matters.

Duke's out of that discussion. Today's loss hurt Virginia's case a lot.
You said it's "us and Nova in the East". If Duke wins the ACCt and we lose on Saturday, I can't imagine us being a higher seed than them.

goodroc said:
How far is Memphis from Virginia ? Not sure it matters if virg gets NYC or Memphis
. Edit further than I thought.

Yep, I think it's a good story if it holds and the great "penalty" for being the last one seed is to get Syracuse as the 2 at msg.

Big question is, what do we have to do to hold it. 3 wins gives us a 2 or 1 in the east. 2 wins should get us a 2 in the east. 1 win or less and we are at the mercy of the committee.

I agree. We have 4 losses. Duke has 7. Kansas has 8. Uva has 6. Nova has one less loss then us playing in a weaker conference and we beat them head to head. Put Nova as the 1 in the East. But I think that we get the 2.

If I was a betting man I'd go Duke- Nova. Were heading west. Sorry to all who have purchased MSG tickets already. (As an aside, I don't bet because I suck at it, so props to you who have purchased MSG tickets!) ;)

Not a no brainer -- but with what happened Saturday and Sunday we clearly control our own destiny now wrt MSG.

Yep, I think it's a good story if it holds and the great "penalty" for being the last one seed is to get Syracuse as the 2 at msg.

Big question is, what do we have to do to hold it. 3 wins gives us a 2 or 1 in the east. 2 wins should get us a 2 in the east. 1 win or less and we are at the mercy of the committee.
The problem is, if UVA gets the 1 in the East, we can't be in the East.

I think we will be seeded higher than Duke because I don't think they win the ACCt.

Our only obstacle to the 1 or 2 in the East right would be UVA.

The problem is, if UVA gets the 1 in the East, we can't be in the East.

I think we will be seeded higher than Duke because I don't think they win the ACCt.

Our only obstacle to the 1 or 2 in the East right would be UVA.

Uva lost their chance to get a one seed today.

Best part of story is Philly is 2 hours from NYC and Syracuse is 4 and 1/2 if this happens everyone will yell and scream that we played 4 home games.

If we win ACC tourney we're getting east 1. Nova won't get it over us, they beat Kansas and that's about it. Plus we spanked them at the dome. We control our own destiny for east 1.

Not if they beat us to win the ACCt. I'd give them the one seed if that happens. A two loss conference record in a power conference is enough for a one seed ANY year.

Hope you're right. If you are, it will be us or Nova as the 1/2 in the East unless Duke runs the table. But if UVA wins the ACCt who would get a 1 over them? Even if Nova got the 1 in the East and UVA won the ACCt, they'd most likely be the 2 there, which means we would'nt be there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom