So... I think it's going to be us and Nova in the East | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So... I think it's going to be us and Nova in the East

Palm says ACC fans (that's us now) think they have a birthright to a 1-seed but none of the the top three are deserving. UVA killed by weak OOC and that no team with two bad losses has ever gotten a 1 seed - both Duke and SU have two bad losses.
Meh. It's not like anyone has laid claim to that last one seed with any authority, as of right now. The end of the regular season pretty much ended with a wimper. Lots of losing in the Top 10.

Palm says ACC fans (that's us now) think they have a birthright to a 1-seed but none of the the top three are deserving. UVA killed by weak OOC and that no team with two bad losses has ever gotten a 1 seed - both Duke and SU have two bad losses. Everyone still seems to be missing the fact that @Duke is the only loss this year you could argue we were at full strength.
I'm not sure that is what he said. I think he said that ACC fans think that the ACC champ has a birthright to a #1 and this year the ACC does not have a worthy champ (UVA). Same thing happened last year when Miami, the ACC Reg Season and Tourney champs were the 2 seed in the East.

Duke has SEVEN losses, including one against us, and four teams we beat. They are about a four seed. If they get higher than that after we beat them Saturday the committee is a joke.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Duke's seeding as nothing to do with this. Only one of UVa, Duke or Syracuse can be placed in the East region due to how they finished in the ACC standings. Seeding doesn't play into it.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Duke's seeding as nothing to do with this. Only one of UVa, Duke or Syracuse can be placed in the East region due to how they finished in the ACC standings. Seeding doesn't play into it.

So if we are a two seed, and Duke is a four, you think Duke will get the east? Seeding is going to play into it. If we finish higher than them, which we should imo, we will get region preference over them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom