So if Sean Tucker | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

012446EF-58A8-4DE9-BCE8-5779CF18A0BF.gif

Does this one work better, visually. I used to have difficulty with this kind of thing until I got my cataracts done.
View attachment 207904
Still difficult to read on mobile. The letters don’t have enough contrast to stand out individually.

The University should capitalize on when/if they give 44 to him.

Make sure there is video of presentation of the number to him, video of the prior 44’s saying congrats, screen video of the roster being edited from 34 to 44.

Not only should it be done, but it should be done right.

Make sure there is video of presentation of the number to him, video of the prior 44’s saying congrats, screen video of the roster being edited from 34 to 44.

I'll just be happy if they spell Tucker correctly.

I think based on nothing that all roads lead to Clemson game. I would be shocked if he doesn’t start next year as 44.

Offer the number in the week after he passes 1,000 and make that the standard.

Giving it to him for the Clemson game creates too much pressure and makes him a target for the best defense we'll face and could backfire.
So he's not a target now?

I'm not worried about the possibility that ither teams would focus on him. They're already doing that. I just wouldn't want him to try to do more than he's supposed to due to the hype of getting it before a big game.

I think based on nothing that all roads lead to Clemson game. I would be shocked if he doesn’t start next year as 44.

If the university doesn't give Tucker 44, I don't see them giving 44 to anybody. He's better than any running back I've ever seen at Syracuse (granted I'm 30)

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback. I will check into this. Since I use my IPad for most of these types of things, I don’t work on my postings from mobile.

I think If we do it, we do need to discuss with past 44's just like Babers said. We can't move away from that, especially after Dino said it. We typically retire jerseys not numbers, but in this case we retired the number. Probably shouldn't have been done in the first place but that's another discussion. Its in bad taste if you don't discuss it with them first, I mean we retired your numbers but. This is the legend of 44 and the last thing you want to do is bring on anything negative about it.

I think it gets done. I'm sure the previous 44's will understand and get on board with it. Let them be part of the process in giving it to him and honor them at the same time. Why not bring on more attention regarding it. You don't want it to fade away. Make it more visible. Let it help in recruiting any way it can. We need all the help we can get in that area and these previous players want to help the program be as good as it can be as well.

Tucker as a RB is interesting to me. When we signed him I wasn't all that excited about him, he looked solid but nothing really seemed to pop out on his film. He must have had a bad OL his senior year. As a senior, he rushed for 1,204 yards and 14 touchdowns. but I remember thinking if he only average like just over 5 ypc his senior year (Pretty sure that is what it was) how good can he be? He was like 7.2 ypc his junior year.

He is just very solid in every attribute for a running back. He seems to be a good quiet leader. He's got to be mature and fairly smart as he started as a true freshmen. He has really good speed but not excellent breakaway speed. He is pretty powerful but not ridiculously so. He isn't plowing over people but he is VERY hard to tackle. An arm tackle definitely doesn't do it because he has a low center of gravity and powerful thick legs. He can cut really well but they are not huge Barry Sanders types of jump cuts. He just has the right timing and perfect angle to everything he does. The first guy always misses. He has amazing patients and vision and that is what really sets him apart. He knows where and when to make the cuts and turn on the boost. He is just super effective and efficient. He doesn't ever make any negative yardage plays and never takes a big loss. Always squeaks out an extra yard or two. As a back I think of him as a similar player to Emmitt Smith. Watching him I didn't often think wow that was just amazing! He just had amazing patience and vision, was hard to tackle and was just really solid in every other RB attribute. He also has a similar build at 5'-10 and 210 lbs to Emmitt Smith. Emmitt was 5'-9" and 215 lbs.

Last edited:
Tucker as a RB is interesting to me. When we signed him I wasn't all that excited about him, he looked solid but nothing really seemed to pop out on his film. He must have had a bad OL his senior year. As a senior, he rushed for 1,204 yards and 14 touchdowns. but I remember thinking if he only average like just over 5 ypc his senior year (Pretty sure that is what it was) how good can he be? He was like 7.2 ypc his junior year.

He is just very solid in every attribute for a running back. He seems to be a good quiet leader. He's got to be mature and fairly smart as he started as a true freshmen. He has really good speed but not excellent breakaway speed. He is pretty powerful but not ridiculously so. He isn't plowing over people but he is VERY hard to tackle. An arm tackle definitely doesn't do it because he has a low center of gravity and powerful thick legs. He can cut really well but they are not huge Barry Sanders types of jump cuts. He just has the right timing and perfect angle to everything he does. The first guy always misses. He has amazing patients and vision and that is what really sets him apart. He knows where and when to make the cuts and turn on the boost. He is just super effective and efficient. He doesn't ever make any negative yardage plays and never takes a big loss. Always squeaks out an extra yard or two. As a back I think of him as a similar player to Emmitt Smith. Watching him I didn't often think wow that was just amazing! He just had amazing patience and vision, was hard to tackle and was just really solid in every other RB attribute. He also has a similar build at 5'-10 and 210 lbs to Emmitt Smith. Emmitt was 5'-9" and 215 lbs.
I think that's a good summary. We need to be careful about revisionist history though. I think he's a mature guy but that had little, if anything, to do with him starting. He really only beat out one guy for the job last year. Two others opted out and the starter got injured. What we don't know is if he would have eventually won the job, regardless. I think he ended up being better than anyone could have anticipated and played so well last year that it was his job to lose this year. I'm glad. He's the kind of player that is easy to root for.

I think If we do it, we do need to discuss with past 44's just like Babers said. We can't move away from that, especially after Dino said it. We typically retire jerseys not numbers, but in this case we retired the number. Probably shouldn't have been done in the first place but that's another discussion. Its in bad taste if you don't discuss it with them first, I mean we retired your numbers but. This is the legend of 44 and the last thing you want to do is bring on anything negative about it.

I think it gets done. I'm sure the previous 44's will understand and get on board with it. Let them be part of the process in giving it to him and honor them at the same time. Why not bring on more attention regarding it. You don't want it to fade away. Make it more visible. Let it help in recruiting any way it can. We need all the help we can get in that area and these previous players want to help the program be as good as it can be as well.
Fair enough. Here's the discussion I would have with the past 44s: "We appreciate your accomplishments and what you mean to SU. It is for this reason we are having this discussion with you. We are going to give Sean Tucker #44. Thanks for your continued support."

If we don’t bring back 44, the QB should wear the #4, and the RB should wear #41, so at least when they stand next to each other it looks like 44!

Depends on what the company's demographics are. Fans who remember the MacPherson days, sure. On the other hand, I was 12 the last time someone wore 44 and frankly couldn't care less.
i guess you were not a history major ---

i guess you were not a history major ---

Once you're a fan of the team, you should adopt it's whole history, not just since you were around.

I became a Mets fan in the mid 80's because I enjoyed their broadcasting crew and suddenly they got good. I was a Pirates fan in 1969. But now 1969 is the golden year and I love reading about it. Right now I'm reading a Tom Seaver biography, even thought I didn't grow up rooting for him. .

Well, the home uni combo of W-O-W, would seem to preclude any #44 fireworks for the Wake game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom