So if Sean Tucker | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

That was my thought whatever happened to him? Flash in the pan?

He didn’t get drafted, bounced around a little as a UDFA, and then?….

I dunno.

just checked - CFL.

Isn’t #44 retired? If so bringing it out of retirement would be kind of, I don’t know, Bush league IMO. #34 is similar, and if he is utilized properly he has every reason in the world to stay here; P5 team, quality education, and he will be the big fish in a relatively small pond compared to anywhere else that offers the same. I believe he will play in the NFL and he will get plenty of exposure here in the ACC.

Isn’t #44 retired? If so bringing it out of retirement would be kind of, I don’t know, Bush league IMO. #34 is similar, and if he is utilized properly he has every reason in the world to stay here; P5 team, quality education, and he will be the big fish in a relatively small pond compared to anywhere else that offers the same. I believe he will play in the NFL and he will get plenty of exposure here in the ACC.
Uhhhhhh there's 10 pages prior to your post that discusses your initial question. Did you happen to notice that the Jersey isn't hanging from the rafters anymore? There's a big 44 painted on the wall but no more jersey hanging. Similar to 'Syracuse Stadium' quietly showing up all over instead of Carrier Dome, I think this was done VERY intentionally. Also don't think the admin would be allowing all this talk from the players about Tucker being considered. If it was a hard retirement, they would say so and stop all the nonsense.

Uhhhhhh there's 10 pages prior to your post that discusses your initial question. Did you happen to notice that the Jersey isn't hanging from the rafters anymore? There's a big 44 painted on the wall but no more jersey hanging. Similar to 'Syracuse Stadium' quietly showing up all over instead of Carrier Dome, I think this was done VERY intentionally. Also don't think the admin would be allowing all this talk from the players about Tucker being considered. If it was a hard retirement, they would say so and stop all the nonsense.
What’s a “hard retirement”? It either is or it isn’t.

I defer to Brett Favre.
That’s fair, and I suppose it is possible. Though in my humble opinion, it is undignified. I know it’s a different sport but you would never see, the New York Yankees, for example, do something like that.

What’s a “hard retirement”? It either is or it isn’t.
I thought the context was pretty clear. If it's a 'hard retirement' there is no chance of it ever being in circulation again. For instance... Datsun cars, Black-face, Magna factories in syracuse.

Soft Retirements: Chevy Blazer, Joe Gibbs, Motley Crue

That’s fair, and I suppose it is possible. Though in my humble opinion, it is undignified. I know it’s a different sport but you would never see, the New York Yankees, for example, do something like that.

You would have never seen the New York Yankees retire the #44 in the manner with which we did it.

It was a cheap promotional stunt from a brand new AD looking to sell tickets to a football program that his direct hire was murdering.

View attachment 206465
Posted this on his story today.
1632238875465.gif

I could see a long video being made where Tucker speaks to Brown and Floyd's wife etc. Rob Konrad and others.

I could see a long video being made where Tucker speaks to Brown and Floyd's wife etc. Rob Konrad and others.

I hope it's done in a way where it's a surprise to the fans. If it's made into a social media spectacle it'll dull the impact IMO.

I hope it's done in a way where it's a surprise to the fans. If it's made into a social media spectacle it'll dull the impact IMO.

Right my assumption would be there's no leaks and boom, video is out and it's announced.

This is going to come off wrong but in today’s day and age, you constantly need to keep recruiting players, even after they join program. He’s clearly a great player and schools will try an poach him indirectly and say that he has more money and opportunity elsewhere. If he wants #44 and it more closely ties him to Syracuse then I say give it to him. Great player and great kid, should take opportunity to enjoy it while he is here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom