So if Sean Tucker | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

So if Sean Tucker

I’m terrified that we are going to lose this kid to a SEC school….

We need to give him the 44 to show him how significant he is to this program
Why would a guy take a chance on losing his starting job by transferring when he's gettng national recognition now. Alabama and Georgia aren't seeking him out and any SEC schools that would be interested don't guarantee more recognition. Let's not be paranoid and crazy.

This is so stupid. 44 should go to the best back on the football team when the staff has a belief they have a reasonable chance to be really good. If you were born the year Rob Konrad last wore it, you'd be 23 years old now. We are respecting it into irrelevance.

To me the biggest danger isn't that a Mandel Robinson gets it for a few seasons (no offense Mandel! but he didn't have a storied SU career) but that a Sean Tucker won't get it.

This is so stupid. 44 should go to the best back on the football team when the staff has a belief they have a reasonable chance to be really good. If you were born the year Rob Konrad last wore it, you'd be 23 years old now. We are respecting it into irrelevance.

To me the biggest danger isn't that a Mandel Robinson gets it for a few seasons (no offense Mandel! but he didn't have a storied SU career) but that a Sean Tucker won't get it.
Totally agree. The longer it goes unused the more irrelevant it gets. And if Tucker doesn’t get the number next year, when he has said he wants it, then that’s the last time I give a fluck about 44.

I had to give it a stab in Photoshop. Not pretty but the number looks right
E_lMUPkXIAUM61A.png

It doesn't matter how many yards he gets or TD's he scores. According to Wildhack it's just not time.
You don't do it in the middle of the season. You do it after he wins the Doak Walker and the Heisman hype is there. You unveil it at the start of the year and sell out the home opener because people want to see it.

You don't do it in the middle of the season. You do it after he wins the Doak Walker and the Heisman hype is there. You unveil it at the start of the year and sell out the home opener because people want to see it.
And, it better be accompanied by a ton of Heisman hype from the school.

So if he doesn’t win the walker then he doesn’t get it?

Yup, exactly. That is the smart business move.

Honestly at this point they’re gonna have to retire #34 eventually if they don’t give him #44. It’s unlikely we see any NY6 bowls in the next two seasons or so, and I have no idea how he’ll be in the NFL (I suspect he’ll be great), but if we’re judging on single regular season stats alone, when all is said and done, this could be the best SU RB of all time. Think we’re witnessing SU history.

How did you come to that conclusion from my post?
“You do it after he wins the doak walker and the heisman hype is there.” You explicitly said after he wins the award and going into next season you give the jersey. It’s not a lock for him to win the Doak. As the post is worded it sounds like it’s advocating waiting and seeing just like wildhack is. All I know is that he is having his breakout season right now, not in the future, right now. The hype is there now to give it to him. If they announced last week that he was going to get 44 against BC it would probably be a sellout. I don’t see any reason to wait till next year to capitalize on a thing that’s happening rn

I’m terrified that we are going to lose this kid to a SEC school….

We need to give him the 44 to show him how significant he is to this program
I think it would be in his best interest to stay. He is killing it here and will be in the NFL because of it.

For the most part, I nearly always agree with your takes. Not here though. He’s leading the country in rushing, now, he’s having the season he’s having, now. As a program, you should’ve capitalized on that, now.

I understand the concept of next year and the build up. I just don’t agree with it, too many unknowns.

It won’t be a reason for selling out a home opener, because we won’t sell out the home opener in 2022. And if he doesn’t have the same type of season, it’s a letdown. And god forbid anything else were to occur.

I believe we missed a really good opportunity this year. But sure, can’t wait to see it next year.

Last edited:
For the most part, I nearly always agree with your takes. Not here though. He’s leading the country in rushing, now, he’s having the season he’s having, now. As a program, you should’ve capitalized on that, now.

I understand the concept of next year and the build up. I just don’t agree with it, too many unknowns.

It won’t be a reason for selling out a home opener, because we won’t sell out the home opener in 2022. And if he doesn’t have the same type of season, it’s a letdown. And god forbid anything else were to occur.

I believe we missed a really good opportunity this year. But sure, can’t wait to see it next year.
Yeah, I remember the hype for Walter Reyes after he nearly broke Joe Morris's record his junior year. Then he ended up being injured as a senior. There's no guarantees. Strike while the iron is hot. It needed to be done by midseason, WF or Clemson, if it was going to be done this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom