So inconsistent... | Syracusefan.com

So inconsistent...

Hoov50

Starter
When we are playing well we can play and beat ANYONE. When we are playing poorly we can lose to ANYONE. The issue is we only do either of them for 12-15 minute stretches. Against a good team 12-15 minutes of playing like the best team in the country may not be enough.

Yet we've only lost 5 times in the last 55 games so I kind of disagree with the second part of the equation. CAN we lose to anyone? Of course, anyone can. DO we lose when we play poorly? Not that often the past few years.

I don't think we were this inconsistent last year. We had games when we played poorly in certain aspects of the game, but i never thought poorly in all aspects of the game. This year we have had stretches when we play poorly in all aspects of the game. Granted, at least so far, those stretches have been followed up by very good stretches of play.

When we are playing well we can play and beat ANYONE. When we are playing poorly we can lose to ANYONE. The issue is we only do either of them for 12-15 minute stretches. Against a good team 12-15 minutes of playing like the best team in the country may not be enough.
Said 150 teams

Except their is one thing consistent about this team. The defense is there every night.

Except their is one thing consistent about this team. The defense is there every night.

I'm not sure the 37 alley oops Detroit had against us would support that theory.

You can respectfully disagree, but even Kenpom says our defense is better than last year so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom