So is it Safe to Assume with JB making the public statement he did | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So is it Safe to Assume with JB making the public statement he did

If this is true Jb lost the whole team. In the past with kids having to sit a year and with Hop disasters like this were avoided. This is very bad. You dont have
Bras
Griff
Frank
Kadary
Woody
All leave unless something is seriously wrong. Jim lost his team. You cant overcome something like this and the AD cant turn a blind eye to it. Unmitigated disaster.

Looks like there will be more...kinda suprised JB put something out there that quick. Hot in the kitchen?

its gonna be hilarious if chaz owens transfers

hmmm...lets see 2-3 more transfers? woody, frank and ?

marek, ag and quincy going pro?

will be a wild ride in the portal pound town...

i cant believe people are uttering these sentences. humans are such an emotional, knee jerk , blow it up thatll solve everything animal. be happy and thankful for what jb built here there would be no syracuse basketball without him. be very careful what you wish for a dynasty like his will likely never be witnessed again.

A dynasty?!? We have won exactly 1 title in his 45 years. We are not 60's-70's UCLA, or Duke, or UNC. We are an excellent program (until the last 6-7 years) but we are not, and never have been, a dynasty.

Looks like there will be more...kinda suprised JB put something out there that quick. Hot in the kitchen?

I trust the people here over Matty Charts

Have the people here that you trust said there isn't anymore transfers coming? Wasn't sure if I missed something.
I do not believe so but I was just saying in general about things involving “sources”

My bad if it came off rude haha it was not intended to be, there’s been enough of that today

Looks like there were a lot of unhappy campers on this team this year. May have stayed mostly hidden due to the covid protocols keeping these kids isolated and the media away from them. Poor job by the coaching staff in not defusing this and creating a better atmosphere. Still, the only real losses are Richmond and Woody if he bolts and that's based on his potential. Q and MD are different in that they are not transferring but seeking pro play for pay opportunities. Maybe this will light a fire under JB to recruit to fill all these vacancies. Because IMO his effort in recruiting has declined 80% from where it once was years ago.

I think he felt that he needed to save face today, which is why he made the statement. No matter how & how hard people here try to spin it, Kadary leaving (and his subsequent comments) is a bad look for the program

I think he felt that he needed to save face today, which is why he made the statement. No matter how & how hard people here try to spin it, Kadary leaving (and his subsequent comments) is a bad look for the program
Probably someone else told him he needed to save face.

Nobody else is leaving. It's Kadary, Braswell, JBA.

He didn't say anything mention Marek and his extra year option, or Bourama. Didn't even mention Quincy who is testing maybe he might be coming back.

So Woody takes Braswell minutes, Griffin takes Kadary minutes.

No way JB would make a statement if more guys were leaving.
I’ll root for whoever wants to wear the uniform for Syracuse University

A dynasty?!? We have won exactly 1 title in his 45 years. We are not 60's-70's UCLA, or Duke, or UNC. We are an excellent program (until the last 6-7 years) but we are not, and never have been, a dynasty.
Lmao. The man built a phenomenal program and gave close to 50 years of his life to it. If you want to argue against dynasty fine. But seriously? We’re Keith smart, fab and onuaku away from maybe having another title or two and every year we were at least competitive. If JB’s replacement isn’t coach k, this board will completely implode.

Lmao. The man built a phenomenal program and gave close to 50 years of his life to it. If you want to argue against dynasty fine. But seriously? We’re Keith smart, fab and onuaku away from maybe having another title or two and every year we were at least competitive. If JB’s replacement isn’t coach k, this board will completely implode.

You can also argue we're close to zero titles if Hak doesn't make that block. It cuts both ways.

All I said is, we're not a dynasty. I also said we're an excellent program. My quibble was with the use of the word "dynasty." That was all.

I don't think anyone is expecting Duke like results. People (myself included) are sick of the mediocrity and constant life on the bubble. Frustration is boiling over and the exodus of players is cause for concern.

You can also argue we're close to zero titles if Hak doesn't make that block. It cuts both ways.

All I said is, we're not a dynasty. I also said we're an excellent program. My quibble was with the use of the word "dynasty." That was all.

I don't think anyone is expecting Duke like results. People (myself included) are sick of the mediocrity and constant life on the bubble. Frustration is boiling over and the exodus of players is cause for concern.
This is an interesting point though. You’re sick of mediocrity and I don’t think any of us are exactly living life on the bubble. Yet anything other than JB is seen as an excuse. We’ll see I guess. Everyone is so anxious for him to retire but there’s a very real chance that JB is our only connection to what our former identity was.

Ask Maryland fans who couldn’t wait to get rid of gary Williams how things are working out with Turgeon, who was a big name hire at the time. He’s been fine, but not exactly killing things. one sweet 16 since 2011. I mean it’s just not a given. JB hasn’t been great the past 6-7 years but there are other factors we may be contending with here, IMO.

He has to say something.

Hes in the process of driving away the entire roster so he can bring his other kid in to play 40 mins per night.

We've never lost a player like Kadary to transfer. Its not over.

If you were transfering why would you annouce today and be overshadowed by Kadary?

This is an interesting point though. You’re sick of mediocrity and I don’t think any of us are exactly living life on the bubble. Yet anything other than JB is seen as an excuse. We’ll see I guess. Everyone is so anxious for him to retire but there’s a very real chance that JB is our only connection to what our former identity was.

Ask Maryland fans who couldn’t wait to get rid of gary Williams how things are working out with Turgeon, who was a big name hire at the time. He’s been fine, but not exactly killing things. one sweet 16 since 2011. I mean it’s just not a given. JB hasn’t been great the past 6-7 years but there are other factors we may be contending with here, IMO.

Agree with you, there is no way to know if we'll be better/worse off after JB. But I think its a pretty safe bet we're not going to get any better with him at the helm. I'd prefer to roll the dice and find a replacement sooner rather than later, than be mired in this constant state of mediocrity. The man is 76. It's not like he has 10 more seasons in him. Although at this point, nothing should surprise me!

If this is true Jb lost the whole team. In the past with kids having to sit a year and with Hop disasters like this were avoided. This is very bad. You dont have
Bras
Griff
Frank
Kadary
Woody
All leave unless something is seriously wrong. Jim lost his team. You cant overcome something like this and the AD cant turn a blind eye to it. Unmitigated disaster.
The AD is going to do nothing as JB doubles down and brings in his other kid to play 35/night.

I'm not sure he'll even get JB to step down when Buddy leaves. JB will keep pushing for one more year and then quit midseason so Gerry or Red get the job and we are put int he position of firng them without giving them a chance.

The way things are now, JB has a floor, and it’s a floor many programs would be thrilled to have. He also appears to have a ceiling, because we’re not nearly as deep and talented as we were even 6-7 years ago.

There’s a very good chance the bottom falls out when JB leaves. I’m not necessarily eager to roll those dice. We have great facilities, a great brand, and a great fanbase, so we’ll have multiple shots to get a HC hire right. But it’ll be difficult, it always is.

All that being said, the JB experience has been exhausting in recent years.

The AD is going to do nothing as JB doubles down and brings in his other kid to play 35/night.

I'm not sure he'll even get JB to step down when Buddy leaves. JB will keep pushing for one more year and then quit midseason so Gerry or Red get the job and we are put int he position of firng them without giving them a chance.
If I’m Wildhack I tell JB this next season will be his last. Have him bring Jimmy Jr in as a transfer and Buddy play his last year. They can all go out in a blaze of glory the first Saturday in March. One glorious send off.

It’s time to begin planning for the next era of Syracuse basketball.

That’s already long gone though.

The question now is, can we do better than 19-14 and hoping for an 11 seed every year? Because that’s what we’ve been for a long time
That’s already long gone though.

The question now is, can we do better than 19-14 and hoping for an 11 seed every year? Because that’s what we’ve been for a long time.
Awwww man remember that time before kadary announced his transfer and you all saw the world melting. We were all optimistic and agreed covid and missing practices and (losing sidibe) greatly hindered this season. So explain to me how 19-14 was this teams cieling. Without those factors lol. Jb already said the statement isnt true the best man will start and as a coach thats the way it should be. There are no guarantees you gotta work for it. Thats life and if your mad and wanna leave because of those perimeters then so be it. Everyone is so spoiled and selfish these days. Your all acting like a sweet 16yr old mad they got an acura instead of a Lamborghini .

Last edited:
Awwww man remember that time before kadary announced his transfer and you all saw the world melting. We were all optimistic and agreed covid and missing practices and (losing sidibe) greatly hindered this season. So explain to me how 19-14 was this teams cieling. Without those factors lol. Jb already said the statement isnt true the best man will start and as a coach thats the way it should be. There are no guarantees you gotta work for it. Thats life and if your mad and wanna leave because of those perimeters then so be it. Everyone is so spoiled and selfish these days. Your all acting like a sweet 16yr old mad they got an acura instead of a Lamborghini .
This team’s ceiling was much higher...if they used Kadary properly. COVID, lol. Yeah, we’re the only team out there affected by that!

Yeah, expecting a team to play its best players the most is just too much.

Last edited:

As a fan of SU and also Arsenal in the English Premier League, I can't help seeing the parallels between the two teams. Both led by long time coaches, with stellar careers and much success. Arsenal are further along the arc than SU is, but if you want to see what happened after they kicked the legendary coach out, it is a cautionary tale.

The grass isn't always greener on the the other side, despite it looking that way from a distance. Don't ever think that things can't get worse, because they very much can.

If I’m Wildhack I tell JB this next season will be his last. Have him bring Jimmy Jr in as a transfer and Buddy play his last year. They can all go out in a blaze of glory the first Saturday in March. One glorious send off.

It’s time to begin planning for the next era of Syracuse basketball.

no chance. We don’t even know his contract right? It will all align w Hopkins coming back and hopefully mike has a good season to justify it.

I think the problem that you guys are forgetting is that this is the new way of College athletics.

this is likely going to happen almost every year on now with the transfer rules likely to be super relaxed.

Not saying JB isn’t at fault here but this is the reality of the college game now. There is absolutely nothing to tie the kids to a school.