So...Is tonight the night? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So...Is tonight the night?

Whoa there padre. We have a frigging choice whether to be glass half empty or not.

This is not a dang pom pom club. We're not singing to Sandra Dee at a sleep over.

Fought too many battles with the pollyannas over the years to just let a newbie P waltz in and declare it niceville.

Everyone is setting up their 'told you so case'. including you pollys. And when their case is not proven; polly or not they will be like a turkey sandwich in hobo town.

SWC has made a career posting on both sides. He is no serial one-dimensional poster.

Come Duke, we'll all know sure enough. And I promise you, whomever's opinion is proven wrong will not be tripping over themselves to apologize to the board. Nor should they.
I'm not sure what half of this post actually means, but I'm not saying it should be a "pom pom site". But it is a fan site, so we should save the negativity for after the first loss or after a poor game... Not 3 hours prior to tipoff. I don't feel there should be threads asking if this is the night we break the undefeated streak and get handed our first loss. But that's my opinion.

Sorry my low post count doesn't warrant credible input to a discussion on a message board. I'll take my "newbie" self and go back to lurking.

Vorony said:
I'm not sure what half of this post actually means, but I'm not saying it should be a "pom pom site". But it is a fan site, so we should save the negativity for after the first loss or after a poor game... Not 3 hours prior to tipoff. I don't feel there should be threads asking if this is the night we break the undefeated streak and get handed our first loss. But that's my opinion. Sorry my low post count doesn't warrant credible input to a discussion on a message board. I'll take my "newbie" self and go back to lurking.
I agree with your explanation. And keep being yourself.

I used to think SWC was a good poster.

Come on, Albanycuse. You've been around a long time. SWC posts a "Why we will win" and "Why we will lose" before each football game. I prefer the "Why we will lose" posts. For the same reason that I like to hear the best arguments of people with whom I disagree.

AccuRater said:
Come on, Albanycuse. You've been around a long time. SWC posts a "Why we will win" and "Why we will lose" before each football game. I prefer the "Why we will lose" posts. For the same reason that I like to hear the best arguments of people with whom I disagree.
Yes sir , I have to be honest I never liked his why we lose posts : )

I'm not sure what half of this post actually means,
That's actually quite funny.

But it is a fan site, so we should save the negativity for after the first loss or after a poor game... Not 3 hours prior to tipoff. I don't feel there should be threads asking if this is the night we break the undefeated streak and get handed our first loss. But that's my opinion.

It is your opinion. Bring it, and bring it strong. But don't be surprised when people disagree with you. Not that you are. And, not that you asked, but my opinion is that as this is an internet message board, it should be open for all ideas. When people suggest that we should "post this way" (or you're not a good fan - which is the next thought half the time), it irks me.

And, we've had battles about this philosophy on this board and parent sites for approaching two decades now. In my opinion, it is one of the biggest wastes of time on this board, and even worse, in the chat room.

Again, IMO, if you don't like something, comment about it, or skip it (works best). But to suggest someone shouldn't post, or shouldn't post a certain way because of what you feel fandom is something that has always bugged me. We all have different viewpoints and approaches, and are often posting within a certain context. If someone takes the time to apply some logic to their post, and has the guts to defend it with evidence, then it should warrant a discussion (if the topic is of interest), not be dismissed.

Sorry my low post count doesn't warrant credible input to a discussion on a message board. I'll take my "newbie" self and go back to lurking.

Please don't. We need fresh blood, and I can tell you have some serious chops.

And, again, it wasn't the night.

We can have this discussion all over again on Saturday. I hope we ado it again on Monday. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom