So...Is tonight the night? | Syracusefan.com

So...Is tonight the night?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Wake is undefeated at home.

They nearly upset Kansas on the road.

They blew out #2 Miami at home last year when they aren't as good as they are now.

They are close to having 5 double-figure scorers.

They have one of the the conference's best rebounders in Devin Thomas and only turn the ball over 12 times a game.

Tyler Cavanaugh would love to beat his hometown team while former teammate poor DaJuan Coleman will have to watch it on TV.

We have been surviving, not dominating.

Those bad stretches are going to catch up to us

"Up Next: Duke" is probably on their bulletin board.

20-0 going into Duke is too good to be true.

Last edited:
w1yq1m.jpg

Why do you keep posting this nonsense before every game? Just so you can come back and say you had a feeling tonight was the night? Be a fan and post "Is tonight the night we match our best start in school history?" Or "is tonight the night we take down a true ACC team at their home arena, where they're tough to beat?" Way too negative. We have a big game in 2 hours. Go Orange!!

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE.

You people are terrible.

YES YES YES YES

Oh, I just read the post, and not just the title. I assumed you were asking if I was going to get lucky.

But no, I don't think we're going to lose.

I don't think we lose this game. I've been worried about a few matchups but not this one. Was more nervous about Pitt at home.

I used to think SWC was a good poster.

He still is. Nowhere did he say we were going to lose. He simply listed some some tidbits about the game/matchup. It's up to you to draw a conclusion.

Lawrinson14 said:
He still is. Nowhere did he say we were going to lose. He simply listed some some tidbits about the game/matchup. It's up to you to draw a conclusion.

I know how he worded it and i still think its not cool to post things like this just before each game.

I do not like thread titles that make me think of Rod Stewart.

That being said...the zone will prevail.

Why do you keep posting this nonsense before every game? Just so you can come back and say you had a feeling tonight was the night? Be a fan and post "Is tonight the night we match our best start in school history?" Or "is tonight the night we take down a true ACC team at their home arena, where they're tough to beat?" Way too negative. We have a big game in 2 hours. Go Orange!!
I think SWC posted because last time he did it we won !!!!!
Just like last year someone, myself included would always post that they were worried and were never wrong
I like the GD line...I aint often right but I never been wrong
And we kept that going at least until we lost

Lets kick some Deacon butt tonight...LGO !!!!!

OO44

Yes! Tonight is the night that the team puts together 40 minutes of great play both on defense and offense. Tonight is the night that we look back to and say that it was the point in the season that the team really established itself as THE team which is most likely to win a National Championship this year. Tonight is the night at Rak will not only be a force down low but he will contribute rebounding prowess that will startle those who doubted him. Tonight will be the night that Trevor lights it up from 3 and opens things wide for CJ and Tyler to slither to the tin over and over for easy buckets.

Tonight is the night were we put the entire ACC on notice that WE the ORANGE are THE TEAM in the ACC!~

Yeah...Tonight is the night alright~~~

Whoa there padre. We have a frigging choice whether to be glass half empty or not.

This is not a dang pom pom club. We're not singing to Sandra Dee at a sleep over.

Fought too many battles with the pollyannas over the years to just let a newbie P waltz in and declare it niceville.

Everyone is setting up their 'told you so case'. including you pollys. And when their case is not proven; polly or not they will be like a turkey sandwich in hobo town.

SWC has made a career posting on both sides. He is no serial one-dimensional poster.

Come Duke, we'll all know sure enough. And I promise you, whomever's opinion is proven wrong will not be tripping over themselves to apologize to the board. Nor should they.

I'm going to make these posts as long as we are undefeated. I want people to reassure me that tonight is Not the night, (I don't think it will be, either), and because I enjoy reading the responses after we win.

I know how he worded it and i still think its not cool to post things like this just before each game.

I think you are missing the ritual/superstition aspect of this post. If he has done this before all of our big games and we still won, then maybe he believes if he doesn't do this then we will lose and it will actually be his fault.

What's the commercial say - It's only stupid if it doesn't work.

CuseFaninVT said:
I think you are missing the ritual/superstition aspect of this post. If he has done this before all of our big games and we still won, then maybe he believes if he doesn't do this then we will lose and it will actually be his fault. What's the commercial say - It's only stupid if it doesn't work.
It just rubs me the wrong way. We arent losing until next year after our 20 game.

I believe we are 5-0 against the spread recently, I think we have been doing what we need to do. Can't beat everybody by 20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom