So, Jalen Carey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So, Jalen Carey

Jalen was on the bench last night, but it dawned on me that there might be a rule about transferring in a redshirt year.

I think he may have to stay here through spring, then transfer in order to preserve his redshirt.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
I can't find anything useful on this.

That actually does make sense now that I think about it. I think individual conferences either approve or deny a medical redshirt based on the rules the NCAA has set. Then if there is a dispute, it goes to the NCAA.

Here are example for Connor McCaffery with Iowa and Amile Jefferson with Duke. Both approved by the conference. But if Jalen is no longer in the ACC, can they approve his medical redshirt?

doesn't look like he's transferring based on his demeanor on the bench. I realize people hate the body language analysis but he is invested in the game and interacting a ton with teammates on the bench. If you had one foot out the door I would think it would be human to pull away a bit. Who knows, I guess.

doesn't look like he's transferring based on his demeanor on the bench. I realize people hate the body language analysis but he is invested in the game and interacting a ton with teammates on the bench. If you had one foot out the door I would think it would be human to pull away a bit. Who knows, I guess.
He looked super pumped for Goodine on one of his drives. He knows what it’s like

Carey has been as amped up as anyone besides Washington on the bench. Seems to be really tight with teammates especially JBA. The injury and demotion sucked but being able to just be one of the guys and really watch without worrying about performing may be something that helps Jalen. Building off court chemistry can't hurt one bit.

Carey seems to be great on the bench. You can always see him joking with JBA, etc. he’s not sulking at all and cheering for his teammates
Yep

as great as he's been on the bench, I still don't know why he's sitting out the whole season. watching him pre game it seems like he could play right now and has been able too for a bit.

i don't think jalen has any problem at all with any of his team mates. just one other dude on the bench.

Tbone did JB run over your cat or give your mom the finger? You remind me of Bud Poliquin when DC was an upperclassman and Bud took every opportunity to write something derogatory about him. DC must have told him where to go at some point I assume.

as great as he's been on the bench, I still don't know why he's sitting out the whole season. watching him pre game it seems like he could play right now and has been able too for a bit.
Would that help him in getting a waiver from the NCAA to play immediately next season if he transfers? That was my thought, but it could be wrong.

Would that help him in getting a waiver from the NCAA to play immediately next season if he transfers? That was my thought, but it could be wrong.

could be.

I know he's a young guy and I wish the best for him. However, if he really is transferring, I'd rather him not be around the team. I'm sure that won't be a popular opinion and this is coming from someone that really hopes he stays. I think he has a lot of good basketball ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom