So Jerry Palm has us 1st four in this morning as an 11 seed. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So Jerry Palm has us 1st four in this morning as an 11 seed.

S-Bon loss might knock them out not steal a bid.. beating us before xmas they only have a couple other games of note all season.

yup and still sitting on the 11-12 line last 4 in in many brackets.

with some breathing room too... which is surprising. and awesome.

which is why I wanted at least one of Texas, Marquette, UCLA, or St. Mary's to lose... would have provided some additional separation if it does exist.

which is why I wanted at least one of Texas, Marquette, UCLA, or St. Mary's to lose... would have provided some additional separation if it does exist.

I was surpised Texas beat WVU. No Bamba either. Matt Coleman (sigh) has been starting to play very well. Had 22 points against those WVU guards. No easy task going against their backcourt and their scheme.

Things change rapidly. And there are many differing views that are really judgement based. I wouldn't count on Wake having us with a decent chance, but we will see how it all plays out.

I wouldn't even call beating UNC a lock, although I give it the 80%+ rating.

But much of this proves my assessments that I have made ... We are not out at 8-10, people overselling what is needed.

At the same time there appears to be many more contenders for the final spots than in 2017. So it is very hard to state anything with certainty right now. Do not get over optomistic if we beat Wake... or possibly even if we beat Wake.

Last edited:
Things change rapidly. And there are many differing views that are really judgement based. I wouldn't count on Wake having us with a decent chance, but we will see how it all plays out.

I wouldn't even call beating UNC a lock, although I give it the 80%+ rating. (I don't go higher than 80% unless I am really certain(

I am really appreciative of your thoughtful, insightful posts. It's what drew me out of lurker-dom this season, so it's been a pleasure to read though it all. I also understand that everything is fluid, but I saw a graphic on ESPN, that said with a win over Wake we would have a 80% shot according to BPI. That seems awfully generous, or are we all being too conservative? Maybe I need to read up on how exactly BPI works, but if that's even semi-accurate in how things are, then sign me up!

I am really appreciative of your thoughtful, insightful posts. It's what drew me out of lurker-dom this season, so it's been a pleasure to read though it all. I also understand that everything is fluid, but I saw a graphic on ESPN, that said with a win over Wake we would have a 80% shot according to BPI. That seems awfully generous, or are we all being too conservative? Maybe I need to read up on how exactly BPI works, but if that's even semi-accurate in how things are, then sign me up!
We don’t need three wins, that’s for sure. I think we’re a lock with a win over UNC.

yup and still sitting on the 11-12 line last 4 in in many brackets.

I've seen some brackets have them on the 10 line. I'd be surprised if they didn't get a bid regardless of their conference tourney results.

Let me keep this simple my fellow comrades.

1) lose Tuesday and it's over
2) lose Wednesday and it's less than 50%
3) beat UNC and it's lock city
UNC is probably the worst possible match up for us. High scoring offensive team with lots of inside/outside weapons. An athletic 6'6 defender who can check Battle. Bad luck draw for us.

UNC is probably the worst possible match up for us. High scoring offensive team with lots of inside/outside weapons. An athletic 6'6 defender who can check Battle. Bad luck draw for us.

duke would be a much worse matchup for us

Palm says: Beat UNC - probably in, lose to UNC - probably done.

"Syracuse has to beat UNC to feel comfortable, I suppose they could do less but they're probably done if they don't beat North Carolina".

Yeah I saw him say that. That's a bit of a qualifier on his view that we are last four in.

Palm says: Beat UNC - probably in, lose to UNC - probably done.

"Syracuse has to beat UNC to feel comfortable, I suppose they could do less but they're probably done if they don't beat North Carolina".
Because none of the other bubble teams are likely to lose a game?

Beating Wake does very little for us...they suck.

Yes such a bad matchup that battle went 0 for five on three and we lost by a bucket are you a glass half empty kind a dude

Worst matchups are little guards that defend Frank they don’t have that

Berry is a below average defender on pressure just decent at staying in front

Alabama and Providence hopefully will both be OUT after their first games of their Tourneys. Providence plays Creighton and Alabama plays aTm. Gotta cheer for Creighton and the Aggies.
These are the type of facts that need to be looked at and not just blind guesses by a lot of these people

Palm has us as a "first four in? " That means we are a 1 seed...YES

These are the type of facts that need to be looked at and not just blind guesses by a lot of these people

I was hoping St. John’s would’ve beaten them yesterday but nope. They have two home wins over Nova and Xavier. I imagine that is bumping their numbers up and influencing some bracketeers. Split with Creighton. Other than that it is nothing special. Losses to UMass, Houston, Rhode Island, Minnesota. Crushed BC and beat Washington.