So Jerry Palm has us 1st four in this morning as an 11 seed. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So Jerry Palm has us 1st four in this morning as an 11 seed.

Beating Wake does very little for us...they suck.

It really depends on where the committee sees us right now.

If they see us as the 4th last in as of now, we might be able to hold with a win with Wake.
If they see us as the first or second team out, beating Wake will not allow us to move up.

If only we knew where we stood. And to be honest I couldn't blame the committee if they had us as the 4th last in, or even the 3rd last out. It is that close around the line in my view.

I trust Palm over Lunardi.

The bubble is so craptacular that we could be in right now.

We are 1 win short of being safely in.
So we can do it. This team making the tournament would really help momentum of the program.
You might remember that I said last year that we were going to have a real good recruiting year this year. We will have a real good recruiting year next year as well.

Let me keep this simple my fellow comrades.

1) lose Tuesday and it's over
2) lose Wednesday and it's less than 50%
3) beat UNC and it's lock city

If #2 is the one that happens, it will be a week of closely following what happens. Because every game played by others could be the difference.

Beating Wake does very little for us...they suck.
It takes care of the bad loss at Wake. I doubt the committee will use that against us if we beat them twice. Just playing UNC will improve our SOS. Our computer numbers will be good enough to get in at that point (doesn't mean it will happen).

If we beat any of Bonaventure, Notre Dame, at Wake, at Ga. Tech, at BC we are on the right side of the bubble right now.
add fsu to that mix

if we'd had the team we began the season with - a healthy geno as 3rd guard, a healthy bourama - i think we'd have gone 4-2 in those games. not really making an excuse here, but when your team is under scholarship restrictions then injuries hit even harder. we had 10 scholarship players in november, enough for full five on five practices. by the time washington went down, we were down to 8. when mm & bs were out it was 7 or even 6 live bodies for practice. hard to simulate coming opponents with only 1 scholarship player on the scout team

I kind of don't care.

The only time this stuff matters is when the selection happens. Before then none of it is real.

Regardless of our perceived chances of a bid the objective was always going to be to go as deep as possible into the ACC tournament.

I kind of don't care.

The only time this stuff matters is when the selection happens. Before then none of it is real.

Regardless of our perceived chances of a bid the objective was always going to be to go as deep as possible into the ACC tournament.

30-Good-for-You-Sarcastic-Meme.jpg

You might remember that I said last year that we were going to have a real good recruiting year this year. We will have a real good recruiting year next year as well.
I'm curious what your prediction was based on. You obviously had no indication that Hop was leaving for the West Coast.

I'm curious what your prediction was based on. You obviously had no indication that Hop was leaving for the West Coast.
Who said I didn't know Hop was leaving? I didn't by the way. But don't assume. I knew who we looked good for. And while Bazley wasn't one of them, we were bound to come out okay. I like who we are involved with right now.

Who said I didn't know Hop was leaving? I didn't by the way. But don't assume. I knew who we looked good for. And while Bazley wasn't one of them, we were bound to come out okay. I like who we are involved with right now.
I can make assumptions because we've looked good for a few guys that didn't end up coming here. And we ended up with guys who verbaled to other schools.
Battle decommits from Michigan, considering 'Cuse

One of the quirky things about Palm is that he excludes Alabama. He says he doesn't consider any team that is not 4 games over .500. That's interesting because on twitter all he does is lecture everyone about the quad system. Meanwhile Bama has a combined 10 q1/q2 wins.

They have lost Lost 5 straight games

I get that. But we've been told over and over that what you did lately is irrelevant, it's your total body of work. But most folks have them in. He doesn't even consider them.

He just posted on twitter that 17-14 is not going to get it done for Bama.

He just posted on twitter that 17-14 is not going to get it done for Bama.

But he also posted that he doesn't consider them period. In other words, they're not on either side of the bubble. I guess the quad system matters until it doesn't.

Georgia made the tournament as a 8 seed at 16-14 in 2000 or 2001.
So Palm wrong about their record mattering.
Bama beat Auburn and Rhode Island at home but they are leaking a lot of oil. If they lose to A&M I see them out.
Beat A&M lose to Auburn they are likely first 4.

But he also posted that he doesn't consider them period. In other words, they're not on either side of the bubble. I guess the quad system matters until it doesn't.

I'd consider them but I think they miss as there resume is very similar to ours from last year.if they lose to Texas a and m they likely miss

Leaving the RPI in place is really going to leave the committee open to criticism. If they take a team with a lot of quadrant 1 ones, but a bunch of losses they will be criticized. Same if they take teams with a good RPI over a lot of quality wins.

Georgia made the tournament as a 8 seed at 16-14 in 2000 or 2001.
So Palm wrong about their record mattering.
Bama beat Auburn and Rhode Island at home but they are leaking a lot of oil. If they lose to A&M I see them out.
Beat A&M lose to Auburn they are likely first 4.

Think that Georgia team made a run to sec final which started at 3pm on selection Sunday because of tornado

Think that Georgia team made a run to sec final which started at 3pm on selection Sunday because of tornado

That was in 2008.

The Georgia team was 2003 I think, they had a crazy SOS.

Ok I looked it up, 2004. They were 16-13 in the regular season.