So Kevin Drew played today against UVA | Syracusefan.com

So Kevin Drew played today against UVA

PhatOrange

Living Legend
and Terrell Hunt will be suspended for all of spring practice.

There's a difference between practice and a game that counts. But I'm sure you know that.

And Drew did not play fall ball - similar to spring practice.

There's a difference between practice and a game that counts. But I'm sure you know that.

And Drew did not play fall ball - similar to spring practice.
Hunt took forty dollars worth of stuff...Drew could have killed someone. If you can't see the difference in that then you guys are insane. Drew should have been kicked out of the University.

Drew should be done, and Hunt should be suspended all spring. Hunt's punishment fits his crime, Drew's doesn't. Doug does not tolerate stealing (i.e. Cater), even if it's a minimal theft.

and Terrell Hunt will be suspended for all of spring practice.

And this surprises you how? SU lacrosse is an outlaw program, always has been. The kids get away with quite a bit, I mean so have football and hoops but lacrosse has always been a very very loose ship in most areas. I am surprised he even sat out fall ball

I must have missed it... What did Drew do?

Hunt took forty dollars worth of stuff...Drew could have killed someone. If you can't see the difference in that then you guys are insane. Drew should have been kicked out of the University.

And this surprises you how? SU lacrosse is an outlaw program, always has been. The kids get away with quite a bit, I mean so have football and hoops but lacrosse has always been a very very loose ship in most areas. I am surprised he even sat out fall ball

What I'm saying is that Hunt missing all of spring practice is BS and he should be practicing.

Drew was busted in late October, I'm not really sure how much if any fall ball he missed. Then he practiced all spring and missed 2 games. That was his punishment from SU and Lax team. (which is perfectly fine me)

Anyhow, Marrone should run the football program more like Desko because the way he punishes kids hurts the team. I'm not advocating running an outlaw program but you're here to win football games not be on a moral soapbox. Otherwise go coach at Army.

I can't even believe I'm comparing Drew to Hunt, I should be comparing Drew to Marcus Sales. What Drew did was worse than Sales.

What I'm saying is that Hunt missing all of spring practice is BS and he should be practicing.

Drew was busted in late October, I'm not really sure how much if any fall ball he missed. Then he practiced all spring and missed 2 games. That was his punishment from SU and Lax team. (which is perfectly fine me)

Anyhow, Marrone should run the football program more like Desko because the way he punishes kids hurts the team. I'm not advocating running an outlaw program but you're here to win football games not be on a moral soapbox. Otherwise go coach at Army.

I can't even believe I'm comparing Drew to Hunt, I should be comparing Drew to Marcus Sales. What Drew did was worse than Sales.

I agree for the most part. Hunt's punishment should be a two game suspension, not sitting out spring ball. Sales punishment was fine but I thibk Drew's was light and probably should have been dismissed, taking on a cop pretty much should be enough to send you out the door.

I agree you are here to win games but there does come a time where the line needs to be drawn

I was under the belief that Drew left school and lost the entire semester. Being a partial scholarship kid, he now will be forced to return on his own dime to graduate, while also completing community service work and counseling. I am not saying I agree with the punishment or that he should be playing, but I'm not sure he simply dodged the law.

I was under the belief that Drew left school and lost the entire semester. Being a partial scholarship kid, he now will be forced to return on his own dime to graduate, while also completing community service work and counseling. I am not saying I agree with the punishment or that he should be playing, but I'm not sure he simply dodged the law.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse/2012/01/post_14.html

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/su_lacrosse_player_kevin_drew.html

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse/2012/01/post_14.html

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/su_lacrosse_player_kevin_drew.html[/quote]

well it is good to see that is parents have made him to everything right since then and I am not saying he shouldn't be back in school but he shouldn't be playing lacrosse and wouldn't be for most programs. Regardless of what marrone does with his kids, Drew should be back in school but not playing lacrosse at this point, his case is still open. Sales had to wait until his was settled, which seems reasonable.

Lacrosse as a whole has a lot of this as part of its culture. I'll probably get a lot of flak for this, but it has to do with the socio-economic background of the majority of its participants.

Lacrosse as a whole has a lot of this as part of its culture. I'll probably get a lot of flak for this, but it has to do with the socio-economic background of the majority of its participants.

This is true but if Hunt were a lacrosse player he would have had to run some wind sprints and would not have missed any practice time if even a game.

This is true but if Hunt were a lacrosse player he would have had to run some wind sprints and would not have missed any practice time if even a game.
I was agreeing with that point. I was saying it's a problem with the sport.

This^. What I read was that he went through an alcohol abuse rehab program and did a fair amount of community service ( I don't know why 800 hours sticks out in my mind). He went through the legal process and SU judicial process already.

I haven't heard if Hunt has gone through this yet. Btw, suspended for spring ball is not that big of a punishment. He was going to be 2nd string next year anyway and he's already been through a full season with the team.

I must have missed it... What did Drew do?
He was like three times over the legal limit when he took his roomate's (Desko's kid) Suburban and was driving like 50 in a 30 (I can't remember the exact number but I think it was this). He led cops on a bit of a chase and then ran into the back of a parked vehicle. He then proceeded to resist arrest and get aggressive with the cops trying to arrest him. He shouldn't be in school, at least zero financial aid and definitely not on the lacrosse team.

He should be facing prison time. Our athletics-loving District Attorney's office wouldn't paper the "fleeing from police" charge.

Syracuse University should be ashamed of itself; that kid handed away the privilege of being a student and member of the lacrosse team.

He was like three times over the legal limit when he took his roomate's (Desko's kid) Suburban and was driving like 50 in a 30 (I can't remember the exact number but I think it was this). He led cops on a bit of a chase and then ran into the back of a parked vehicle. He then proceeded to resist arrest and get aggressive with the cops trying to arrest him. He shouldn't be in school, at least zero financial aid and definitely not on the lacrosse team.

He was charged with resisting arrest because he "took an aggressive stance".

What exactly is an aggressive stance? Did he take too long to raise his arms? Did he call the cop a dirty name? Did he stick his tongue out?

He never swung at the cop. In fact, the cop knocked Drew on his ass first.

If a non-athlete made the same mistakes, this would be a non-issue.

He was charged with resisting arrest because he "took an aggressive stance".

What exactly is an aggressive stance? Did he take too long to raise his arms? Did he call the cop a dirty name? Did he stick his tongue out?

He never swung at the cop. In fact, the cop knocked Drew on his ass first.

If a non-athlete made the same mistakes, this would be a non-issue.
If I did these exact same things, I have a feeling it would still be an issue.

You'd be in trouble with the law, but you wouldn't get kicked out of school for it.
I know for a fact that I would have been kicked out of school the second I stepped into the car blatantly drunk. I know non-athletes that it has happened to at SU

I'm fairly certain the kid who drove into the Mount stairs is out of school...and he didn't resist arrest.

SU throws kids out of school for getting into DWI type situations?

surprised they have any kids left in school if thats the case.

SU throws kids out of school for getting into DWI type situations?

surprised they have any kids left in school if thats the case.
The referenced incident occurred on campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom