So my wife ... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

First off, edowd is winning this thread.

Second, everybody's in such a rusg to punch themselves in the man balls to prove they're alphas or whatever that we're like 90 posts in and not a single one of you has recommended the only sensible compromise.

Our esteemed friend's wife is busy from noon to 3 right? And kickoff is at 3:30, right? Well geniuses, there's a culinary delight known as brunch often served at finer dining establishments on weekends beginning around 10 o'clock, right?

So... reschedule for brunch. Everybody wins.

Disappointed...you wimped out on this one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Disappointed...you wimped out on this one. The right answer is watch the game, screw the lunch thing.

MAN THE F**K UP

1. Get your balls back
2. Watch the game

Yes I'm missing some key steps in between 1 and 2, and sorry about the harsh words, but this is your motivation.

Tried #1. Still searching. I'll do #2 on September 7th. Your words inspired me for 60 seconds. Then I realized I wanted my marriage to survive :)

First off, edowd is winning this thread.

Second, everybody's in such a rusg to punch themselves in the man balls to prove they're alphas or whatever that we're like 90 posts in and not a single one of you has recommended the only sensible compromise.

Our esteemed friend's wife is busy from noon to 3 right? And kickoff is at 3:30, right? Well geniuses, there's a culinary delight known as brunch often served at finer dining establishments on weekends beginning around 10 o'clock, right?

So... reschedule for brunch. Everybody wins.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I half doubt the validity of this thread so I presume most are in the same boat and just having fun with it.

The only true outcome for 99% of this board is "sorry but lunch @ 3:30 on Saturday just isn't happening" and then move on to alternative plans. Sleeping on the couch for a week is like a mini vacation anyway. What? I get more than 25% of the bed and covers tonight?! Adios!

It is fun reading reactions from the married guys vs the ones who yet to experience the intricacies that are maintaining the delicate balance of a happy/liveable marriage though.

I just had a nervous breakdown for you. You're welcome... Now I'm eating mustard on a Pop Tart while rolling my own garlic cigarettes.

Confused? Me too. Time to step up and say no to your wife. This is the SU Football season opener. Lunches happen every freaking day. Not SU Football season openers.

She should be rocking her Orange thong that day. ;)

It is fun reading reactions from the married guys vs the ones who yet to experience the intricacies that are maintaining the delicate balance of a happy/liveable marriage though.

Exactly. I realize a lot of guys think it's cool to take the opportunity to put the Mrs. in her place or whatever, but Orijinal has an outstanding chance here to not just catch the game, but do so in a way that thoroughly impresses his wife and earns him future points. It's rare that you can get what you want while simultaneously banking goodwill for the future. There's no need for Orijinal to blow it by telling his wife "Woman, I have been advised by men of sound mind on the internet that the time has come to reclaim my testicles. Nobody eats lunch at 3:30. You will cancel, and I will watch football." because, yeah, that's going to go over really, really well.

I just had a nervous breakdown for you. You're welcome... Now I'm eating mustard on a Pop Tart while rolling my own garlic cigarettes.

Confused? Me too.

That was good.

Just got back from being out in this evening. Took a look at the thread and read through all responses. Laughed out loud a few times. Let my wife read a few too. She does feel bad.

In our house, it's just me, the wife, and the dog. No kids. Married for 12 years

This story is absolutely true. I am not trolling. Although I don't know how to authenticate myself because no one here knows me from a slice of bread.

Believe me, Forza, I am kicking myself for never sputtering those words and the second point is well taken for future reference. I'm not getting out of this one now, though.

None of this makes sense.

Your wife of 12 years, during which time I presume learned you are a rather avid SU football fan, who feels bad after reading the opinions of a bunch of anonymous clowns on the Internet...STILL won't "let" you out of a random lunch?

Please leave the TV on for your dog at 3:30, someone in your house should enjoy it.

Exactly. I realize a lot of guys think it's cool to take the opportunity to put the Mrs. in her place or whatever, but Orijinal has an outstanding chance here to not just catch the game, but do so in a way that thoroughly impresses his wife and earns him future points. It's rare that you can get what you want while simultaneously banking goodwill for the future. There's no need for Orijinal to blow it by telling his wife "Woman, I have been advised by men of sound mind on the internet that the time has come to reclaim my testicles. Nobody eats lunch at 3:30. You will cancel, and I will watch football." because, yeah, that's going to go over really, really well.

You hyphenated your name when you got married, didn't you? ;)

ok so a couple things.. what is a lunch date at someone's house that does not allow a game to be watched? let the wives chat and gossip and have her husband put the damn game on. or if you are all sports fans- you change the theme to be hanging out watching the game.

Please leave the TV on for your dog at 3:30, someone in your house should enjoy it.

I know were throwing this guy under the bus, but don't call him a Ruttie fan, that's over the line.

You hyphenated your name when you got married, didn't you? ;)

Pretty sure OitG is LDS so that last name could get pretty messy :cool:

I hope the lunch menu at least consists of coneys, salt potatoes, and a case of Saranac. Not that it would justify missing the game.

I would cancel the plans, change the plans or do dinner. Hell you are past lunch anyways. I never schedule events when I want to game watch, and my husband understands if we make that mistake and we have to cancel. My friends know also. It comes with the territory of being friends with me. Syracuse comes first, friends, second, lol!!! And I am a very good and loyal friend. Just don't ask me to make plans during a game.

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.
If SU wins, you must schedule lunches at game time the remainder of the season... That means if SU plays at 7p, you eat lunch at 7p. Take many for the team!

She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

tumblr_mlxbfmLW4P1qjnqapo1_500.gif

If you can't work your way out of a 3:30 "lunch" for something that's very important to you, there may be much bigger issues that you need to address in your life and marriage.

If being rational doesn't work, just say to her that "I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science."

60% of the time it works -- every time.

My anniversary is September 2nd. Which is pretty much opening weekend from now until time ends. Sometimes I've missed season opening games because of matrimonial obligations. Sometimes I've watched football when we are out doing anniversary things. She has also bought me more than a few game tickets, both football and basketball. And New York Giants championship stuff. And Syracuse gear. I also know she would never schedule lunch with friends when I have a game to watch. The fault for OP's ill-fated luncheon falls squarely on his own shoulders.

My anniversary is September 2nd. ... The fault for OP's ill-fated luncheon falls squarely on his own shoulders.
Just as it was your fault to get married during football season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom