So my wife ... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

Walter Sobchak did not watch his buddies die face down in the muck just so a little lunch date would ruin Syracuse football opening day 2013.

Just sayin.
ff

Here's how you avoid this in the future: everyone has a smartphone, right? Set up a Google calendar and sync it to both of your phones. Put all of the SU games in the calendar first, then all of your other crap. Next time she wants to schedule something, must check the shared calendar, and she should know you can't double-book, especially on Syracuse games.

This is how we keep track of our crazy schedule and it helps keep us both sane, what with all of the kids events, Dr appointments, etc.

Walter Sobchak did not watch his buddies die face down in the muck just so a little lunch date would ruin Syracuse football opening day 2013.

Just sayin.
ff

Yeah, OK, but... can Walter watch TV on Shabbat? I wonder if he has to ask his ex-wife if it's OK?

It's all good. Your wife will go riding. You'll have a nice lunch. Meanwhile you'll be recording the game. You keep the radio off on the way home. You ask your wife to look at the TV around 6:30 PM to make sure the game is over and to NOT say anything about the outcome. If you're lucky, you'll be watching the game with your scantilly clad wife draped all over you!

GD right. Good thing about my family gatherings is that sports supercede all things. I will comfortably walk into aunts uncles cousins brother house... grab the remote and throw a game on. This is standard practice.

Hell yes. If we have to go someplace where there is a game on I make damn sure that there is a TV available. I got invited to a wedding party (as he eloped) for a cousin of mine on October 6th at 1PM (who the F has a party at 1 on a Sunday???) Anyways its at some crap ass winery in the finger lakes. The Giants play the Eagles that day. No TV in this place apparently so I am going to be "that guy" who sits at the table and watches the game on my phone. No interaction with anyone, no dancing, no celebrating. and your party for not checking the football schedule as he knows we are all Giant die hards.

The best part is I will feel so good doing it. Then when the game ends I will promptly leave.

Hell yes. If we have to go someplace where there is a game on I make damn sure that there is a TV available. I got invited to a wedding party (as he eloped) for a cousin of mine on October 6th at 1PM (who the F has a party at 1 on a Sunday???) Anyways its at some crap ass winery in the finger lakes. The Giants play the Eagles that day. No TV in this place apparently so I am going to be "that guy" who sits at the table and watches the game on my phone. No interaction with anyone, no dancing, no celebrating. and your party for not checking the football schedule as he knows we are all Giant die hards.

The best part is I will feel so good doing it. Then when the game ends I will promptly leave.
Cut from the same cloth.

The year is 09. Smart phones are a rarity. My cousindl is getting married in late MARCH on a mother Saturday. It just so happens her nuptials are taking place during the EE8 game between putt and nova (not even teams we like) . So I am clinging to my older brother who was like 1 of 5 people at the wedding with a smart phone. In the church you could visibly see every male on my side of the family asking or checking the scores as they updated. 68% of the men in attendance didn't watch more than 10 minutes of this hour long procession. The reception consisted of us getting drunk asking who the gets married during march madness.

Haven't got time to read all the other resposnes but this isn't even an issue. "Lunch? We talking about lunch? Lunch. We're talking about lunch. Lunch?"
Also...when your wife said "How about next Saturday Aug 31st?" You should have immediately responded with one of the following:
"Sure, as long as we're back by 3:30 because of the SU - PSU game." (You were a few days late with this.)
"Ok but lets go out somewhere close to home so we can can get back for kickoff."
"No that probably won't work with the SU game on at 3:30."

You and the wife share responsibility on this one so flip a coin which one of you calls your friends to cancel.

Haven't got time to read all the other resposnes but this isn't even an issue. "Lunch? We talking about lunch? Lunch. We're talking about lunch. Lunch?"
Also...when your wife said "How about next Saturday Aug 31st?" You should have immediately responded with one of the following:
"Sure, as long as we're back by 3:30 because of the SU - PSU game." (You were a few days late with this.)
"Ok but lets go out somewhere close to home so we can can get back for kickoff."

You and the wife share responsibility on this one so flip a coin which one of you calls your friends to cancel.
You should read them this is the best thread since the off season.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I pulled the calendar out when we got married and eliminated every month except for June and July. We settled on June 10th. It was glorious.

Amen, Marsh. When I got engaged in '98, the first thing I said was "Honey you have 3 full months to choose. June, July, or August." I can't stand being invited to weddings during football and hoops season. Terrible.

This is an awful thread, just decline going. Good grief, it's a spouse, not someone who owns you.

And if that doesn't work fake an ambiguous stomach type illness.
Seriously, I mean life sometimes gets in the way of things...this is not 1 of those things.

Not only do we now expect you to watch, but those who aren't going expect u in the chat room.

It's all good. Your wife will go riding. You'll have a nice lunch. Meanwhile you'll be recording the game. You keep the radio off on the way home. You ask your wife to look at the TV around 6:30 PM to make sure the game is over and to NOT say anything about the outcome. If you're lucky, you'll be watching the game with your scantilly clad wife draped all over you!

Happens almost every time ...the parts about recording the game, keeping the radio off, and asking my wife to check the TV for me that is ;-)

Here's how you avoid this in the future: everyone has a smartphone, right? Set up a Google calendar and sync it to both of your phones. Put all of the SU games in the calendar first, then all of your other crap. Next time she wants to schedule something, must check the shared calendar, and she should know you can't double-book, especially on Syracuse games.

This is how we keep track of our crazy schedule and it helps keep us both sane, what with all of the kids events, Dr appointments, etc.

Now THAT's a solution. Why didn't I come to the board earlier with this stuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom