So objectively what will be SU's record over the last six games? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So objectively what will be SU's record over the last six games?

Not to go all conspiracy theory, but there is no way the ACC let's us go through the conference season undefeated.

I fully expect us to "lose" at Duke.

I'm a Hanlon's Razor guy...I doubt there's any conspiracy required for us to run into a game where a bad call or even a 50/50 call goes the wrong way and we lose a game. I suspect the foul on Cooney at the end yesterday turns into an and-one in Cameron, and it's game over.

My head tells me 5-1.

My heart tells me 6-0, and the magic run continues through the regular season.

Why? Because you say so? Hopefully we won't have to worry about it since we will beat UVA in Charlottesville.

If we have to win the ACC regular season crown or the tourney to get a #1 seed, the system is broken beyond repair.

Look at Syracuse's ACC schedule.
Look at Virginia's ACC schedule. And their overall record.

Then explain what system would lead any rational human being to conclude Virginia finishing ahead of Syracuse is even a tiny little bit relevant to NCAA tourney seeding.

We don't have to worry about it, regardless of what happens in C-Ville - unless we totally collapse in the last six games. 4-2, win one in the ACC tourney, we are a stone cold lock for #1 seed in the East. Stone. Cold. Lock. Period.

Why? Because you say so? Hopefully we won't have to worry about it since we will beat UVA in Charlottesville.

Well that, and it's not 1981. And there's a crapload of precedent that doesn't agree with your antiquated criteria.

This is a extremely tough question because our defense is so good. We have proven over and over we can win games with our defense and little offense. Like another poster said I wouldn't be upset with a 4-2 swing but I really think this team can finish it off without a loss. It's one game at a time and we're talented enough and capable of winning against any team in the country. 6-0 isn't a stretch at all and I think we can and will do it.

Well that, and it's not 1981. And there's a crapload of precedent that doesn't agree with your antiquated criteria.
In 2 weeks we'll all know. I'm not waiting for this team to lose...

Well damn, heres to hoping Duke really is worn out by the time we arrive at Cameron, considering they played four games in 8 days with us being at the end of the stretch. Seems like most people think we NEED an advantage here

I just wanna see everybody show up that game. I want Jerami to stay on his feet after he spins rather than falling and throwing bricks at the backboard, and not see CJ airball three open shots.

Last edited:
I'll say 6-0. Everyone is worried about Duke and UVA but our team actually plays better when the other team is good. It's these borderline tourney teams that we need to start stepping up against.

Need a 5-1 minimum, and beat Virginia to win ACC regular season, then win the ACC tournament for 33-1.

Assuming UVA wins out, 4-2 with a loss to UVA gives us #2 in the ACC which does not mean a 1 seed lock in the east. To get that lock, we need to win the ACC which means we have to beat UVA and end with less than 2 losses...I'm sticking with 6-0 until shown otherwise.

No way dude. When is the last time a power conference with 2 regular season losses was not a 1 seed. No chance in hell we lose that with 2 losses, even three. Just will not happen. If we lose 4 in the regular season then maybe, but even then, let's see what the field does.

6-0 to get us to 31-0 heading into the ACC tourney...
3-0 to win the ACC tourney which is 34-0 heading into the NCAA tourney...
and a 6-0 run in the NCAA tourney to get us to...

40-0 baby!!

6-0

Some of you need to chill out with all of the negative talk. This team finds ways to win. Enjoy it while we have this.

I personally haven't noticed any legitimate negativity. I think every single poster on this board is extremely excited about this season, but some posters have very level-headed critiques regarding how we can get better.

I personally haven't noticed any legitimate negativity. I think every single poster on this board is extremely excited about this season, but some posters have very level-headed critiques regarding how we can get better.

When people aren't satisfied after a win to get to 25-0 of all things, that's negativity in my book. We're getting spoiled as a fan base.

When people aren't satisfied after a win to get to 25-0 of all things, that's negativity in my book. We're getting spoiled as a fan base.

If posters have pragmatic thoughts as to why a certain facet of SU's game (offensively or defensively) has to improve in order for us to win 6 games in the NCAA tournament, I'm interested in what they have to say (while at the same time being extremely excited that we're #1).

If posters have pragmatic thoughts as to why a certain facet of SU's game (offensively or defensively) has to improve in order for us to win 6 games in the NCAA tournament, I'm interested in what they have to say (while at the same time being extremely excited that we're #1).

They're 25-0 with some impressive wins. Why change anything? Leave that to JB and the staff. Opinions are fine, but obviously something is working.

And we aren't going to agree, so I respectfully end my back-and-forth with you.

5-1 or 4-2. Hoping for 5-1 and 1 seed in ACC. Then Duke and Virgina can play each other in the semis. Oh wait, then we play Pitt? Let me rethink that.

5-1 or 4-2. Hoping for 5-1 and 1 seed in ACC. Then Duke and Virgina can play each other in the semis. Oh wait, then we play Pitt? Let me rethink that.
I'd love to play Pitt again.

BC w
@Duke w/l
@maryland w/l
@Virginia w/l
GT w
@FSU w/l

I say 4-2

I agree with 4-2. Split the @Duke/@UVA and the other loss will be a What variety.

Only games we could lose are Duke or UVA. I think we beat UVA. I can't imagine the refs giving us any calls at all at Cameron, so I think Duke ends up winning that game. 5-1.

We could lose every game remaining, outside of senior night. How can anyone say otherwise? WE not only could have, but SHOULD have lost at home to a crappy NC State team. Blinders are not a great thing people.

That said, 4-2 is what i see. That probably still has us #1 overall and certainly a 1 seed.

More likely to be UNC than Pitt.

Cheers,
Neil

TBCuse11 said:
We could lose every game remaining, outside of senior night. How can anyone say otherwise? WE not only could have, but SHOULD have lost at home to a crappy NC State team. Blinders are not a great thing people. That said, 4-2 is what i see. That probably still has us #1 overall and certainly a 1 seed.

Why should we have lost to NCSt? It's a 40 minute game and we scored more points in those 40 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom