So Recruit: You are our choice..are we yours | Syracusefan.com

So Recruit: You are our choice..are we yours

arbitragegls

All Conference
So much being made of DC2 may/may not come here...now we have Grant holding off...and comments about Noel coming here if DC2 comes here...so lets think this out:

...it is time to think this through...is having a number of good to very good players on squad or committed reason for a top flight player not to come...I have believed that our waiting for DC2 has caused some other players not to choose 'Cuse...now some are thinking why would Noel come if DC2 is here...and of course, Grant supposedly turned down Maryland because of another PF who is top flight going there. and now he seems to be putting off decision (or are we) because Jefferson is being considered...so perhaps answer lies in this:

Choose the player you want to recruit...tell them he is it at this position...we need your commit by a certain date...if you do not commit by then, we want you but will continue to look for another...first come first gets scholly...since recruits can verbal and walk away; why not add some intrique to the whole recruitment thing...WE WANT YOU...DO YOU WANT 'CUSE...there are other players we can go after but you get a first shot...take it or...we move on--not saying this is the perfect resolution...but it just may add some sense to what is going on...your thoughts as always!

If that worked, they would do it that way. You can't strong arm 16-19 yr old kids. They have a tendency to rebel against that type of action. JB and crew have been through this a few times. I'm pretty sure they have a good idea which way to go, and that will depend upon the individual. That's why they build relationships with the kids.

So a kid taking his time and weighing his options like any of us did when we were choosing a college shouldn't be allowed to do so? You need to relax. We are going to get commits, we're Syracuse. Every day you start a topic about some prospect and want some ridiculous info. No one is at Jeremi Grant's house at a stakeout. We'll get prospects.

Nerlens Noel tweeted he's 2013 all the way yesterday. So why would we say if you don't commit you can't come? Let him take his visits and enjoy being a kid. They have enough to go through dealing with 500 phone calls a day from every coach in the NCAA. If they want to come here, fine, if not, no ill will.

This approach might work in football but not High-D1 basketball.

So much being made of DC2 may/may not come here...now we have Grant holding off...and comments about Noel coming here if DC2 comes here...so lets think this out:

...it is time to think this through...is having a number of good to very good players on squad or committed reason for a top flight player not to come...I have believed that our waiting for DC2 has caused some other players not to choose 'Cuse...now some are thinking why would Noel come if DC2 is here...and of course, Grant supposedly turned down Maryland because of another PF who is top flight going there. and now he seems to be putting off decision (or are we) because Jefferson is being considered...so perhaps answer lies in this:

Choose the player you want to recruit...tell them he is it at this position...we need your commit by a certain date...if you do not commit by then, we want you but will continue to look for another...first come first gets scholly...since recruits can verbal and walk away; why not add some intrique to the whole recruitment thing...WE WANT YOU...DO YOU WANT 'CUSE...there are other players we can go after but you get a first shot...take it or...we move on--not saying this is the perfect resolution...but it just may add some sense to what is going on...your thoughts as always!

do you really have to freak out everyday about the recruiting class to date.

do you really have to freak out everyday about the recruiting class to date.
Freak out...not at all...trying to generate some discussion...this board to-date has been very tame...and by the way...I asked for opinion on a thought...in my business that is considered being a thought provoker but since you do not look out of the box...oh well I will refrain from such posts that are not to your liking.

Freak out...not at all...trying to generate some discussion...this board to-date has been very tame...and by the way...I asked for opinion on a thought...in my business that is considered being a thought provoker but since you do not look out of the box...oh well I will refrain from such posts that are not to your liking.

well this is like the tenth post in the last 2 weeks about players who havent committed yet and now you want to change Syracuse's recruiting strategy.

well this is like the tenth post in the last 2 weeks about players who havent committed yet and now you want to change Syracuse's recruiting strategy.
guess jokes and which is correct than or then is really talking basketball...i am bored...your posts are fine...not freaked out at all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom