So say Edwards gets hurt again | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So say Edwards gets hurt again

1. Let’s not put this type of negative hypothetical out there. Positive vibes only
2. Without any inside info I’d be surprised if we didn’t try to bring in someone as a backup 5. Cards are stacked against us because I get the sense we felt very confident in Ballard and didn’t reach out to anyone else. I do wonder at this point if we try and re-recruit Frank. The pitch hasn’t really changed but much more desperate without QB committed.
They would like to bring a center. They don't know who as of this time. Or if they do, they aren't saying.

I wouldn't plan on Akok. The staff feels they were treated poorly by his backers ( Putnam health science who we never seem to have any success with) the last time. They will take a pass this time.
We have another another plan in place?

I wouldn't plan on Akok. The staff feels they were treated poorly by his backers ( Putnam health science who we never seem to have any success with) the last time. They will take a pass this time.
Putnam Science is a joke. And gets a ton of NYC product that we should be interested in…

Serious question: what is the staff doing right now? Just waiting until August or whenever practices start and hoping for the best? This board seems to be pretty knowledgeable and I don’t hear anyone saying we are doing anything. No recruiting activity, no transfer activity, no summer overseas tour this year, no media appearances, no community events I’ve heard about. Golf and fishing?
In other words:

th

I'm just upset you even wrote this scenario into existence. I will hold you personally responsible if Jessie goes down.

Our backup centers are JBA and Carey? We already know what JBA is… and if Jim finds most freshmen to be unable to help the team, then how will a raw prospect like Carey? Someone please assure me that we are still actively seeking a backup center.
What's to worry about?
Marek still has a year of eligibility.
He can come back and play another year out of position.

A good source told me the same. A senior/grad transfer big with a good reputation as a team mate. Someone who could challenge Jesse at practice in a way no one else on the current roster can.

A good source told me the same. A senior/grad transfer big with a good reputation as a team mate. Someone who could challenge Jesse at practice in a way no one else on the current roster can.

But Ballard had 3 years left.

Serious question: what is the staff doing right now? Just waiting until August or whenever practices start and hoping for the best? This board seems to be pretty knowledgeable and I don’t hear anyone saying we are doing anything. No recruiting activity, no transfer activity, no summer overseas tour this year, no media appearances, no community events I’ve heard about. Golf and fishing?
They are going out to see Jr's starting this week.

Re JUCO, wonder if they would ever consider a Bryan Penn Johnson type from ELAC (he'll probably get a better offer honestly) or a project like Chayce Polynice.

Johnson is intriguing but is likely targeting a D-1 role in CA somewhere. He bailed on LSU (after previously bailing on Washington) due to homesickness. Shame IMO he's a legit talent.

I'm a bit concerned that we haven't heard about the staff reaching out to any active transfers. Does anyone know whether they are still actively searching? I can't imagine they gave up on finding a backup center. Not getting anyone would be extremely risky. Students have to enter the portal by May 1 - maybe they're hoping a good fit pops up. I'm surprised they aren't casting a wide net and reaching out to a bunch of bigs. It's hard to find a backup center and it's only getting harder.

And accept PT strictly dependent on injury or foul trouble? Going to be a tough sell.

Somehow Kansas had:
Agbaji, McCormick, Wilson, Braun, Harris coming back.

Yet got 4 3-4 star recruits and got Remy Martin to transfer on their team, got some other backups to transfer to them

This idea that people wont come to backup is specific to mediocre programs and teams, basically.

We also dont play the bench and have a rep, history of that.

Checkmate! Game, set & Match! Bingo! Take your pick...

Checkmate! Game, set & Match! Bingo! Take your pick...

I’m glad to know that some people think that Frank, or any center we might get or have, like we tried to get ballard, should split time with Jesse almost equally.

I’m glad to know that some people think that Frank, or any center we might get or have, like we tried to get ballard, should split time with Jesse almost equally.

You are the owner of your own thinking.

I was commenting on the broader point. Which is, agreeing to teams that are good, very good, etc. don't appear to have other guys not come in and play a role, etc. as the tradeoff can be being a part of that winning, playing for conference championships, etc. Also, agreeing to the problematic fact that we are and have been a mediocre program for 8 straight seasons, and have a head coach that is well known and a long history/reputation for not playing his bench, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom