So the scream at our bench... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So the scream at our bench...

I was at the 1984 NCAA tournament game and the VCU coach started yelling at Sean Kerins. I have no idea why. I don't remember Kerins saying anything in return but I was in the stands and can't say for sure.

I love the armchair experts on trash talking. We need Devo here to address any trash talking rules.

I like kids who play with toughness and edginess. If that boils over to trash talk then so be it.

I can tell you one thing…if some dude ran his mouth to my dad during a game I sure as hell wouldn’t have let it go. You stand up for yiur family and your teammates no matter what.

I love the armchair experts on trash talking. We need Devo here to address any trash talking rules.

I like kids who play with toughness and edginess. If that boils over to trash talk then so be it.

I can tell you one thing…if some dude ran his mouth to my dad during a game I sure as hell wouldn’t have let it go. You stand up for yiur family and your teammates no matter what.
Is there such a thing as a trash talking expert?

At what level and what coach allowed you to talk smack to another coach? I'm legit interested. The level doesn't really matter but I am curious.
You and Mike are getting boomered.

Watch the first half minute.

Obviously it seemingly offends people but damn I miss the intensity and swagger of SU teams like that. I know this discussion has been brought up before but DC was another example of knowing that no one wants to mess with him and he talked the talk and backed it up. Purposefully jogging out in the middle of the other teams’ layups drills before the game even started, he was a bad man and everyone knew it. Need that type of attitude again.

Obviously it seemingly offends people but damn I miss the intensity and swagger of SU teams like that. I know this discussion has been brought up before but DC was another example of knowing that no one wants to mess with him and he talked the talk and backed it up. Purposefully jogging out in the middle of the other teams’ layups drills before the game even started, he was a bad man and everyone knew it. Need that type of attitude again.

Intensity and swagger isn’t screaming expletives at the opposing coach.

I don't think Mike is a boomer. I think he might have just missed. And proper manners and class know no
Agree 100%! The purity police can bag it. Manners and grace….please…our coach treats local sports writers like trash. And how many players has he thrown under the bus in post game pressers? I guess that stuff is all good though.

Intensity and swagger isn’t screaming expletives at the opposing coach.

My post was referring to the 2009 SU team. They didn’t back down from anyone as you can see in the clip from the Seton Hall Big East tournament game that year. Guys like DC and Devo didn’t yell at coaches, they intimidated and got into the heads of opposing players. THAT’S what we are missing. I guess we need more players from Detroit as well.

So the percentage chance of Jabari transferring to Syracuse next year, to team up with Benny at the forward spots, what is it?

Agree 100%! The purity police can bag it. Manners and grace….please…our coach treats local sports writers like trash. And how many players has he thrown under the bus in post game pressers? I guess that stuff is all good though.
That stuff is not okay. I have made my opinion known on that from the jump.

But he didn't say it to the dazzler.
Did someone yell something at Boeheim? I missed all this.

And im sure Eric would have if given the opportunity lol some competitors just see red when they’re flowing with the emotion of a play or game. Fortunately with Eric it never got too inappropriate

Did someone yell something at Boeheim? I missed all this.

And im sure Eric would have if given the opportunity lol some competitors just see red when they’re flowing with the emotion of a play or game. Fortunately with Eric it never got too inappropriate
I don't know if you are serious but a kid yelled at Jb and got a T for his trouble.

Anyone else think that possible JB said something to Westry like Auburn is a football school and it made its way to the Auburn team? That is what immediately crossed my mind.

Anyone else think that possible JB said something to Westry like Auburn is a football school and it made its way to the Auburn team? That is what immediately crossed my mind.
No chance. When Westry visited Syracuse, he only stayed one day instead of 2. We were never going to get him. Auburn wasn't even in the picture at that time.

I don't think Mike is a boomer. I think he might have just missed. And proper manners and class know no age.
It’s a state of mind. Has zero to do with age. I don’t care either way, but I could see how JB had it coming to him.