So the scream at our bench... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

So the scream at our bench...

I thought maybe there was bad blood dating back to the Tobias Harris recruitment, and maybe Pearl thinks - or told his team as motivation - that JB ratted him out. Who know? Pearl's got so much shadiness in his past (and present) that 90% of active coaches are probably suspects for ratting him out.

I thought maybe there was bad blood dating back to the Tobias Harris recruitment, and maybe Pearl thinks - or told his team as motivation - that JB ratted him out. Who know? Pearl's got so much shadiness in his past (and present) that 90% of active coaches are probably suspects for ratting him out.
Jabari Smith would have been like 7 or 8 years old at the time of that recruitment and then Pearl’s show-cause penalty. Hard to imagine that could get him fired up enough to scream at JAB. The Kessler thing kind of makes sense? But still Smith and Harris have only been teammates for a few months.

Does anyone know what he said? I couldn’t tell off the replay. I thought he said “they can’t with me” but don’t know if that’s right.

Our response didn’t surprise me because our team is soft. Jimmy and Joe at the scorers table looked over at JB like the two kids in school looking for the teacher to put him in timeout.

Even Mike Waters reaction as a proxy Syracuse representative on Twitter was embarrassing when you consider how when we were good we had guys barking at the other team all the time.
I know exactly what he said. I was 5 rows behind our bench. But the only words I post here are “ you, loser, mouth shut and old”

Any coach that allows his players to talk trash to another coach is a major league P.O.S.
In Pearl’s defense, he cut off Jabari in the press conference when a reporter asked him to elaborate and nipped this nonsense in the bud.

Last edited:
I took that as Pearl cutting him off so that Smith didn't incriminate Pearl. Pearl is several species lower than pond scum. I'm sure his players follow his example. If players want to talk that's fine. Whatever. Player to opposing coach or coach to opposing player is not. People making excuses for this punk move are flat out wrong. This thread has become as ridiculous as the coaching tree thread. Somebody (I'm looking at you Jimmy) should have been immediately in Smith's face. Although I'd prefer a well placed elbow or knee.

We have a twice sanctioned coach. Glass houses.
Yes. And there are people that have been caught speeding going 56 mph in a 55 mph road. And others that have been caught going 80 mph, And some people will say they were both speeding. Like everything else, there are degrees of rule breaking. Want to take a guess why Westry ended up with Auburn?

Yes. And there are people that have been caught speeding going 56 mph in a 55 mph road. And others that have been caught going 80 mph, And some people will say they were both speeding. Like everything else, there are degrees of rule breaking. Want to take a guess why Westry ended up with Auburn?
Exactly and as I posted earlier, Bruce Pearl is in a class of his own. I get this is a message board, but I hate when posters don't do a 3 second google search before spouting stuff.

Been a while since we had a sure fire lotto pick like him.

Cant believe uconn beat them.

How many times do you think some fans of other teams made similar assertions about Melo?

Can’t believe this thread has gone on as long as it has.

How many times do you think some fans of other teams made similar assertions about Melo?

Can’t believe this thread has gone on as long as it has.
Here is the difference. I know for a fact, fact, what was asked for by the Westry clan. As I pointed out earlier, his visit lasted one day instead of 2 days. I never heard one word about Melo getting anything. So fans from other schools are free to guess that Melo got something. That is what it would be. A guess. There is a reason Westry was in it with LSU and Auburn at the end.

Anecdotal obviously but one of my friends was on vacation there last week unrelated to basketball. He's from Arizona but doesn't really follow hoops at all. Friday night he texted me that he met a player on "my team." Apparently, he ran into Jesse Edwards and his parents Friday night and he said they were the nicest people in the world. Didn't report any drama. Not refuting your account, just wanted to share that Jesse and the Edwards family are good people.
No doubt. I'm sure they all are nice people. Symirs mother was in line with us for 30 minutes, awesome woman. Bumped into most players and families first couple days...wonderful. after Auburn game ..not

I know exactly what he said. I was 5 rows behind our bench. But the only words I post here are “ you, loser, mouth shut and old”

In fairness, he did get crushes by colgate at home

The contrast of everything in that game yesterday. Jabari is the kind of kid we always used to get…not anymore.
Always? When did Syracuse ever consistently get top 5 guys? Not since the recruiting services came out, that’s for sure.