So what is up with Dungey | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So what is up with Dungey

Based on what??

Tend to agree.
Today was a stunt and don’t believe Dino for a second on last second decision. Coaches lie to gain some sort of advantage. It’s illogical to make him dress and not know he was already limping.

Glad they are protecting him though but I think we have seen last of dungey this year if high ankle which it must be (or he took a hit to head as well and we don’t know)

seems to me its a sprained knee and a sprained foot just by the way it looked on tv.. if the oline could block a but better he might be able to play hurt, but you know he needs to get away 7-10 times a game.

just back from the game. mahoney performed well in relief i thought. but their QB (wolford ?) came thru in the clutch. i knew he was gonna keep it when it mattered most and we just couldn't corral him. he's a gamer for sure. but i don't think zach was awful.
We lost 64-43. At what point did Wolford face a clutch situation?

He was checked out by a Dr. the night before and was cleared to potentially go if he felt he could. I am going to guess it was borderline at best, and thus the game time decision. If it were a stunt, they would have put the boot back on, at least for the 2nd half, and not risk further injury. He had the boot on up until the last minute. No one at SU is going to risk taking off a boot, putting Dungey in a shoe, having him "jog" out onto the field, and go through warm ups, just to fool the other team. We are not going to risk one of our student athletes that way. So NO. It was not a stunt. If he felt good, he would have played. Based on all of this, I think we see him travel next week, and a good chance we see him play.

Dungey - 65% last year, still 60% this yesr. Pretty good.

And I swear people told me DeVito may not improvise like Dungey but is fast enough and can run when necessary. No?
care taker has mentioned he has the fastest 40 and 3 cone time at the elite 11 camp iirc.

He was checked out by a Dr. the night before and was cleared to potentially go if he felt he could. I am going to guess it was borderline at best, and thus the game time decision. If it were a stunt, they would have put the boot back on, at least for the 2nd half, and not risk further injury. He had the boot on up until the last minute. No one at SU is going to risk taking off a boot, putting Dungey in a shoe, having him "jog" out onto the field, and go through warm ups, just to fool the other team. We are not going to risk one of our student athletes that way. So NO. It was not a stunt. If he felt good, he would have played. Based on all of this, I think we see him travel next week, and a good chance we see him play.

when dungey didnt do the full warmup like the rest of the team i had a feeling he might be only in pads as an emergency if mahoney got injured early. I also suspect the staff thought mahoney would do enough with the offense to rest dungey who is clearly banged up and hope is good to go saturday and they were right as mahoney led the team to 41 points

when dungey didnt do the full warmup like the rest of the team i had a feeling he might be only in pads as an emergency if mahoney got injured early. I also suspect the staff thought mahoney would do enough with the offense to rest dungey who is clearly banged up and hope is good to go saturday and they were right as mahoney led the team to 41 points
Regardless of what Dino said after the game, we aren't winning next week, even with Eric. Our 3 linebackers can't stop Jackson from running wild, and with one good defensive back in Scoop, it will be a long day. Let Rex get some experience to see what he can do.

Regardless of what Dino said after the game, we aren't winning next week, even with Eric. Our 3 linebackers can't stop Jackson from running wild, and with one good defensive back in Scoop, it will be a long day. Let Rex get some experience to see what he can do.
Louisville’s line is terrible. If we can get zaire, thomas and robinson to keep him in the pocket we can win.

frederick is a good #2 corner, you play to win the game andf we can win next week just need a weeks 1-10 defensive and a normal offensive game while not relying on field goals

U guys are funny. Everyone was aghast when i speculated he wouldn’t play this week and now that he didn’t Everyone is pointing to him limping on one leg at end of last game.

Something is wrong w the kid to be allowed to risk himself vs FSU and then suit up and not get a chance in this game. Seemed odd throughout.

My suspicion is he is done for 2017 If the sprain is severe and he aggravated playing through that game.

I won't waste my time getting into Devito vs. Dungey arguments next year because Dungy won't make it the full year anyway. In November he turns into a pumpkin.

We lost 64-43. At what point did Wolford face a clutch situation?

The numerous third and longs that he converted on. The fourth down.

Re: Dungey. He's banged up. The result of the O Line not protecting throughout the year. If he could have played Saturday, Dino would have put him in. When he was wearing a boot over his foot, I knew he wasn't playing. Hopefully, he is healthy enough to go this Saturday.

I heard Dungey hurt his duodenum. No wait, maybe it was his gall bladder. Perhaps it was his uvula. :confused:

We were behind the bench during the Florida State game and it looked like his big toe on his right (planting foot) was causing the issue/pain.

They taped, retaped and taped it again before he went back into the locker room I assume to get a shot?

We were behind the bench during the Florida State game and it looked like his big toe on his right (planting foot) was causing the issue/pain.

They taped, retaped and taped it again before he went back into the locker room I assume to get a shot?

They were playing "this little piggie went to market..."

The numerous third and longs that he converted on. The fourth down.

Re: Dungey. He's banged up. The result of the O Line not protecting throughout the year. If he could have played Saturday, Dino would have put him in. When he was wearing a boot over his foot, I knew he wasn't playing. Hopefully, he is healthy enough to go this Saturday.

Dungey’s injury has nothing to do with the offensive line. He just happens to be injury prone because of the way he runs. He’s been better at protecting himself this year, but he still winds up in precarious situations.

Lamar Jackson runs all over the field and never seems to get hurt. Why is that?

Dungey’s injury has nothing to do with the offensive line. He just happens to be injury prone because of the way he runs. He’s been better at protecting himself this year, but he still winds up in precarious situations.

Lamar Jackson runs all over the field and never seems to get hurt. Why is that?

Because nobody touches him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom