So what is up with Dungey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So what is up with Dungey

Let's hope it's not a high ankle sprain, if so, he is probably done for the year.

Terrible second half for Zach but if you had told me beforehand we would put up 43 today I would have felt good. The D was 2016 horrible today

Agreed I had in my head a 42-24 type victory but that was with Dungey.

The body language changed as things started to go South. There was no confidence that Zach was going to lead. Guys were visibly frustrated with some of the passes. Poor teammates imo.

I find it bizarre that he dressed. For what purpose ?

It doesn’t make any sense at all. The ankle is tested before u dress. If u are playing they shoot u up and go at it. Weird for sure

The whole concept of being a "game time decision" is that the decision isn't made on whether or not you play until right before gametime (or right after warmups).

I get that but come on. I’ve been around sports my whole life, if you’re not ok to play at 1 youre probably not goin to be okay at 3.

I get that but come on. I’ve been around sports my whole life, if you’re not ok to play at 1 youre probably not goin to be okay at 3.

Why let Wake know at 1 that he's out. Make them wait.

The only games we have won without ED were in 2015. CMU and BC.

Mahoney is a gutsy backup, but he is not a #1. He has always had accuracy issues and does not see the field
very well. Certainly a guy you want in your foxhole, but he isn't going to carry this team.

Let's hope Eric can play next week.

Babers said whether or not to play ED was a game time decision. Zach said he found out he was starting 15 minutes before kickoff. I would take that to mean ED probably improves enough to start next week.

Well thankfully next year if Eric gets hurt(hope not, would hate to see him go out like that), we’ll have a 4 star stud waiting to take over rather than a walk-on who can’t really pass all that well.

Mahoney isn’t a bad passer.

I doubt Dungey plays again this year.

We’ll see.

He isn’t a good passer either. Way too inconsistent. And I’m not sure where people place vision in the realm of passer but he’s generally a 1 Target QB.

Today was a track meet and we couldn’t keep up. That doesn’t excuse the defense, but there’s no reason Wake’s D should have looked that good in the 2nd half.

33-60 in this system? He’s never been accurate enough. He makes some nice throws here and there, and runs pretty well. He’s not accurate enough.

But really, he’s our 3rd best QB and backup by default and was a walkon. He’s played better than you can realistically expect whenever called on.

Ok, I'm going to get blasted for this because I know that a lot of fans on here are Dungey lovers but to me he is a china doll with low QB intelligence. Now I'm not say that he is not a smart person, but he is not a smart QB. He puts the team in jeopardy by getting hurt every season by trying to extend plays. Now I know there are many times those plays have contributed to wins and can only think of one of those plays that actually won the game (Clemson). I ask, is it really worth it if Dungey is putting his team in position to lose games because he can't play? This has happen every season and quite frankly I think he needs to be the leader of the team from an intelligence stand point. It is not just Dungey, the entire team just doesn't get the concept of "doing their job and being in position to make plays". How many of you saw the QB play coming of 4th down? I knew it was going to be a fake and swing outside, if Guthrie did his job and contained he would have been there to make the tackle. He got sucked in TWICE on the same play for scores!! QB ran ran right by him. As you can tell I am frustrated at the November implosion that has been happening for 15+ years. I keep hearing that "We have to get better players", I just hope they are "smarter players"

So you blame Dungey and Babers. Got it.

I’m on the other side. Those are by far the best things about SU football right now.

He isn’t a good passer either. Way too inconsistent. And I’m not sure where people place vision in the realm of passer but he’s generally a 1 Target QB.

Today was a track meet and we couldn’t keep up. That doesn’t excuse the defense, but there’s no reason Wake’s D should have looked that good in the 2nd half.

Problem is, Chip, Dungey really isn’t that great of a passer either. Inconsistent as well. Often times just throws it to an area hoping a receiver can catch it. I imagine DeVito is our best passer, but he won’t provide the dual threat ability like Dungey — and unless we have a great line and receivers, DeVito might not be the answer.

In other words, I hope we keep looking for dual threat QBs.

Problem is, Chip, Dungey really isn’t that great of a passer either. Inconsistent as well. Often times just throws it to an area hoping a receiver can catch it. I imagine DeVito is our best passer, but he won’t provide the dual threat ability like Dungey — and unless we have a great line and receivers, DeVito might not be the answer.

Dungey - 65% last year, still 60% this yesr. Pretty good.

And I swear people told me DeVito may not improvise like Dungey but is fast enough and can run when necessary. No?

Dungey - 65% last year, still 60% this yesr. Pretty good.

And I swear people told me DeVito may not improvise like Dungey but is fast enough and can run when necessary. No?

He may. We’ll see. Look forward to seeing him play — but hopefully not too soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom