So what is up with Dungey | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So what is up with Dungey

Problem is, Chip, Dungey really isn’t that great of a passer either. Inconsistent as well. Often times just throws it to an area hoping a receiver can catch it. I imagine DeVito is our best passer, but he won’t provide the dual threat ability like Dungey — and unless we have a great line and receivers, DeVito might not be the answer.

In other words, I hope we keep looking for dual threat QBs.

The talent on the OL is good and the recruits are rated higher. I think by the time we see DeVito out there the line will either be 3-4 years into the Babers era or more talented.

WR is not a concern. This staff gets QB and WR ready. I mean he had a bad half - but Mahoney took Jim Browns record last year and put up the most points in half all year (I think). And he’s not that accurate or naturally talented.

Signs still are pointing way up

The talent on the OL is good and the recruits are rated higher. I think by the time we see DeVito out there the line will either be 3-4 years into the Babers era or more talented.

WR is not a concern. This staff gets QB and WR ready. I mean he had a bad half - but Mahoney took Jim Browns record last year and put up the most points in half all year (I think). And he’s not that accurate or naturally talented.

Signs still are pointing way up
This.
Don't lose sight of the fact that this is just year 2. Following the Clemson win people rightfully re-adjusted expectations, but now that we've come back to earth, being right where we were expected to be in just year 2 aint that bad.

Limping badly.

Did anyone see him on sideline in second half?
He came out of the locker room after halftime wearing sweatpants with a black walking boot on. Could not tell if he was still wearing the knee brace.

Because nobody touches him?
That surely is a big factor.

Dungey and Jackson have a lot in common. Both has started early in their freshman seasons. Both are 6'3 (though Eric is listed at 6'4), but Jackson is only listed at 211 pounds versus ED's 222.

There isn't much of a difference in touches this year but over the past three years, Jackson has had many more opportunities to get injured but despite his rather frail frame, he has avoided injury much better than Eric has.

I realize sacks are also runs, but I wanted them broken out separately as I think a QB is a lot more vulnerable getting sacked than getting tackled in the open field. Especially if he likes to jump and karate chop defenders in the open field.

Jackson

Year Sacks Runs Passes
2015 26 163 247
2016 46 260 409
2017 22 178 352

Dungey

Year Sacks Runs Passes
2015 26 91 176
2016 22 125 355
2017 13 143 377

Lamar Jackson
Eric Dungey

They were playing "this little piggie went to market..."
I couldn't help thinking of this when I read this - at least they weren't this bored this time we played them

Florida-State-Hangman.jpg

Dungey had surgery today on his foot. He just posted on Instagram that the surgery went well and that his recovery officially begins.
So the charade is finally over?

Dungey had surgery today on his foot. He just posted on Instagram that the surgery went well and that his recovery officially begins.
I thought the rumor was it was a knee.

Thanks. Appreciate the inside info

For a guy that works in healthcare, that exchange was hysterical. Thanks for the laugh, rough day, needed it. :)

AGAIN, if ED is gonna continue to play reckless, then he is always gonna be at risk of contracting corns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom