So, who are we going to close with? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

So, who are we going to close with?

Surprised there’s no chatter really about LB. I know it’s not as important as OL DT and the CBs we are potentially after. Maybe Heard will be moved there.

I got hooked on that Franax real bad, Man. I keep swiping but its been days.

Am I the only one? I guess I was thinking there might be another 8-10...

I really don't want to start huffing glue.

the movie drinking GIF

Thought 5 to 7

I thought I read somewhere that we need some more slots to open and figured that would happen post bowl/Christmas. My hope is we see Chappell, Harris, the DT out of A&M Raikes, Barnes, Humes, McKinely, oline grad Travis and maybe QB Jackson.

I thought I read somewhere that we need some more slots to open and figured that would happen post bowl/Christmas. My hope is we see Chappell, Harris, the DT out of A&M Raikes, Barnes, Humes, McKinely, oline grad Travis and maybe QB Jackson.
Anyone who is going to enter the portal has to do so by 1/2/2024.

Anyone who is going to enter the portal has to do so by 1/2/2024.
Thanks CL and to confirm there can be a 3 day lag between when the athletes submit their request to portal and when the school is obliged to process the request? So a player could by the 2nd but it may not be public until the 5th?

Thanks CL and to confirm there can be a 3 day lag between when the athletes submit their request to portal and when the school is obliged to process the request? So a player could by the 2nd but it may not be public until the 5th?
Not CL - not even close - the school has 48 hours to enter the player's name

So. You're saying these kids are going to make me wait? The nerve.
In all seriousness, I suspect all of the kids on the roster are having conversations with their families this week about what they are going to do. Those decisions will be made and subsequently communicated to the school soon.

I have no idea how many Fran has suggested should move on. I have no idea how many kids will not like the way things look to be going and decide to move on of their own accord. But I suspect that will result in more movement. I also wouldn’t be shocked if we see further movement in the Spring portal window as some guys fall behind the depth chart of the new recruits and transfers Fran is bringing in to establish his vision.

when do we need to be at the 85 limit? Do we have to be under that limit by start of summer camp? By start of January activities? Because I suspect that date also impacts just how much movement we see coming in the short term vs before next season begins.

In all seriousness, I suspect all of the kids on the roster are having conversations with their families this week about what they are going to do. Those decisions will be made and subsequently communicated to the school soon.

I have no idea how many Fran has suggested should move on. I have no idea how many kids will not like the way things look to be going and decide to move on of their own accord. But I suspect that will result in more movement. I also wouldn’t be shocked if we see further movement in the Spring portal window as some guys fall behind the depth chart of the new recruits and transfers Fran is bringing in to establish his vision.

when do we need to be at the 85 limit? Do we have to be under that limit by start of summer camp? By start of January activities? Because I suspect that date also impacts just how much movement we see coming in the short term vs before next season begins.
Stop talking common sense and patience. This is a fan forum. We’ll have none of that here.

Not CL - not even close - the school has 48 hours to enter the player's name
Thanks for clarifying the 48 hours. I am not sure what you meant by “Not CL - not even close”.

Thanks for clarifying the 48 hours. I am not sure what you meant by “Not Cl- not even close”.
I Meant that CL (CuseLegacy) has long been the keeper of the gate when it comes to knowledge of those things. I was just responding because I knew that particular answer.

I Meant that CL (CuseLegacy) has long been the keeper of the gate when it comes to knowledge of those things. I was just responding because I knew that particular answer.
Oh gotcha man. Thanks again for confirming.

Reactions: 007
Stop talking common sense and patience. This is a fan forum. We’ll have none of that here.
I’m the guy who posted the below.… I don’t believe in any of that either.
Whatever Fran is going to do, he better hurry up. It’s 10 minutes to Christmas, and it’s been nearly 2 full days since our last commitment. All I can say is we are going through withdrawal…

Is there a Max # of a mix of H.S. recruits and x-fers that Cuse can take?

I thought that it used to be 25 total, but it seems that Colorado took way more than that last year/

Any one know?

Is there a Max # of a mix of H.S. recruits and x-fers that Cuse can take?

I thought that it used to be 25 total, but it seems that Colorado took way more than that last year/

Any one know?
We have to stay at or under the 85 limit for total scholarships but because of the coaching change, we can bring in as many recruits as we like for next year.

As long as we stay at or under 85 total.