so who is the #4 guard now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

so who is the #4 guard now

The best point guard on Campus!!!
tr.jpg

My guard depth chart - Battle, Buddy, Carey then Hughes. I think Carey will get more time there than Hughes. Howard Washington was given a scholarship for a reason - to play point guard. I for one have been disappointed he has not had any chance to play. As much as I would like to see him play, this is not the time or situation for that, given the odds of our predicament. I was also disappointed Carey didn't get more playing time during the season. Hey, our situation is what it is and the kids will have to adjust and step up. I think we can still squeak out a win tonight, but Gonzaga will be a difficult challenge. We've played well in the tournament in recent years and hopefully that trend will continue. The games will have me nail biting as usual. LGO

i'd start: battle, hughes, marek, brissett chukwu...buddy 6th man, sidibe and carey if needed...

we'll see: battle, buddy, hughes, brissett, chukwu

until 5 of those 8 are not available - we won't see anyone else - braswell is the emergency player.

there's 3 guards - only really need 1 out there basically.

I don’t worry about fouls with Battle. I am worried about how accurate the report that he is 100% recovered from the injury. Battles a gamer though so if he can play he will.

The ONLY reason not to use HW...if absolutely necessary...would be his health. Burning a redshirt year pales in comparison to possibly winning a tournament game. The only question in my mind is whether or not HW or Autry were to be the 7th G option. 7th? Yep. Battle, Buddy, Carey, Hughes, Dolezaj, Brissette. If it came to it I could see Dolezaj, Brissette, Chukwu, Sidibe, Braswell play without Autry or HW.
Personally speaking I would burn HW only if all 4 of the 1st 4 guys were out. As long as one of them is in I could absolutely see Dolezaj and even Brissette at G before HW or Autry. Game situation when this is necessary will also play a part. Its a different decision up big or down big and also 20 minutes or 5 minutes left. What if...the game went 6 OT? Nah, that could never happen. 95% sure that HW will enjoy his seat the rest of this season. He can battle for 4th or 5th G next season.

We’re going to regret letting Braedon Bayer leave...

Speaking of whom, I just looked up his stats. Not sure if he got hurt, but it doesn't appear that he got much of a chance to play at Siena this year:

Braedon Bayer - Men's Basketball - Siena College Athletics

In light of that, its too bad he didn't stick around. No issue with him heading off in search of PT, wish it had worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom