So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

Has there ever been a player that anyone remembers that completely lost his shot due to confidence issues , yet still fought hard and competed every game like he did. That in itself is quite impressive. Most others would of folded their pocket aces pre flop. Justins heart is unmatched.

Might be a Q. I think the names go: Judah Mintz; Justin Taylor; Quadir (could be Chris Bell since the others have first and last names and Chris Bell would fit in that space but Quadir Copeland wouldn't); and unfortunately the last name might be Chance Westry (looks like it starts with a C and it's too long for Chris Bell).
Transferring after a year of injury would be something

I'm in favor of Justin Taylor staying. All accounts even to the detriment of team his work ethic and attitude got him playing time. This summer he takes that work ethic and does the things he needs to improve. Remember Lazarus Sims and Howard Triche? They both had disastrous first two seasons. Then both turned it around,became valuable starters and played in championship games.
Reading between the lines here, and what Red repeatedly said, I think JT was locked in at the forward spot because of the attitudes of Bennie and Q.

Has there ever been a player that anyone remembers that completely lost his shot due to confidence issues , yet still fought hard and competed every game like he did. That in itself is quite impressive. Most others would of folded their pocket aces pre flop. Justins heart is unmatched.
He was just limited once his shot went. Lack of size, strength and speed to compete in this conference against guys he was going up against. He did have heart. I wish him well

Reading between the lines here, and what Red repeatedly said, I think JT was locked in at the forward spot because of the attitudes of Bennie and Q.

I mean if you were Q and your coach was refusing to start you over a lesser player that was going to be forced out the second the season ends what incentive do you have to toe the line?

I mean if you were Q and your coach was refusing to start you over a lesser player that was going to be forced out the second the season ends what incentive do you have to toe the line?

His scholarship for one.

End of the day, to quote our guy KaiserUEO , these dudes just wear laundry. Life goes on without guys like Q on the court.

Has there ever been a player that anyone remembers that completely lost his shot due to confidence issues , yet still fought hard and competed every game like he did. That in itself is quite impressive. Most others would have folded their pocket aces pre flop. Justins heart is unmatched.
Trevor Cooney.
Eventually found his shot, but those first few years...always seemed like he was our best zone defender up top. Feels like he was the best at racing out to the shooter, getting his hands high up and making the offensive player as uncomfortable as can be.

Trevor was another guy who gave it his all to make a difference, contribute intangibles if his shot wasn't falling.

While reading all the stuff about the behind the scenes behavior, I thought back to one post game presser by Coach Autry. During the presser Q interrupted Coach. After Q left, Coach looked at the reporters and said something like, see what I had to put up with this year. At the time I thought they were just having some fun. Maybe not.
I thought that whole situation was very disrespectful on Copeland’s part. Red tried to laugh it off. Once again, Copeland trying to bring attention to himself.

Might be a Q. I think the names go: Judah Mintz; Justin Taylor; Quadir (could be Chris Bell since the others have first and last names and Chris Bell would fit in that space but Quadir Copeland wouldn't); and unfortunately the last name might be Chance Westry (looks like it starts with a C and it's too long for Chris Bell).
GET THE WHITEOUT AND ERASERS OUT WE’RE FIGURING THIS OUT

Matt Govendo from Financial Wealth Management. He's a fan who gets air time on the show to promote and do segments, and types in the chat that Gmac is gone. Nothing more.

I'm surprised it didn't gain any traction or discussion here.
Gmac did look completed uninterested on the bench for a good part of the season. dissension within the ranks?

You are picking a really weird hill to die on.
I can see how you would think that. But I think it’s important to be fair to these kids and let people know if I think they are being unfairly described. It’s much more important how a person is as a person compared to as a basketball player. Maybe my sources are wrong, but I think putting both sides out there is the right thing to do.

Exactly.. Q is not a guy you can win with.. Im not even sure if things are true but that doesn't sound like someone for Each other...

I really believe peoples eyes can fool them... The more athletic, skilled, fluid player is just average if he doesn't play as teammate, if they have a low court IQ and if they are not coachable and work hard.

I know Q has a low court IQ.. Its bad... hearsay says he isnt coachable.. Thats 2 big things right there

I can see how you would think that. But I think it’s important to be fair to these kids and let people know if I think they are being unfairly described. It’s much more important how a person is as a person compared to as a basketball player. Maybe my sources are wrong, but I think putting both sides out there is the right thing to do.
Unless your sources are in the locker room and at practice id get some new sources. And that isnt taking a shot at you personally

Concur. I'm ready for this to be a fully operational battle station.
Then you wish for some of the really foul fans who hammered JT would have kept their message to themselves. Chemistry is so critical. Now he is gone as well

I guess the incentive would be: If you toe the line, you start and you play more minutes. Seems pretty straightforward to me, but what do I know?

Unless your sources are in the locker room and at practice id get some new sources. And that isnt taking a shot at you personally
Fwiw they are and that’s why I feel so strongly about this. It’s not a black-and-white issue. Like many would like to make it. It’s not binary. But I’ll move on from this.

Then you wish for some of the really foul fans who hammered JT would have kept their message to themselves. Chemistry is so critical. Now he is gone as well
Not sure why you're quoting me. I don't have anything to do with controlling the fans, players, or the program.

Fwiw they are and that’s why I feel so strongly about this. It’s not a black-and-white issue. Like many would like to make it. It’s not binary. But I’ll move on from this.
You are right. Race has nothing to do with it. Both parties involved will move on to greener pastures and in the end Red will sleep better at night

You are right. Race has nothing to do with it. Both parties involved will move on to greener pastures and in the end Red will sleep better at night
Man I wasn’t referring to race. I’m talking about a guy can not be a perfect person, but that doesn’t mean he is a horrible person either. Shaking my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom