So...Why Didn't SU Recruit Nanticoke? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So...Why Didn't SU Recruit Nanticoke?

I don't actually spend much time in Albany but the Albany campus is pretty nice. Lots of shiny new stuff.

It's a nice campus. I used to watch NY Giants Training Camp every year before they moved it back to Jersey.

nice campus agreed but i find it really hard to believe the academic criteria is that much more lax (i did that ) than SU.
must be a better reason than academics we miss out on multiple tewaarton trophy winners in our own backyard.
(and yes that assumes nanticoke wins at least 1 )

Last edited:
nice campus agreed but i find it really hard to believe the academic criteria is that much more lax (i did that ) than SU.
must be a better reason than academics we miss out on multiple tewaarton trophy winners in our own backyard.
(and yes that assumes nanticoke wins at least 1 )

All you need to know about Syracuse admissions is that they allow football players to enroll who meet minimum NCAA admission standards. Any talk that UAlbany kids couldn't meet Syracuse admissions is sour grapes for not a getting a kid. It's bunk.

Not to mention, SPECIAL, consideration would be given to any Native American. Lets not kid ourselves.

He simply choose another for his particular situation, just as many orange players choose Cuse over other suitors.

I heard grades for anybody we didn't get who's good. :rolleyes:

A corpse could matriculate at U of Albany. It is not a school of rocket scientist. The entrance requirement is being able to walk and chew gum.

I don't actually spend much time in Albany but the Albany campus is pretty nice. Lots of shiny new stuff.

It's like a $6-10 billion upgrade to the area. Lots of jobs, both in construction and nano-technology itself. It's not the Albany I grew up in with lots of manufacturing, but it is moving forward and upward.

30360.jpg

Sometimes it's the little things that show respect for the culture...

Not going lament about a recruit who decided on another. Happens all the time to all the major programs as do transfers. Focused on Staats and our recruits and retaining good players who are here. Remember Winaskaus? He had five goals last night, now eleven on the season. He was treated n prepared well to play this year but left to go home. That one stings right now but we have good young talent waiting in the wings.

Not going lament about a recruit who decided on another. Happens all the time to all the major programs as do transfers. Focused on Staats and our recruits and retaining good players who are here. Remember Winaskaus? He had five goals last night, now eleven on the season. He was treated n prepared well to play this year but left to go home. That one stings right now but we have good young talent waiting in the wings.

Desko not playing Wisnauskas last year was criminal

Desko not playing Wisnauskas last year was criminal

Don't think it would have mattered to be honest (though I do agree). Kid was homesick and appears he wanted out no matter what.

Don't think it would have mattered to be honest (though I do agree). Kid was homesick and appears he wanted out no matter what.

I'd be homesick to if I was sitting the bench; when I was obviously good enough to be playing.

Went to grad school there and was never a fan of the campus.A bit on the sterile side but everyone has different tastes.

I'd be homesick to if I was sitting the bench; when I was obviously good enough to be playing.

Was he good enough last year to beat out Evans/ Bomberry/ Solomon/ Rehfuss for meaningful playing time?

Or would he have been a 6th attackman who played only against Siena.

Went to grad school there and was never a fan of the campus.A bit on the sterile side but everyone has different tastes.

When is the last time you were on campus?

Was he good enough last year to beat out Evans/ Bomberry/ Solomon/ Rehfuss for meaningful playing time?

Or would he have been a 6th attackman who played only against Siena.

I'm not real enamored with Desko's personnel decisions so it beats me who's who. But you have a scenario where he’s sitting the bench while Rehfus is getting those 4th attack minutes. Why would he think he's going to get a fair chance to start next year when #2, #3 and #4 all return?

Who's to say Desko makes the right personnel decisions? He's been trotting Lane out there for 4 years. Maybe he should have moved guys around to fit Wasnauskas?

So he goes back home, starts for the defending national champ and is 11 and 3 on the season against Navy, High Point, Marist and Penn.

I don't know how Wiz looked in Fall Ball last year.

Maybe he needed a redshirt.

Maybe he'd be starting today if he stayed and Bomberry would get moved to Middie.

Dumb question but not all lax kids get the same money right? UAlbany has to be cheaper for any kid not getting a full ride of which I assume therre are very few.

Dumb question but not all lax kids get the same money right? UAlbany has to be cheaper for any kid not getting a full ride of which I assume therre are very few.

Yes, each player has a different package. Bomberry for example is going for free under the Native American Promise scholarship ( Hudanese promise or something like that, I am butchering the name). Most players get a small % as a scholarship and then financial aid etc. Some guys do get more for example a guy like Staats if he wasn't under the native american scholarship would have gotten close to a full ride.

There are 12.6 scholarships to divvy up any way the coach wants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom