So, You're A Candidate for SU AD | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

So, You're A Candidate for SU AD

Stop taking things so literal, you're above that mindset.

When say literal, do you mean as in every word?

This is like the mortgage crisis all over again...'but this is my dream house!!! How dare you foreclose on me! Bank A said I could and should live here!!'
Bank A also took stated income and let you buy a home 3x as much as you should and could buy, so now I have to suffer???
You're out, unless you can pay...

This is a little off topic and people have strong ideas about the "mortgage crisis". I just want to say years ago before Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act when the people originating the loan were also the people who held the note things seemed to work better. When the people originating the loans had skin in the game it worked pretty well in preventing toxic sub-prime mortgages. Just saying.

Not in charge of division=FAIL.

Fun excersize, I clearly...(sigh) again...won.
Well, you got a nice lunch at kimmel out of it. If you consider that winning, good for you. You do know that coaches when they get hired as head coaches in the NFL or managers in MLB, don't get to hire all of their coaches, right?

When say literal, do you mean as in every word?

i die laughing everyday when i read the incompetence here.

(do i really die??? no. are people here incompetent?? yes. so dave, theres skill needed here)

This is a little off topic and people have strong ideas about the "mortgage crisis". I just want to say years ago before Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act when the people originating the loan were also the people who held the note things seemed to work better. When the people originating the loans had skin in the game it worked pretty well in preventing toxic sub-prime mortgages. Just saying.[/QUOTE said:
ugh, dont have time for this...

So you want an AD that doesn't have an edge or ego? I think it's a pretty prominent position that should go to someone with a sturdy backbone.

Secondly, how do we really know that Hopkins is the best available option? Especially from the standpoint of an outsider (non-SU affiliated) AD candidate?

The guy has been joined to the hip with Jim Boeheim and SU basketball since 1988. Institutional knowledge alone of why we have and have not signed kids since then, a million reasons. To say this is a job interview with say 3 really solid candidates in this case is way off.

Well, you got a nice lunch at kimmel out of it. If you consider that winning, good for you. You do know that coaches when they get hired as head coaches in the NFL or managers in MLB, don't get to hire all of their coaches, right?
i hear of that more in baseball, than football. but yes, it happens.

for the weaker ones.

guess, thats what we want.

weak candidates.

desperate for jobs, who will take underlings shoved down their throats by an out of touch board, who green lighted a decision made by 2 ousted people...and are sticking to it.

yippee!!

ill take kimmel, was better than what i was expecting... a dennys coupon.

i hear of that more in baseball, than football. but yes, it happens.

for the weaker ones.

guess, thats what we want.

weak candidates.

desperate for jobs, who will take underlings shoved down their throats by an out of touch board, who green lighted a decision made by 2 ousted people...and are sticking to it.

yippee!!

ill take kimmel, was better than what i was expecting... a dennys coupon.
Honest to god... from what I remember, I would take the denny's coupon

what are the odds that the best person for the job just happens to be the assistant coach already there? Hiring from within is often times a losing prop