So... | Syracusefan.com

So...

Jake

Mod
In the past three weeks we've choked away a chance at being a protected seed and MSG, lost in our first ACC tourney game, lost to Dayton i. The ncaas st essentially a home game in the ncaas, had our stud PG who we thought would be here for at least two years declare for the NBA, watched uconn go to the final four after holding a garden party, and our beloved top assistant is likely mulling a chance to jump ship to a league rival in the same section if the country where he's had great recruiting success for us.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the top floor of Destiny USA preparing for a swan dive into the Easter Bunny.

In the past three weeks we've choked away a chance at being a protected seed and MSG, lost in our first ACC tourney game, lost to Dayton i. The ncaas st essentially a home game in the ncaas, had our stud PG who we thought would be here for at least two years declare for the NBA, watched uconn go to the final four after holding a garden party, and our beloved top assistant is likely mulling a chance to jump ship to a league rival in the same section if the country where he's had great recruiting success for us.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the top floor of Destiny USA preparing for a swan dive into the Easter Bunny.

Watch out for my body when you hit the ground. Please dont fall on me

I feel your pain.

This part really hurts. "our beloved top assistant is likely mulling a chance to jump ship to a league rival in the same section if the country where he's had great recruiting success for us".

:noidea:

The only thing that matters is Hopkins, everything else is in the past. Losing Hop would suck, but assistants leave, nature of the game.

JB fears leaving too soon, can't hardly blame him. But then again, timing is everything so soldiering on has always carried the risk of losing Hop.

I should be packing for Dallas instead of checking this forum and twitter every few minutes for Hop news or clues.

3qye8t.jpg

There has to be a come to Jesus about jbs timeline...gotta think if 2016 is really it, hop would stay.

Hey, at least you didn't have to also take (and write up) the minutes for a very complex church board meeting tonight. But then, that did save me from watching the UK game.

Last edited:
You couldn't write the script any better. It's pure gold. Think about it? You forgot the part where we didn't lose until our 26th game.

Hilarious. It's legit hilarious. Again- the strange season continues.

Hey, at least you didn't have to also take (and write up) the minutes for a very complex church board meeting tonight. But then, that did save me from watching the UK game.

So stop bragging, already ...

;)

You couldn't write the script any better. It's pure gold. Think about it? You forgot the part where we didn't lose until our 26th game.

Hilarious. It's legit hilarious. Again- the strange season continues.

On February 15th at 8:58-ish I was jumping out of my seat at the Dome holding my breath as CJ put in the transition layup for the win over NC State.

I must have went to bed that night with visions of Final Four in my head. That sure seems like a long time ago!

I am not that pessimistic, Jake. Our team lost its scoring touch and we lost games we expected to win; that happens. They kept telling us that Ennis would leave; he did. I have not seen Grant go yet; he has relatives that understand the NBA better than those of most players, and they might give him good advice. I think Hop is smart enough to avoid killing his career by venturing into a death trap at BC; I bet he gets a substantial raise from SU and stays.

I am not that pessimistic, Jake. Our team lost its scoring touch and we lost games we expected to win; that happens. They kept telling us that Ennis would leave; he did. I have not seen Grant go yet; he has relatives that understand the NBA better than those of most players, and they might give him good advice. I think Hop is smart enough to avoid killing his career by venturing into a death trap at BC; I bet he gets a substantial raise from SU and stays.

How much of a raise? We can't pay him more then the HC