So... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So...

Embrace change, it is going to happen.

The bright side is that we might only lose Ennis. If JB is correct in telling the press that Ennis was instructed to take it to the hoop against Dayton for the final shot and he pulled up then do you want that for one more year? Great talent but what a nightmare if he just stopped listening to coach.

Don't know if this will cheer you up, but atleast I tried :noidea:.

Worst part is I don't think we will be that good next year, best part is I think we will be really solid in 2 years.
In todays day and age a team with good chemisty beats one / two and done players. We will be ok either way, look at all the underdogs making runs.

Interesting you bring up chemistry. MSU players were screaming at each other all over the place yesterday. Wonder if they have some issues there as well.

But to get back to the thread topic, there were some really fun games to watch this weekend, but the fact that SU wasn't there really sucked. And the fact Hop is thinking about leaving really sucks. And as Jake mentioned in the first post, he could be moving into a place where he has done extremely well getting recruits sucks even more.

rrlbees said:
It's a fact we only went to one in that timeframe. But it's also fact that 2 of those seasons we lost a key cog where we might have home to the F4. I also contend we got boned big time vs OSU.

I tried this excuse with a UConn fan.

He said injuries are part of the game.

Next.

I tried this excuse with a UConn fan.

He said injuries are part of the game.

Next.

Says the guy whose team beat Iowa St., yet another example of a good team who lost a key cog right before the tourney.

We'll find out how much was the dome and how much was hopkins. Recruiting took off when Hop took over for Fine but a big reason for that upgrade is that Fine was probably giving creepy stares to every teenager he met. Hop earned the right to succeed boeheim but i am not worried at all about replacing boeheim, there'll be a line around the block of guys who've won more games than I have as a head coach (unlike Hop)

Who has gone to the f4 in recent yeast after losing a starter just prior to the tourney?

Fab wasn't exactly a model kid. That's more an example of playing with fire.

As far as Butler, well, we let them dictate tempo. That seems to be a theme in losing to lesser programs in March.

Outside the OU loss all our tournament losses since Bama have been these drag-out gut-wrentching games.

Embrace change, it is going to happen.

The bright side is that we might only lose Ennis. If JB is correct in telling the press that Ennis was instructed to take it to the hoop against Dayton for the final shot and he pulled up then do you want that for one more year? Great talent but what a nightmare if he just stopped listening to coach.
You can't be serious. Unfortunately in basketball you have to make quick decisions in real time. That wasn't a great decision, but it certainly doesn't mean that he had 'stopped listening to the coach'.

Bayside44 said:
Fab wasn't exactly a model kid. That's more an example of playing with fire. As far as Butler, well, we let them dictate tempo. That seems to be a theme in losing to lesser programs in March. Outside the OU loss all our tournament losses since Bama have been these drag-out gut-wrentching games.
We also inexplicably decided to run our offense through Rick Jackson in that Butler game. Stunning it didn't work.

And yeah, the fact that Fab was even in the program at the point he got suspended should give some people pause. There's 2nd chances, and then there's ...

We also inexplicably decided to run our offense through Rick Jackson in that Butler game. Stunning it didn't work.

And yeah, the fact that Fab was even in the program at the point he got suspended should give some people pause. There's 2nd chances, and then there's ...
That is a good point. It isn't as if the fab situation just came out of the blue.

BostonOrange said:
That is a good point. It isn't as if the fab situation just came out of the blue.

His academic issues were the least of his transgressions.

No clue what you just said. I guess what you are saying is because we struggled late this season it negates the last 2.

I've no clue what rabbit hole you're trying to drag me into either. I'll hop along.

We'll find out how much was the dome and how much was hopkins. Recruiting took off when Hop took over for Fine but a big reason for that upgrade is that Fine was probably giving creepy stares to every teenager he met. Hop earned the right to succeed boeheim but i am not worried at all about replacing boeheim, there'll be a line around the block of guys who've won more games than I have as a head coach (unlike Hop)
likewise, i'm not concerned about replacing Hop (provided JB is ok looking outside the program like he did with Weaver and Murphy). There are top tier recruiters for whom our gig would be massively attractive.

...the University of North Carolina.

No clue what you just said. I guess what you are saying is because we struggled late this season it negates the last 2.
youre forgetting a board rule of thumb.

theres the right take, the wrong take and then swish's take.

and swish's take is always some alternate world bizarro-take, based off the wrong side of things.

cmon, you know this.

I wouldn't be worried if I knew SU could get Shaka Smart. Dream about how good his havoc pressure would be with the talent he could recruit at SU. I just doubt SU would ever pay the kind of money necessary after they have lived in fantasy land for so long with JB's way below market salary.

I devoutly hope that

Boston College:Mike Hopkins as University of Rochester:James Arthur Boeheim.

I am not advocating JB leave right away. More saying I hope Hop chooses Syracuse and we're not left wondering "what if he'd stayed" sometime down the road. Or since JB once stated he almost got lured away from Syracuse, perhaps I could amend above to:

Boston College:Mike Hopkins as THE Ohio State University:James Arthur Boeheim.

I dunno. All I know is .

This ain't about $. BC is a minimum wage BCS gig. It's about the title.

Hearing THAT from you scares the bejeezus out of me. There is almost no chance, even if he doesnt take BC, that we survive 3 more years with him as an assistant.

I wouldn't be worried if I knew SU could get Shaka Smart. Dream about how good his havoc pressure would be with the talent he could recruit at SU. I just doubt SU would ever pay the kind of money necessary after they have lived in fantasy land for so long with JB's way below market salary.

The problem with Shaka types... They may stay two successful years then move on to the SEC (warmer climate, more mullah)..

Wouldn't blame Hop in the least if he took off- he's played the good soldier long enough, IMO. More importantly, we're now in a conundrum w/ JB.
On the one hand, no right-thinking SU fan wants him gone...he's still performing at a peak level and the brand is better than ever.
On the other hand, I believe his record of post-season "effectiveness" is where it will remain and is relatively easy to predict;
(1) We'll win 25+ games and start w/ a gaudy record until mid-to-late Feb.
(2) We'll get a Top4 finish in Conference play.
(3) We'll make the semis-finals of the Conference Tourney.
(4) Get a Top5 seed in the Dance.
(5) Get bounced in the 2ndRound-Sweet16, most likely to a lower seed.
That in a nutshell, is a "typical" Boeheim year. Not bad, by any means, but not exactly emblematic of a finishing kick.
Its also a Marty Schottenheimer-like result that guarantees he can stay as long as he wants, a right he's earned. JB will never lose enough games to have SU fans calling for his head, but he's also likely to continue the postseason fails. At this point, It is what it is.

Wouldn't blame Hop in the least if he took off- he's played the good soldier long enough, IMO. More importantly, we're now in a conundrum w/ JB.
On the one hand, no right-thinking SU fan wants him gone...he's still performing at a peak level and the brand is better than ever.
On the other hand, I believe his record of post-season "effectiveness" is where it will remain and is relatively easy to predict;
(1) We'll win 25+ games and start w/ a gaudy record until mid-to-late Feb.
(2) We'll get a Top4 finish in Conference play.
(3) We'll make the semis-finals of the Conference Tourney.
(4) Get a Top5 seed in the Dance.
(5) Get bounced in the 2ndRound-Sweet16, most likely to a lower seed.
That in a nutshell, is a "typical" Boeheim year. Not bad, by any means, but not exactly emblematic of a finishing kick.
Its also a Marty Schottenheimer-like result that guarantees he can stay as long as he wants, a right he's earned. JB will never lose enough games to have SU fans calling for his head, but he's also likely to continue the postseason fails. At this point, It is what it is.

OH Boy this is statring to sound a lot like what SU fans thought prior to JAB winning the NCAAT. Well at least he was teflon for a decade+.