So... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So...

In the past three weeks we've choked away a chance at being a protected seed and MSG, lost in our first ACC tourney game, lost to Dayton i. The ncaas st essentially a home game in the ncaas, had our stud PG who we thought would be here for at least two years declare for the NBA, watched uconn go to the final four after holding a garden party, and our beloved top assistant is likely mulling a chance to jump ship to a league rival in the same section if the country where he's had great recruiting success for us.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the top floor of Destiny USA preparing for a swan dive into the Easter Bunny.

Why the hell are people liking that post in droves?

I mean...READ IT, people.

In the past three weeks we've choked away a chance at being a protected seed and MSG, lost in our first ACC tourney game, lost to Dayton i. The ncaas st essentially a home game in the ncaas, had our stud PG who we thought would be here for at least two years declare for the NBA, watched uconn go to the final four after holding a garden party, and our beloved top assistant is likely mulling a chance to jump ship to a league rival in the same section if the country where he's had great recruiting success for us.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the top floor of Destiny USA preparing for a swan dive into the Easter Bunny.
Maybe to top if off before you make that final leap you will see an SU bball player being lead out of Lord & Taylor in handcuffs? ;)

No bueno

MadNY3 said:
Why the hell are people liking that post in droves? I mean...READ IT, people.

We need a dislike tap.

but, but, JB has 900 wins and we went to the final 4 last year and the great 8 before that, and happy people are better people. They just are.

Agree man, it's been a tough 3 weeks. Let's just hope that this 2nd golden age is not drawing to a close.

swish7 said:
but, but, JB has 900 wins and we went to the final 4 last year and the great 8 before that, and happy people are better people. They just are. Agree man, it's been a tough 3 weeks. Let's just hope that this 2nd golden age is not drawing to a close.

What are you mocking the facts in your first paragraph ?

This ain't about $. BC is a minimum wage BCS gig. It's about the title.
I'd rather have the Harvard HC gig or any others. BC basketball is like the Rutgers football dumpster fire. They have no hope. None. He'd be better served in a small conference with an auto bid. I thought USC sucked. This is way worse!

Hey, at least you didn't have to also take (and write up) the minutes for a very complex church board meeting tonight. But then, that did save me from watching the UK game.

With your typing skills, that flock really does need a miracle. Just waiting for the Sunday announcements to contain the C-word.

What are you mocking the facts in your first paragraph ?
The facts in my first sentence are the most common wedge argument against saying the team is in a rough patch, when it has not yet been officially stamped "OK" to say the team is in a rough patch. Now that it has, perhaps I should not mock those fine folks.

The facts in my first sentence are the most common wedge argument against saying the team is in a rough patch, when it has not yet been officially stamped "OK" to say the team is in a rough patch. Now that it has, perhaps I should not mock those fine folks.

No clue what you just said. I guess what you are saying is because we struggled late this season it negates the last 2.

UConn is about to play in its 3rd Final Four in 6 years.

The same 6 years that have seen SU have its best run of regular season success ever. And make it to one Final Four.

To quote a former SU assistant coach, "It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks."

Scooch said:
UConn is about to play in its 3rd Final Four in 6 years. The same 6 years that have seen SU have its best run of regular season success ever. And make it to one Final Four. To quote a former SU assistant coach, "It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks."

It's a fact we only went to one in that timeframe. But it's also fact that 2 of those seasons we lost a key cog where we might have home to the F4.

I also contend we got boned big time vs OSU.

rrlbees said:
It's a fact we only went to one in that timeframe. But it's also fact that 2 of those seasons we lost a key cog where we might have home to the F4. I also contend we got boned big time vs OSU.

UConn lost a year to a tourney ban, got dumped into a horrible conference, and yet still retained /attracted enough good players to make a Final Four.

I know what you're saying, but the excuses don't keep me warm anymore.

It's a fact we only went to one in that timeframe. But it's also fact that 2 of those seasons we lost a key cog where we might have home to the F4.

While I understand what you are saying - other teams can make the same argument, and teams cope with injuries, especially the "elite teams". Kentucky had a big injury today -- didn't stop them from beating Michigan. We still should have beat Butler in 2010 - we came out in that game completely flat and let an athletically overmatched team dictate the game and scrap/claw to victory. It's a broken record.

While I understand what you are saying - other teams can make the same argument, and teams cope with injuries, especially the "elite teams". Kentucky had a big injury today -- didn't stop them from beating Michigan. We still should have beat Butler in 2010 - we came out in that game completely flat and let an athletically overmatched team dictate the game and scrap/claw to victory. It's a broken record.

Who has gone to the f4 in recent yeast after losing a starter just prior to the tourney?

rrlbees said:
It's a fact we only went to one in that timeframe. But it's also fact that 2 of those seasons we lost a key cog where we might have home to the F4. I also contend we got boned big time vs OSU.

Ughhh don't bring up OSU... Locals still talk about some guy dressed in orange who climbed through 4 foot of snow to the top of an over pass and just sat there drinking a beer that he illegally took from the bar. I hate that day so much

I can live with this year because we played ourselves into where we went. But the two years in which we lost AO and Melo still feel like something was taken from us. The OSU game defies any rationalization whatsoever.

In the past three weeks we've choked away a chance at being a protected seed and MSG,
this individual team was not that good
lost in our first ACC tourney game,
lost to Dayton i. The ncaas st essentially a home game in the ncaas,
had our stud PG who we thought would be here for at least two years declare for the NBA,
he was ready to. Sucks that he is, but its true
watched uconn go to the final four after holding a garden party,
who??
and our beloved top assistant is likely mulling a chance to jump ship to a league rival in the same section if the country where he's had great recruiting success for us.
there is other coaching options if he does.

Don't know if this will cheer you up, but atleast I tried :noidea:.

Worst part is I don't think we will be that good next year, best part is I think we will be really solid in 2 years.
In todays day and age a team with good chemisty beats one / two and done players. We will be ok either way, look at all the underdogs making runs.

Last edited:

LIke I said before, Worst.March.Ever.

Wow. Key words are we "might" have been to more, let's not deal with facts. We "went" to one. Maybe Fab should never have been in school or should not have been brought back to the team. Lots of if's & but's. Sick of excuses, we have a nice program but at times we struggle in March more frequently than many teams. We can make excuses but I am sure many teams can also. Not sure which direction the program is going, a continuation of the 2011 - 2013 run or reverting to early tournament exits. Hoping we continue going up but it is definitely not a certainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom